California State University - Monterey Bay is ...
NCAA Division II (without football)
California Collegiate Athletic Association
High School GPA
Students also applied to ...
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.88 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.83 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.82 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities207 Graduates
Business Administration and Management188 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies130 Graduates
Human Services75 Graduates
Social Sciences53 Graduates
Marine Science50 Graduates
Radio, Television, and Digital Communication50 Graduates
Computer and Information Sciences47 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 59 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.110 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.134 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 53 responsesReport
After California State University - Monterey Bay
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.57 responses
Colleges like California State University - Monterey Bay
- C+Sonoma State University
- 4 Year
- Rohnert Park, CA
- 1,251 reviews
- B-California State University - East Bay
- 4 Year
- Hayward, CA
- 1,611 reviews
- BCalifornia State University - Stanislaus
- 4 Year
- Turlock, CA
- 972 reviews
- B-California State University - Channel Islands
- 4 Year
- Camarillo, CA
- 856 reviews
California State University - Monterey Bay Reviews
Review California State University - Monterey Bay
In the 3 semesters that I have been at CSUMB, I have really enjoyed it! I have found that this campus is the perfect fit for me, I have found clubs that are in my interest, and I am very appreciative of the professors on campus. They really value understanding and participation and are devoted to helping you in their course. It can be frustrating trying to get in connection with Financial Aid and get things all in order for the semester, but other than that, the school is a great place, and it is just a walk from the beach.
Attending Monterey was a great decision! I love this school, I have learned many useful information. I love that the professors actually get to know you because class sizes are small. The only thing I would ch age about CSUMB is the parking situation, there are not enough parking spaces. Overall, it is a great school and am homered to soon be called an alumna from CSUMB.
If you like the outdoors, you'll want to be here. Since all the buildings on campus are compacted into a small space, you'll love to explore the rest of campus. It's especially exciting to walk into the forests and find the remnants of the old military buildings! Plus, the beach is literally a walk from the campus too! This school is quiet the culture shock for people who are used to the big city, so be aware of that, too.