California State University - San Bernardino Reviews

2,362 reviews
I like this college because it is close to home and i have a lot of friends there. People at the school are very nice and it is a safe school.
My experience here went well. Professors are helpful when you seek advice or help from them. There are a lot of resources here for students to help get you through your course!
CSUSB is a large campus with a beautiful mountain view. The faculty was friendly from my psychology department and the student body is very diverse. If you are searching for an experience in the Southern California area, you can find it in my university.
Start Your Review of California State University - San Bernardino
I am a transfer student, and thus far I am enjoying my experience. There are a lot of resources the university provides. The professors want you to succeed and are helpful. They have internship opportunities and advisors wanting you to graduate in time.
Very welcoming environment. Every professor I have taken shows a genuine interest in their students.
The college of business at CSUSB is phenominal. Many of my professors have actual work experience, owned their own business, or are retired and work as a professor to give back to the community.
I love the diversity at California State San Bernardino because I have been able to communicate with people from different backgrounds and cultures. It has helped me see from new perspectives and be more open minded. For the most part, the professors are friendly and engaging. Quite a few teachers stood out to me because they truly strived to help the students succeed. The campus is also visually stunning. I enjoy walking from class to class because I have a great view of the mountain side and all of the trees. If you drive out of the campus area however, it is a relatively poor community and there is not much of a night life. On the plus side, the student life is great. There are many clubs, organizations, and events that make the college experience fun. If I could go back in time, I would have started getting involved sooner. The only thing I would like to see change is the parking lot because it is hard to find parking. The school should add a new parking structure.
I enjoyed the flexibility and convenient schedules that students were able to take advantage of. It was easy for me to balance worklife and maintaining good grades because they are willing to work with students to ensure the best possible outcomes. I would change how the class picking system operates however; oftentimes a class is filled up quickly because other students simply have higher priority.
Great campus. Staff is friendly and it is not hard to walk across campus to each class. It is easy to make new friends. Many different spots to do homework, or casually hang out. The campus is always clean and I feel safe when I am walking around.
I first transferred to CSUSB on the fall of 2014 as a Junior. I have been to one other private university prior to CSUSB, and I have to point out that CSUSB made my life as an international student so much easier. People who handle international student affairs are so well versed with all the regulations that apply to F-1 students- and I think that is one of the most important things for an F-1 student especially when they are navigating through the opportunities and University rules during the first couple months of college. I am so grateful for all the wonderful opportunities and the great staff and educators that I had in my support system. I love this University and it really deserves a recognition for the great resources and people it has!
The alumni from there are very friendly in assisting tours and giving information on the college. I like the friendly and helpful atmosphere there the most.
I have only been at CSUSB for a year, but so far my experience has been good. The professor that I have encountered so far have been helpful. I am not sure at the moment what could be changed at the school because they are usually changing and updating.
The campus is a bit small but that's fine for me. It is a nice campus that I enjoy going to. The school feels mostly safe aside from a few instances of crime but the police there are always on top of everything and are always there to help the students which helps reassure me when attending classes. There are a lot of communities within the school so there always seems to be a place to be whatever you choose to do. Most of the professors are nice and understanding aside from a few who are harsh and aren't as understanding. Lots of professors know how to challenge your mind while giving you the opportunity to learn, but not failing if you can't learn it right away. The campus is missing some classes I very much wished I could find here, but sadly there are none here.
Cal State San Bernardino has been great, I have been able to help out in the community. I have also been able to join Sigma Phi Epsilon and the BSU (Black Student Union) which have helped get involved with not only the campus but with the community as well. This campus has given me the ability to open my mind and become more involved.
Cal State San Bernardino feels like high school to me. I commute and so do most of the students here. Im also not that involved in much, because clubs and organizations don't really sit out and promote. This school doesn't have school spirit and seems pretty dead. Besides that the students here are very friendly and welcoming. The professors really care about your contribution to the class and how you're doing, which is great because they are wiling to put in extra time for them to really understand the subject. Safety here is also really great, but I mean sometimes it can be pretty spooky at night, but theres always security around to escort you, if needed. The weather here is also pretty great, except in the fall, because its super windy! Its a good school to attend if you live in the area, or plan on saving money, but if you have the choice of attending another university, I'd recommend that, so that you can get the whole college experience .
This college is in a really dangerous city but the professors and staff are extremely cautious and make sure they provide as much safety as possible.
Cal State San Bernardino definitely has a great diversity of people as well as a nice campus. Where they lack is the on campus activities available to students to get them to be engaged with school. It's a commuter school. Not a whole lot with the party scene or its surrounding area for outside activities. Where they make up for it is in their academics. They are one of the best schools for their professors and academics. There are many resources to help you succeed after you graduate. Overall a good experience.
Start Your Review of California State University - San Bernardino
This was my first choice and I’m so happy it was. I love it here. The environment is so relaxing. I love just sitting around campus. I love being on campus more than being at home.
California State University of San Bernardino has so many resources, clubs, and organizations. There are many opportunities you have access too such as job fairs and tutoring. All the buildings are closely compacted so you do not have to worry about being late, everything is basically within walking distance. There are so many events such as dances, concerts, mic nights, and art nights. You are able to welcome and express your own artistic individualism with no judgement.
The faculty and students here are so friendly! This school is also pretty racially diverse, which is great! Student life is lacking a little since it is a commuter school, but if you find a few clubs and maybe a frat/sorority to join you should be fine. Financial aid office can be a little unhelpful at times so make sure you stay on top of your stuff! Overall I've had a fairly good experience so far, the school isn't without its flaws but it has good things to offer. However, if you want a 'traditional' residential campus experience with an active social life and lots of activities happening all the time, I would look elsewhere.