California State University - Stanislaus Reviews

1,017 reviews
I was originally at Merced College doing my required list to transfer to CSU Stanislaus. I couldn’t wait to get on campus and once I was I felt more successful than I have been in a long time. I wanted to go to Stanislaus straight from High School but had obstacles I needed to face first. Now that I’m here, I’m happy. I can finally finish and get my degree.
Ita a great campus with a lot of diversity and the professors work well with the stidwnts untill they understand thw concept.
the staff are very friendly and helpful campus is not the big so it is pretty easy to find your classes . I wouldn't change anything about stan state.
Start Your Review of California State University - Stanislaus
California State University Stanislaus is a very beautiful campus located in the central valley. Although the library hours should be extended, the staff does a very good job providing many free benefits to the students. If you get involved and take advanced of the free opportunities they offer you may enjoy this University. There isn't much of a party scene here.
This school is great, they have a lot of good programs especially if your majoring in nursing, criminal justice, or child development
I absolutely LOVE Stan State. The campus is small but, that is definitely an advantage in the classroom because professors usually know how you are and push you to do better. Housing is a lot better compared to others. There is free 8am - 11pm access to washers, dryers, games, printing, and computers for students who live on campus. Some rooms on-campus come with a kitchen and all are fully furnished. The same amentities apply for students who live across the street in The Vistas. Food on campus can range from really good to edible. Warrior Grill is a great option for burger and wing lovers. Main Dining has everything from pizza, pasta, and salad to burritos and fried rice. Village Cafe has its ups and downs but when staff is doing good the food taste great as well. MSR Cafe is always reliable and usually really great when you need something fast. However, MSR Cafe is more of snack establishment as well as Pop's Connivence Shop. Campus also has lots of geese.
it has a great community. the professors know you by name and personally. the classes aren't over populated. the view of the campus is amazing. it is a great place to go to school.
CSU Stanislaus is good because it has knowledgeable instructors that are currently working in the field they teach in. Classroom instruction covered real life situations and helped ready us for teaching in our own classrooms.
Honestly the place is great, just the fact that they're building a rearranging the whole school isn't making me like my college experience as there are construction sites all over the place and its hard to really enjoy our views. Most professors are very kind and love educating us so thats great.
I really enjoy going to CSU Stanislaus. Although it is considered to be a "commuter college" there is a thriving campus life to be a part of. I love how the campus is laid out and the enviroment itself. Stan has amazing professors who are there to help you succeed and who are always willing to lend out a helping hand when needed. This was very helpful for me in my transition from high school to college. I am very happy that I chose CSU Stanislaus to study at to get my degree.
About to finish my first semester as a transfer student over here, it's very much different from the environment in the Bay. If you want to make things work here, make some connections with some people. I made some friends by joining a service fraternity. Currently pursuing a Chemistry degree.
I like the campus environment. It’s peaceful and serene. The library needs updating and housing goes fast. Certain majors do not require advising, so your on your own. Prerequisites for classes aren’t listed when registering for classes. Certain classes are offered only Fall or Spring and if those classes are full graduation can be delayed an entire year. Financial Aid is slow to process appeals. Be warned if you are a transfer with excess units!
I am currently a second-year student. I am studying Criminal Justice and feel that all my professors teach me material that will soon be beneficial to my future career. The administration is very helpful in all fields. I love attending this school.
I love Stanislaus, the athletic program is excellent and the professors truly care about the success of their students.
I will be attending California State University for the 2018-2019 school year as a freshman. I'm sure my experience with the school will be amazing.
The experiences I have are wonderful, the students and the teachers are very kind and help you in whatever you need. Especially the teachers are very good at explaining the lessons and project we have in class. What I would like to change is the food, I would like to have more variety of vegetables and fruits and a healthier menu. We also had incidents of theft and I would like to have more security for the students
I love Stanislaus! It is a great college. Diversity is excellent and so are the professors. The atmosphere is beautiful and makes learning easy. The one thing I wish I could change is the cost. This college tuition, like all CSUs, are expensive.
Start Your Review of California State University - Stanislaus
This university is a very friendly environment. Everybody always has a positive attitude and nobody ever causes problems. You feel comfortable asking anyone around you for help and they will gladly help you with whatever you need. I am glad I came here and glad everyone here is so motivated to learn. Nobody messes around and in class everyone always has their things ready to start a new lecture in class. I love the fact that people eat in the dining hall and work on homework sometimes instead of socializing. That just shows people really want to graduate and do good.
Stan State is somewhat of a small university. The overall campus is big but the classrooms can be deemed below average. The professors will look after your performance only if you show that you're motivated to learn in their class. The school itself focuses a lot on "Diversity" which you can see within a couple of days there. The area of Turlock has a majority Hispanic/Latino population followed by white and middle eastern, along with some Asian. There's not too many sub fields you can go into when choosing your major, or so it seems like. The campus climate is calm, what else would you expect from a small town.
I like the student to professor ratio. I’d change the housing rent because it’s too much each month.