High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.209 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.210 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.210 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management872 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies429 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies276 Graduates
Early Childhood Education271 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities215 Graduates
Family Studies and Consumer Sciences198 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 150 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.266 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.312 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.161 responses
California State University - Sacramento Reviews
I've been at Sacramento State since Fall 2016 and I really like it here. The campus is real beautiful; coming from LA, I've never seen so many trees in one spot. The professors I've had have been great and I've taken away valuable information from their classes and applied that information to my everyday life. One thing I do wish was different would be the amount of students that are accepted. With so many students here, it's very difficult to get into the classes necessary to graduate. There are a lot of impacted majors, but that is because the programs Sac State offers have to be some of the best in the country; so, it's understandable. Other than that, Sac State is a very great school. Everyone here, including the staff, is very friendly and willing to help others out when they're lost or have any questions about anything. I'm glad to be a hornet!
Sacramento is a big college with plenty to offer students. There are plenty of majors and courses available to suit any prospective students interests. The campus is sprawling and has plenty of lovely trees and wildlife (there are even turkeys on campus). In addition, the students and faculty are very diverse and welcoming, all students are greeted with open arms. The large number of students can make the experience feel impersonal at times, but if you're interested in being active in campus and student life, Sacramento eventually feels like a big family!
Overall, I would say it's a decent school. Not the worst, but there's definitely better schools out there. First, the school seems a little outdated. For example, many of the academic buildings have not been remodeled since the 60's, giving the school an old and outdated appearance. Also, some courses don't have enough professors teaching the subject. One course that may be required for graduation, only has one professor teaching it. This leads to students not being able to get the classes that they need for a timely graduation date. The school needs to invest in more professors!