California State University - Sacramento Reviews

3,236 reviews
I really love the environemnt on campus. There are always groups and clubs tabling so it is easy to become involved.
CSUS is a great university, and campus is wonderful. The location is great, and it is near to San Francisco and lake Tahoe.
I really like the environment. It is truly what you make of it. If you want to go and study, you can go and study. If you want to hang out with friends, you can also do that. There are several places to hang out or study. There is also daily entertainment. The down side is the fact that there are so many impacted majors and it is sometimes hard to get the classes you need. You may have to take some classes you don't need just to stay enrolled. I do appreciate how the school works on any issues that the students voice their opinion about. They really care about their students and making sure the environment is safe, comfortable and friendly for everyone.
Start Your Review of California State University - Sacramento
I'm a 3rd year at Sac State. I love this school. I've built a community here of people that I love and have had amazing experiences because of choosing to go to Sac State. I've had great job offers and so much support from staff.
It has so many resources that others don't know of. You just have to ask around! Don't be shy! When I first came here my freshman year, I took every opportunity to meet new people around me.
The campus is beautiful, the professors are great. Parking is a major issue and class offerings and times can be non-existent or conflicting for your needs. Definitely catered towards younger students who depend on their parents and 9-5ers. Love the Starbucks and choices in dining.
I attended a summer progam at this institution, something that gave the opportunity to stay in the dorms for a period of two weeks. Furthermore, the campus is very large and pleasant at the same time with a great variety of people.
A very diverse campus with many opportunities and events to suit the variety of students that attend. It is close to many of the capital's attractions and available to visit all year round using the bus system, trains or personal/hired vehicles. The many professors are very accommodating and knowledgeable in their fields and try to support their students to the best of their abilities.
California State University- Sacramento was a good school and offered many majors. Most the teachers I had at this school were invested in the students and willing to help when needed. The school is also really good at keeping students updated on career fairs and events that help students network.
The CSU campuses, which are relatively younger, are more numerous, which spreads the common budget. Their mission is not research but rather teaching. This affects reputation, as well as academics, in ways, most would not think.
It’s a beautiful campus and there’s many opportunities for various activities one may be interested in. You’ll get to meet a lot of different people here.
Considering it used to be considered a commute school, it truly has become something bigger than that. Plenty of props to the current President, he’s one of the reasons the university has become so good. It’s a shame that not more majors are available, it would attract even more people.
I am heavily looking for a school that has these three important factors: expense, diversity, and kinesiology program. California State University - Sacramento felt like a second home when I took the tour, my mind was blown as it had all the factors that I sought out for. This school not only had my three important factors but it also had the sports wrestling, which is a sport that I grew up as a kid. I have wrestled for 5 years and I would love to join the wrestling team in Sacramento. I felt welcomed and comfortable of being there. In my opinion, I wouldn't change a thing at California State University - Sacramento.
Sac state encourages diversity and really tries to build a community. There are so many events and activities available to meet new people and try new things.
the school is big and beautiful. i feel safe here. the parking is getting better, but i feel like we still need more.
So this is my first year here. I did transfer from a jr. college but everything so far has been great. I love the campus it’s so nice and there’s nature everywhere.
It's good. Sac State is somewhere were I'd tell someone to go if they wanted to get away and see the trees
Start Your Review of California State University - Sacramento
Online classes are a breeze and are convenient. Two professors didn’t put in much effort at all an I didn’t learn anything in those classes. Most courses are just busywork and not too much studying yet and I’m in my junior year. It’s difficult finding parking for the first three weeks of the semester and then for finals and midterms, and I honestly think the parking permits should be cheaper than they are now. Very friendly environment and very diverse.
I have just began my jounior year as a transfer student at Sac State and I have to say that my experience so far has been acceptional. They are very pro student forward school who have all the resources available to anyone who is willing to put in the time to take advantage of them. They not only have made a lot of improvements but are still continuing to make improvements to the campus. So if the halls could use a little modernization but overall the campus is great!
I am a third year at Sac State. I have enjoyed every aspect of it the campus, resources, the courses offered and the professors. Some things I would like to see change on would be the more finanical assistance opportunites for students suffering from financial stablility.