Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB-
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeB-
Cal State Los Angeles is a public university located in Los Angeles, California. It is a large institution with an enrollment of 20,748 undergraduate students. Admissions is fairly competitive as the Cal State Los Angeles acceptance rate is 42%. Popular majors include Business, Sociology, and Psychology. Graduating 48% of students, Cal State Los Angeles alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $33,700.
NCAA Division II (without football)
California Collegiate Athletic Association
California State University - Los Angeles Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Cal State Los Angeles Admissions
Considered but not required
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Students also applied to ...
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Average Total Aid Awarded
Students Receiving Financial Aid
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.172 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.209 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.210 responses
Most Popular Majors
Early Childhood Education238 Graduates
Public Health204 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services184 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies174 Graduates
Radio and Television174 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.247 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.309 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.127 responses
Colleges like California State University - Los Angeles
- B-California State University - Dominguez Hills
- 4 Year
- Carson, CA
- 1,751 reviews
- BCalifornia State University - Northridge
- 4 Year
- Northridge, CA
- 4,616 reviews
- B+California State University - Fullerton
- 4 Year
- Fullerton, CA
- 4,819 reviews
- A-California State University - Long Beach
- 4 Year
- Long Beach, CA
- 4,448 reviews
California State University - Los Angeles Reviews
I really love Cal State LA so far as a freshman! They really care about the incoming students and they make a real effort to connect and make things real easy and understandable but hopefully, one thing they can work on is probably giving more details about specific classes that you have to take, but other than that its pretty awesome.
I am a sophomore in Cal State La! I'm majoring in nursing. What I like about cal state la is that there is always opportunities for anyone and everyone. The nursing program is very competitive as everyone may assume, but the nursing program is worth it. The campus feels very homey and comfortable, I feel very safe and as I belong! In Cal State La you will see and meet different people all different in their own way and that's what I like the diversity it has.
Overall, it’s a great school! Near the San Gabriel Valley, it’s perfect for people residing in LA or in cities of the San Gabriel Valley. The professors are extraordinary and the environment is lively i fell.