California State University - Northridge Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Students also applied to ...
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.293 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.299 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.300 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management604 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies477 Graduates
Radio, Television, and Digital Communication448 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities343 Graduates
Early Childhood Education296 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 192 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.351 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.440 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 207 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.208 responses
Colleges like California State University - Northridge
- B-California State University - Los Angeles
- 4 Year
- Los Angeles, CA
- 2,661 reviews
- C+California State University - Dominguez Hills
- 4 Year
- Carson, CA
- 1,570 reviews
- B-California State University - Channel Islands
- 4 Year
- Camarillo, CA
- 892 reviews
- B+California State University - Fullerton
- 4 Year
- Fullerton, CA
- 4,407 reviews
California State University - Northridge Reviews
My overall experience with California State University Northridge has been outstanding. This school has everything you need and is covered in your tuition. Before college I was looking for a diverse and aesthetically pleasing campus, and this gave me all of this and more. Northridge has one the best art school in the country. They offer several free tutoring, therapist, doctors, and more. The professors have great credentials and want the best for your learning experience, one just needs to look at their background prior to the class. They do not have the best sport team but this an easy fix to their overall performance. They have a high-tech gym that offer numerous classes, equipment, and facilities. The party scene is great. It is not too much or less but the right amount. Overall everything is quite great!
For a state school, I feel as though Northridge is definitely one of the best- if not the best. The academics are fantastic and the staff tries to work with the students in order to meet all of our needs. This school offers so many wonderful programs, and the professors are phenomenal. If you are a Journalism major or interested in the arts, CSUN offers the best program! I also hear that the business programs are super great as well! Academics aside, CSUN is a great socializing school. The parties are always fun and there is literally always something to do in the area. On top of that, CSUN is such a diverse school. You'll meet so many people from all over the world which is another huge part of why I chose to go here. Overall, I'd say choosing to go to CSU Northridge will definitely be worth it. This school has taught me so much in just three years and I am so thankful. I can't wait to say I got my bachelor's degree here!
Very inclusive, there's something for everyone. There is always events happening around campus so there are no boring days at CSUN. There's always new additions being added to the school that help it become a safer, cleaner, and more efficient campus, such as CSUN becoming a smoke-free school. The professors at CSUN are your best friends when it comes to your academics, their door is always open to their students wether it be for help on a topic discussed in class or if you have something on your mind and want to talk to someone about it. CSUN has a very friendly and welcoming environment!