California State University - Monterey Bay Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Students also applied to ...
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.88 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.86 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.85 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities240 Graduates
Business Administration and Management192 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies188 Graduates
Human Services80 Graduates
Social Sciences66 Graduates
Marine Science65 Graduates
Radio, Television, and Digital Communication55 Graduates
Computer and Information Sciences44 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 62 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.113 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.137 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 56 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.57 responses
Colleges like California State University - Monterey Bay
- C+Sonoma State University
- 4 Year
- Rohnert Park, CA
- 1,277 reviews
- B-California State University - East Bay
- 4 Year
- Hayward, CA
- 1,640 reviews
- BCalifornia State University - Stanislaus
- 4 Year
- Turlock, CA
- 990 reviews
- B-California State University - Channel Islands
- 4 Year
- Camarillo, CA
- 871 reviews
California State University - Monterey Bay Reviews
I am transferring there in the Spring, and so far the process has been easy! I was a bit worried because I was doing the process of applying on my own, but their website had step-by-step instructions which which were very helpful. The school has also kept me updated by sending me important deadlines and information via email. I have visited the campus a few times. Although, the location is beautiful and has history the actual campus is a bit dual. There are a few new buildings and parking lots, but I think the school needs improvement.
California State University Monterey Bay is turning into a very good business school. From day one, the school’s incoming freshman are taught how the world of business writes. From the beginning till you graduate, these standards are reinforce in every class. The school listens to the business community and tailor the academics to meet these demands. Upon graduation, the student enters the business way ahead of their peers from other universities. The school is ready to expand and building new buildings across the campus to meet these demands. The instructors are great, plus the setting of Monterey Bay makes learning at the university more enjoyable.
Csumb is a great place to be there. There are beautiful beaches & attractions all around. The classes are fun, small, & interactive. The people are very nice. The food is a bit repetitive & can get old easily but the workers make it easier to keep coming back. Monterey is the place to be!