California State University - San Marcos Reviews

1,516 reviews
I love CSUSM, class size is small and diverse. Professors are very caring and helpful. Lots of resources to help students on campus!
California State University San Marcos is a great campus with great academics. The dorms are very beautiful along with the area. I feel safe on campus.
My experience at San Marcos has been very pleasant! The campus is just the right size and the location is perfect. With so many clubs, activities, and sports, it is a perfect campus to stay involved!
Start Your Review of California State University - San Marcos
Very clean school and nice campus. Rather expensive though, you have to pay to use the printers and parking is 300$ a semester. Good student services though.
It is a very small campus so it’s easy to get from class to class. Small class size makes for more personal professors.
I like the class sizes, but it's very difficult to get into classes if you do not have priority registration. The student health services are extremely poor and inaccessible to students who work/have class schedules that are during the extremely limited hours of the service office. Doctors and nurses are rude, do not listen to concerns of the patients and do not provide basic services as expected. However, student life and events are fantastic and the community is very welcoming. Professor office hours are very good, but some professors refuse to hear the students opinions that don't match their own and subsequently become very unhelpful. However, there are some professors that go above and beyond to help out students who need extra help in their class.
I love the scenery, seeing the sunset once you get out of class. Many events offered to students and stress relief yourself. Wish the housing would be less expensive and have little more appeal for the UVA. Different color and make it more vibrant.
I loved my time at CSUSM it is a campus that has such a friendly ambiance. I felt very comfortable around campus and I loved how diverse it was.
While I'm older than the average student and not interested in activities that are offered, I am enjoying my time here very much. Each on of my professors have been so helpful and are inspiring.
What I really like about this school is the environment. The small size of the campus was great for someone like me. I like to learn in smaller groups because it offers more one on one with professors. Also the environment with the student body is great, you meet some really good and kind people. The thing I would like to see is more diversity in disciplines.
I enjoy the diversity at the campus. I came from a small town where the majority of the population is Mexican. It's refreshing to step onto a campus where everyone is unique but are all there for their education.
Since it is such a small school everything feels like home. I never thought a school can make one feel so included.
CSU San Marcos is an excellent school. The professors are not just brilliant, but also care for you as a person. I had to bring my daughter on campus with me and the professors went out of their way to help me.
I learned so much while I was here. I'm really thankful for all the friends I made along the way. Thank you Cal State San Marcos
Beautiful campus and caring professors. I am starting in Fall 2018 as a graduate student for Public Health and I am excited to be on this campus. I met a graduate student already attending the program. She attended the information night to help answer questions regarding the Masters of Public Health. Students and staffs are all hardworking and I feel motivated by the environment of the campus.
Professors put in a lot of effort into classes as well as trying to push students to go to various campus activities. Campus is a vary diverse and well maintained location compared to some other schools. This campus has various ways to push out events on campus every week and sometimes everyday although they can range from small event during U-Hour to a big event on the weekend. This campus is not much of a "party" school rather than to being humble and everyone does what they want to do on their own or with friends. Campus food is amazing because it does not only have basic food but it also carries "big brands" of different types of food and drinks.
I love CSUSM. It is a fairly small and quiet campus, which I love. I don't like the big, busy atmosphere. The professors are great and super helpful. There are lots of clubs and organizations available to join. There are also sororities and fraternities present on campus.
Start Your Review of California State University - San Marcos
My experience is excellent because California State San Marcos provides its students with top notch education. It has a small student body, which allows for that one on one interaction with the faculty.
I have really enjoyed my time at San Marcos so far. I am a transfer student and did four years at a local community college in my city. I transferred to Cal State San Marcos to further my Child Development degree and have begun working on my Bachelor's there. Everyone who I have encountered at the school has been very nice and helpful. It is a beautiful and clean school and we pride ourselves on working towards zero waste. There are also so many fun and creative activities for students which I enjoy partaking in.
Cal State San Marcos has an amazing business program. Students are put through courses that they could apply in the real business world. At the end, all business students have to participate in senior experience, which, is a class that assigns a group of 5 to a real business and help them solve a problem. The professors make sure students are on the right path and even provide resources they can use beyond graduation. The atmosphere is great along with the learning environment.