California State University - Monterey Bay Reviews

1,612 reviews
Very safe, close to the beach. The school does lack the whole party scene, but does make up for it the resource you find on campus with academic help.
Online classes have been good so far. Office hour are still available and classes are easy to get used to.
I am a junior at CSUMB and I have loved my experience thus far. The people are nice and the teachers care about your success.
Start Your Review of California State University - Monterey Bay
The teachers are trying but it is not the best. If you need more time to finish your assignments, most teachers will work with you.
I love it. I have never felt so proud to be a student until I entered CSUMB. The professors are so kind and very understanding. The buildings are quite amazing and there are plenty of water bottle filling stations.
It is a bit challenging now with the pandemic and all, but that has not stopped the professors at CSUMB from trying their hardest to teach its students. I do not find it difficult at all to be learning like this, but I do miss being in a classroom.
They seem very motivated to help otters and promote themselves to help wildlife! Since I'm very interested in environmental stuff, they would be a great college for you!
The website seems very nice and comforting, the school looks nice! and the professors seem really nice. :)
A small college with small classroom sizes. In respects to graduate school or transferring, no classes seem to transfer so you will need to retake a lot of classes.
Online classes are great. Classes are well organized and easy to follow. Grades are post quickly as professors do not need to grade tests themselves, the computer does it for them. Power points are saved to your computer and professors do voiceovers so they are easy to follow.
I enjoy how hard they are working to keep everyone included and bringing people together during this pandemic. I just wish all my professors were using the same schooling websites, as im using Ilearn, and Canvas rather than just one.
They are keeping everyone up to date on everything that is occurring very well, and try to find ways to bring students together.
So far it is going well for me and the department of study I am majoring in. I think the professors are doing well at transitioning and getting use to a whole new system and they are very patient with the students who are also getting use to online learning.
I am barely a week into my first semester here after transferring from a community college and so far it is going very well. I think the university as a whole is doing a great job at transitioning from in-class to online while in this pandemic. So far, this is going well and the school itself is still holding events via online to make us feel like we are not in the middle of a pandemic and I believe this is awesome and thoughtful.
The online MBA is okay. I was mostly disappointed with my experience in the school. The teachers that work IN Monterey Bay were great, but those outside of the actual school were just okay.
I went to a different state school For my undergrad degree so I thought I would enjoy my experience similarly but class after class found myself mostly disappointed in the quality of education and level of critical thinking expected of me by my teachers.

However, the level of “prestige” is very high when I tell people I went to a Cal State school, despite my own personal thoughts about my education there.
I live so close to CSUMB and all the staff working very hard and they are helping me a lot and very kind people
Start Your Review of California State University - Monterey Bay
I haven't tried online learning yet. but I have been told they understand and care about us to success and help each person with whatever they need to have done their Education degree
My online experience at CSUMB was not so great mainly because instructors were not able to adapt to the situations of the online experienced which left us students struggling even more trying to not only go through this academic but as well as adapting to the online classes which was difficult.
My experience at CSUMB is very good the environment is very calm and refreshing having the nice refreshing breeze coming from the beach. The beach being accessible in just minutes away. When it comes to academic wise this school is a great option having great facilities and good access having a great library for studying as well as support programs to help you succeed. One thing I would suggest to CSUMB to have is better programs for masters or a veterinary school and even a medical school. I think by having those programs there would benefit it because of the location.