California State University - Monterey Bay Reviews

1,484 reviews
I was attracted to California State University - Monterey Bay because of the vibe the campus presents. It is not necessary to be a student in order to feel the friendly and loving atmosphere CSUMB has to offer. Walking around campus, it is guaranteed to run into someone you may know. It is a wide spread campus, however, the interaction with other people are very close. It is a great campus to be a part of when you may be feeling a little homesick. Although, I would like CSUMB to upgrade facilities since most buildings are history from Fort Ord.
I received my bachelors degree from CSUMB in four years. It was a very beneficial school for getting my degree, there are a few things about the courses transferring else where that should be fixed. But it is an amazing school with amazing advisors and teachers.
I went to California State University Monterey Bay in fall of 2011. I went to this University so I can experience a whole new life for myself. When I got to campus, I realized that I was going to have to adapt really quickly. AT the school, there are so many people that are friendly and helpful. I have never saw that before. Where I was coming from, there were limited resources in order to aid you. This University offered everything and included a smile with it. I truly enjoyed my time at this school and would suggest as many people as possible to go there as well. I graduated from this University in spring of 2015. This school gave me all the tools necessary to succeed after graduation. It has also led me to get into graduation school at San Jose State University.
Start Your Review of California State University - Monterey Bay
The campus is located on a former military base, which being a military veteran I enjoy. However, I am also a community college transfer student, and while I transferred over here, the majority of previous college education did not. I have found myself having to retake all courses related to my major again.
I have had a good experience so far. Csumb is very big on diversity which is nice. Everyone is welcome.
I liked the diversity seen at CSUMB. Resources and counseling was very helpful. A calmer feel. Teachers were straight forward and knew what they wanted you to learn and teaching methods were great.
Great school with wondeful teachers and students, really laid back vibe in a great area. Advising and housing could be improved but every school has its pronlems.
Great campus that offers a large range of opportunities since it’s a smaller school. I enjoyed the campus because I like cool weather and the ocean that is close by. They also have multiple dining areas so there is always somewhere to eat
The CSUMB campus is possibly one of the great campuses I've ever seen! I can't wait to attend in the fall of 2018!
I have been attending CSUMB since Fall 2014 where I entered as a first-time freshman. CSUMB has offered me many opportunities and I have loved my time here, especially with how small it is. It isn't out of this world but it does vibe with me.
Very flexible to student with families. The tome of classes in the credential program allow me to also make a living and gain the classroom experience I will need when i am fully credentialed
CSUMB, is atmosphere of both developing and growing to staying natural and environmentally friendly. CSUMB is starting to grow based on new academic building and student center. It is maintaining its beauty by leaving trees and plants along the university. Making students enter a natural environment to an up to date technology buildings and resources. Making students to get a new vision on the CSUMB campus and how they live in resident halls and how they interact with one another. CSUMB will then be more pedestrian friendly by 2020 by moving parking lots to the edge of campus creating a more physically active campus.
My experience has been excellent so far at CSUMB. I am really content with how diverse this campus is. Also it is located right by the beach.
My first year college experience has been great here at Monterey Bay. The area I love, it is so beautiful, the weather is wonderful; not too hot nor too cold perfect beach weather. The campus is walking distance from the beach! There is a lot of student involvement here on campus and everyone is so nice. I love it here at CSU Monterey Bay.
I transferred into CSUMB after graduating from Cabrillo College and I absolutely love it here. It is so different from a community college in all the best ways possible but it is still a small school so you become very well acquainted with teachers and fellow students. This school feels like home.
I really enjoy CSUMB. The campus is a bit smaller than most CSUs and does feel as if you get to know more of your fellow colleagues and professors. It gives off a community feel rather than a large frightening campus. My fellow colleagues are friendly and more then happy to help whenever you're in need. The campus is really beautiful and definitely worth visiting and attending.
The professors and staff were all very friendly, accessible, and knowledgeable in their fields. The campus is big in terms of land, but classroom sizes are small enough to receive individualized help and attention. Classroom organization can use some change, as there does not seem to be a logical organization of where classes are.
Start Your Review of California State University - Monterey Bay
I am a transfered student coming from a community college. The staff was very helpful getting my application and any other documents I needed for a smooth transition. The library is very big, perfect to go for a quite study session. The campus is very neat. Everyone you come across is very kind, including staff and students.
It almost feels like I’m at home. I love this campus and the environment. The staff here is amazing and the professors are willing to help you.
The thing I like about CSUMB, is how each department has its own building in which people are allowed to thrive in their educational development. However, this is also poses a major issue. People of one specific major hardly interact with people studying something else. For example, as a Computer Science major, I hardly ever see, or talk to, someone majoring in Art. I feel like this has both its pros and cons.