California State University - Monterey Bay Reviews

1,464 reviews
Csumb is a great place to be there. There are beautiful beaches & attractions all around. The classes are fun, small, & interactive. The people are very nice. The food is a bit repetitive & can get old easily but the workers make it easier to keep coming back. Monterey is the place to be!
I liked being around a campus that was within driving distance from my house, which meant that I didn't have to stay in a dorm
I am a Freshman at CSUMB and feel that my experience thus far has been a great one!

I was able to get into all the classes that I needed and also class sizes are not over populated with students.
Start Your Review of California State University - Monterey Bay
It is a very lovely and quaint school. I really enjoy the size and scope of the campus. It is not too large but not too small. The campus is still growing and will encompass more students in the future. The professor to student ratio is a perfect size.
i love it here it is such a fun place to be all the people are soo nice and inviting. the weather is beautiful all the time i love the palm trees and the aboundance of things to do
I enjoyed the acceptance of diversity and the welcoming environment that CSUMB provided. However, because they are a newer university, I believe they still need improvements in organization in a few of their departments. Some faculty is better than others, and students are nice.
I'm treated much better than I was at my community college. The campus is beautiful and so close to the ocean. Student services really go above and beyond to take care of us, especially during finals!
I love this school! The campus and local area is beautiful not to mention the history behind the campus! I kind of wish they offered more sports though.
A great experience there I had a fun time that I would like to go back and see the professors and say hi
The student to teacher ratio is amazing! My classes are no larger than 30 students and the professors truly care about your grades. Everything is spread out throughout the campus so there is a lot of walking.
The school is trying to be on the cutting edge but still has a lot of growth to make. It is a supportive environment in general and for dreamers. The professors care.
CSUMB promotes building community on campus and creating an inclusive environment for students. I felt part of the community and the small population helps me engage fully on campus.
The classrooms, buildings, amenities, and activities are all pretty great. The campus is very divers in regards to student and staff population. The location is also in a beautiful setting, nestled in front of a beach.
The campus is basically a big high school, which is great because professors are able to get to know the students. The environment of the campus and the surrounding areas are amazing, with little to no pollution.
I am currently a first-year student at CSUMB. I love the campus, it is large and has many nice buildings. Each dorm has it's own bathroom and shower which is very convenient. The professors here genuinely care about their students' well-being and whether or not they pass their classes. There are many excellent educational resources, as well as extra-curricular opportunities and activities. It is located one mile from the beach and a few miles from town.
I am transferring there in the Spring, and so far the process has been easy! I was a bit worried because I was doing the process of applying on my own, but their website had step-by-step instructions which which were very helpful. The school has also kept me updated by sending me important deadlines and information via email. I have visited the campus a few times. Although, the location is beautiful and has history the actual campus is a bit dual. There are a few new buildings and parking lots, but I think the school needs improvement.
Coming from somewhere that is hot, so coming here is extremely different because it's always cold. Also you need a car because the campus is pretty secluded, yes students get free bus rides but the buses take long so I recommend a car. The professors are great, if show effort they are willing to help you. They seem like they genuinely love being professors here.
Start Your Review of California State University - Monterey Bay
So far my experience at CSUMB is one of adjustments. I am a freshman who just started school here so I am still getting used to my surroundings. I enjoy the diversity of people they have here and the many clubs you can join to get involved. I do wish they would improve on their Greek life and live in houses to create a more sistershood or brotherhood feel.
I love how close it is to home, I get to drive there everyday and save money on housing and food. The professors in this campus are very accesible and easy to talk too, they will help you out if you ask for it. I love the weather from the area, and I'm also very grateful for the many help and guidance programs they offer.
If you are into the beach or have a strong sense of adventure, I recommend this university to you. You have this wilderness jungle-like feel when you walk outdoors of California State University Monterey Bay.