California State University - Los Angeles Reviews

2,616 reviews
I enjoyed that the campus was centrally located. Professors were helpful and friendly. CSULA is a commuter school, so most students live near the campus. I liked first year dorms. I met a lot of new friends and classmates.
I have visited this college before and I am planning to attend in fall 2018 due to the fact that I have been accepted to attend this school. From when I took a visit my only complaint is that the school is because and I like smaller schools yet it is nothing I cant work with
As a current student of CSULA, I am taking full advantage of their resources. I feel very welcome no matter what club or job I am in on campus. The only components I have to complain on would be lack of parking and vegan food options. Other than that, the academic courses I have taken have challenged me and shown me what college is about. On another note, the clubs, organizations, and sports, keep this college alive. The home games are amazing, making me appreciate my campus and student body more. It is convenient as a commuter and not far from the Alhambra restaurants.
Start Your Review of California State University - Los Angeles
There were many things I like about Cal State LA but there was one specific area that caught my attention. The area on academics on choosing my major on Kinesiology. I was able to find my required classes on that major and how many units in total it would be to start my plan for college. Another thing I liked about that college is that its is close to home. I can save money and it will benefit me financially. I believe that there should not be any change in that college, it is best for me and for my future.
I like the teaching program of the California state university Los Angeles. I have been passed beside that school a few times. The high building looks greats, but it seems lack of green and natural plants. It accepted most of the people living around the Los Angeles. I understand each district university would prefer accept the students live in that district, but if we can have a bonding program to connect with other schools, that will be great!!!
This school is very affordable which makes getting a degree much easier. This school is very strong in some aspects of an education for some degrees but overall it's decent to get a degree here. It's very underrated and the issues that would usually be parking or lack of spots in a class which can be easily cleared up by time management.
My experience at CSULA has been amazing. I have had a wonderful college life. Beside enjoying all the bonuses of college like the dorm life, soritites, parting and all the fun, the education given at CSULA is like no other. CSULA offers many amazing majors, with amazing faculty. Most of the classes offered are not lecture halls which allow you to have more pf an one-on- one time with the professors. There are constant events featuring guest speakers, amazing research consultants by the library.
Entering CSULA was the biggest sacrifice I had to make. This college helped provide essential educational tools that helps me succeed in all of my courses. The campus itself is breathtaking, while encompassing many diverse students from all parts of the world.
Professors seem to be generally okay. Like any other college, there's a highly charged leftist political atmosphere which can be good or bad depending on who you ask. As for education, not bad. It's one of the cheapest colleges and it's good enough for trade-based professions, although some of the departments seem to be disorganized.
I love CSULA. Some the classes were hard but the professors were helpful and wonderful. I thing I would change would be adding more classes.
Overall my experience as a freshman in Cal state La has been great very diverse campus. Made me feel very welcoming to campus, love the events that go on throughout the campus. I would probably only change the food options they have here in Cal state La to healthier food options. Overall it has been great I like how the campus is a good size to walk around it's do able.
In the half a year that I have been attending Cal State LA for I have felt very safe and very satisfied with the overall quality of the school. The school is very warm and welcoming to the students who attend there as well as parents, alumni, schools, etc. and they do their best to meet everyone's needs. I enjoy the experience and cannot wait to graduate from my intended major.
I rate this school an average school because although it is a beautiful campus in my opinion, it does not feel like a school with many majors like other schools. It does not have much options but great campus. Not so great community.
I really like the school environment and how the campus is not too small or too big. There is a lot of things to do there during your free time. Also the newly renovated library is a nice place for everyone to go study and feel more comfortable. The food court could improve a little more or add more options for the students and staff to decide on.
What I love about my experience while I first transfer and started my first day here at Cal State Los Angeles was that many students that have already been here for couple of semester help me get around campus to my classes when I was lost. I love that they have so many resources here for example they have financial aid office, counseling advisors, clubs, organization clubs, sports, and health center. My first day many of my Professors as well as school faculty made me feel at home. Overall I love this school. I made the right choice to attend this school.
Difficult to find classes you need especially junior and senior year. Some professors work hard and care for their students but there are those who don't care as well.
So far, I like where I go. I chose this school based on convenience and accessibility, but my circumstances changed and now it isn't that convenient anymore. The bus pass they have available for the bus I need is more expensive than the others they offer. That would be a change I would like to see.
Start Your Review of California State University - Los Angeles
I enjoy the very interesting classes, the big campus and the clubs offered by the university. Something I would like to see change would be the class sizes. I would hope they get smaller.
It looks like a good school. The area that it is in is safe. It is also a nice area. There are good food places inside the campus. They offer a variety of choices.
School is hard in CSULA and the campus size is very small compared to other CSU's. Less diverse and also less communication between students.