California State University - Los Angeles Reviews

2,567 reviews
It's a great school, love the campus, feels very homey. They really make sure you're getting what you want out of the school. The professors are great and very available to your needs. Campus clubs are very open and fun.
I like the size. Campus is relrtivley small so it is easier to grt from class to class. Also, the clubs and resources are very helpful!
I am affiliated with CSULA because of my sister which currently attends there. I have had the chance to spend days with her during her passing periods and it is a very nice environment. It is very friendly and i liked it very much.
Start Your Review of California State University - Los Angeles
As a first time freshman in college Cal State LA has not been a bad choice. It's been a school in which has showed me what the real world is.
Currently attending, California State University-Los Angeles has a variety of programs and extracurricular activities to get involved in, including Greek life. Their Office of Students with Disabilities is very helpful, nice, and they make it easy to schedule exams, tests, and substitute assignments around hospital stays and doctor's visits.
California state university wasn’t what I expected. I ended up like the campus more than I thought I would . The college of engineering offered me a lot of help as a freshman engineering student
Overall really good school. That may just be because it's a change from high school, but a great school.
I just transferred and it’s great. Atmosphere is good, students are friendly and you see diversity. Profesor have also been great.
Cal state Los Angeles has been great too me. There are a lot of campus activities I can participate in. There are many helpful programs that have lent me a hand to stay on the right path so that i can graduate on time. The teachers I have so far are very dedicated to what they do and are also super helpful. I am able to meet up with my teacher during his/her office hours when ever I can to help me understand the course a bit better.
It is hard to find parking spots. Most of the time, I have to come to school early even though I have afternoon classes just to get the parking spots.
Cal State LA is a great school, but there are several things that I would like to add on or change about the school. For starters, the food; it gets tiring when people eat the same thing over and over again. I think it's really great when they have the monthly farmer's market, and they sometimes have food trucks come over. However, we still end up with the same food options they provide for us in the food court. Maybe it's time that they replace one of the fast-food joints with a new, and healthier one. Second, the Pit; sometimes, the students want to chill out and relax before their next class. So, some of them go down the basement located in the University Student Union, and head down to "The Pit", where they can unwind. Except, they usually can't do that, because it's too cramped and crowded in there. Plus, there really isn't that much to do there for entertainment. I suggest that the Pit would be expanded a little more, and provide more things to play than just pool and ping pong.
California State University Los Angeles has a wide variety of majors so no matter your interest you can find something you'd like to study here. There is also amazing diversity of students in every class and major. Also, as a transfer student they provide me with many resources to try to get acclimated to the campus environment. It is an older campus in a more residential area so there is not a lot to do around the school. But overall it is a great option for a college.
Overall great experience. There's plenty of places for you to study and they have a variety of food places and they host food markets every two weeks. My only downside to my experience is I did not receive any financial aid and was forced to accept loans.
I liked how diverse the campus was, and all the resources available for the students. They have a great library and student writing center where the tutors are very helpful and knowledgeable.
I like that California State University- Los Angeles provides a diverse environment which helps to familiarize students to environments that will be seen in the workplace. I wish that the professor and student relationships could be stronger and that the overall quality of education was better.
I am studying Music at CSULA. The positive I will say about CSULA is that I enjoy the people and the atmosphere of this campus. However, the financial aid office has very limited knowledge on how cal grants work and just overall FAFSA. The loan officers also are very unkind and rude. The campus sometimes deal with very limited parking, public transportation needs to do a better job in providing transportation that goes to CSULA. The music building needs better resources like computer labs with music programs, better practice rooms for musicians, and better theaters for performing.
It's one of those schools where you might find that you get what you put in. Campus is average, poor food options but yeah it's pretty much a commuter college.
Start Your Review of California State University - Los Angeles
I enjoyed the campus very much, I went on a trip to this campus and from the little I have seen I know that this campus could be an optuion for me.
This campus is great, but I would like to see a more robust Graduate Student Life scene. The food could be better (more vegan options please) and a transportation system in the local area might be helpful.
I am currently enrolled in their collaborative RN-BSN program. Their courses directly complement what I am learning at my ADN school so it really boosts my learning abilities. They had the best professors