California State University - Monterey Bay Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Students also applied to ...
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.88 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.87 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.86 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities240 Graduates
Business Administration and Management192 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies188 Graduates
Human Services80 Graduates
Social Sciences66 Graduates
Marine Science65 Graduates
Radio, Television, and Digital Communication55 Graduates
Computer and Information Sciences44 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 63 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.114 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.138 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 57 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.57 responses
Colleges like California State University - Monterey Bay
- C+Sonoma State University
- 4 Year
- Rohnert Park, CA
- 1,312 reviews
- B-California State University - East Bay
- 4 Year
- Hayward, CA
- 1,669 reviews
- BCalifornia State University - Stanislaus
- 4 Year
- Turlock, CA
- 1,010 reviews
- B-California State University - Channel Islands
- 4 Year
- Camarillo, CA
- 887 reviews
California State University - Monterey Bay Reviews
I am transferring there in the Spring, and so far the process has been easy! I was a bit worried because I was doing the process of applying on my own, but their website had step-by-step instructions which which were very helpful. The school has also kept me updated by sending me important deadlines and information via email. I have visited the campus a few times. Although, the location is beautiful and has history the actual campus is a bit dual. There are a few new buildings and parking lots, but I think the school needs improvement.
My first year college experience has been great here at Monterey Bay. The area I love, it is so beautiful, the weather is wonderful; not too hot nor too cold perfect beach weather. The campus is walking distance from the beach! There is a lot of student involvement here on campus and everyone is so nice. I love it here at CSU Monterey Bay.
CSUMB, is atmosphere of both developing and growing to staying natural and environmentally friendly. CSUMB is starting to grow based on new academic building and student center. It is maintaining its beauty by leaving trees and plants along the university. Making students enter a natural environment to an up to date technology buildings and resources. Making students to get a new vision on the CSUMB campus and how they live in resident halls and how they interact with one another. CSUMB will then be more pedestrian friendly by 2020 by moving parking lots to the edge of campus creating a more physically active campus.