California State University - Northridge Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Students also applied to ...
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.293 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.297 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.298 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management616 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities485 Graduates
Radio, Television, and Digital Communication414 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies396 Graduates
Early Childhood Education281 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 190 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.349 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.438 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 205 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.208 responses
Colleges like California State University - Northridge
- B-California State University - Los Angeles
- 4 Year
- Los Angeles, CA
- 2,643 reviews
- C+California State University - Dominguez Hills
- 4 Year
- Carson, CA
- 1,564 reviews
- B-California State University - Channel Islands
- 4 Year
- Camarillo, CA
- 887 reviews
- B+California State University - Fullerton
- 4 Year
- Fullerton, CA
- 4,373 reviews
California State University - Northridge Reviews
My overall experience with California State University Northridge has been outstanding. This school has everything you need and is covered in your tuition. Before college I was looking for a diverse and aesthetically pleasing campus, and this gave me all of this and more. Northridge has one the best art school in the country. They offer several free tutoring, therapist, doctors, and more. The professors have great credentials and want the best for your learning experience, one just needs to look at their background prior to the class. They do not have the best sport team but this an easy fix to their overall performance. They have a high-tech gym that offer numerous classes, equipment, and facilities. The party scene is great. It is not too much or less but the right amount. Overall everything is quite great!
Very inclusive, there's something for everyone. There is always events happening around campus so there are no boring days at CSUN. There's always new additions being added to the school that help it become a safer, cleaner, and more efficient campus, such as CSUN becoming a smoke-free school. The professors at CSUN are your best friends when it comes to your academics, their door is always open to their students wether it be for help on a topic discussed in class or if you have something on your mind and want to talk to someone about it. CSUN has a very friendly and welcoming environment!
Attending Cal State Northridge has been an amazing experience. Coming from a low income high school and family, I had no prior knowledge on anything related to college. I entered college confused and scared. I did not know what career I wanted to pursue or how to pay for school. The faculty is incredible! They provided resources and guidance, which was very beneficial. I could not ask for a better college experience. I am now a Senior at CSUN, graduating Spring 2018 with a 3.5 GPA. I will definitely walk out of college feeling accomplished and prepared for the outside world.