California State University - Long Beach Reviews

4,086 reviews
CSULB is the most diverse college out there. I believe it was ranked #3 in the nation. The imstitution is continually improving and growing and providing its students the most advanced technology and equipment for learning. The faculty, staff, and students create a welcoming, fun, and interactive learning experience both inside and outside of the classroom. Tuition is affordable and the campus is surrounded by many different recreational activities, such as the beach, shopping malls, and parks. Safety at CSULB is top notch. I especially appreciate the timely notice warnings. If there is anything remotely suspicious on or around campus, you get an email with every known detail about that occurrence and are advised to be aware. I am proud to be an alumni from CSULB. The only thing I would change is increasing parking availability.
I would like to see more school activities during the day. Some people commute so it’s hard to go back and use that much gas.
I am a transfer student to CSULB. First I was a Child Development and Family Studies major. This program is geared towards people who want to be preschool teachers. Being someone who has a goal to become a social worker this program wasn’t the right fit. In my first year at CSULB the teachers taught me little new information. Once I changed my major to Family Life Education, which is geared more towards families as a whole, I became happier. The campus is gorgeous. There are countless clubs to join. I have been a part of three; Queers and Allies, Kappa Omicron Nu, and CSULB Club Cheer. While at CSULB I studied abroad in England. There are countless different study abroad programs here. There is a need for more parking. They have tried to reduce this problem by offering off campus parking for a cheaper cost with free shuttles to campus. CSULB is a large campus, but don't be intimidated by this. Once you find your niche at CSULB it will be like your home away from home.
Start Your Review of California State University - Long Beach
My experience at CSULB is awesome. This is my fist semester since i just transfer and it's been good. All my professor are very caring and welcoming. CSULB has good food options.
I love that this school is inclusive of everyone. We have many disability programs and are very LGBTQ+ friendly; anyone is welcome here. I also love my major because the teachers are helpful and personable, and that the students actually care about the work they are doing. This is a great school with dedicated students and teachers and I don't know anyone who has given it a bad review!
CSULB is a great school and offers a wide range of academic majors to pursue. I do wish there was better counseling and guidance, to make sure you are on track to graduate in 4 years.
Csulb is awesome! Now that I have transferred over, I am able to focus on my major and I love it! The design department has everything I need to strive!
I love the diversity along with the happy atmosphere on campus. The campus has many great courses to offer along with extracurricular activities.
What I really love about Cal state long beach is the atmosphere and the location. Everyone is really friendly and there are good amount of events going on that the students can enjoy. The city of long beach is very nice and the school is near major streets as well as the freeway so it is easy to go too. The parking lot is too far so students have to walk very far, which is not that great when you are running late or unmotivated to go to class. Although that is not something that can be changed. There are a couple of ongoing shuttles to help this problem.
Long Beach state has so much to offer for the cheap price of tuition. It’s absolutely affordable for most people, as my friends worked through college to pay for their tuition. There are great people on campus who are ready to help you reach your goals in the most convenient way possible. The school has given so much to me that I feel obligated to give back and serve for the campus in some way, even if it’s writing a nice review about the school. Beautiful location and in a safe area.
I loved that California State University Long Beach offered a variety of learning opportunities with eclectic majors. It allowed students to choose to specialize in a particular area of study, while also receiving an all-encompassing general education. The professors and current students are warm and welcoming, which encouraged new students to feel comfortable and embraced into a new environment. Long Beach State University has an abundance of thriving athletic programs ranging from water polo to baseball, as well as many other sports. The games offer students an opportunity to socialize with fellow students, support the athletic programs, and embrace Long Beach school spirit. Overall, I would love the educational experience at Long Beach State and will utilize the knowledge gained from my degree to pursue my dream career!
Amazing campus with friendly people. Everyone is welcoming and there are so many activities to do. Professors are very good and help all.
I must admit that california state university of Long Beach wasn’t my first choice when choosing schools, I didn’t know much about this school, but everything change when I attended summer sections and soar, my view on the university of Long Beach completely change. I fell in love with the campus, I couldn’t believe how nice the people were and the great environment in the classes. Now I could say that I can’t wait to spend the next four years of my life in this school, I love the great community it has build and the great resources that it offers, I can’t wait to meet new people.
California State University Long Beach is a great school because it is very diverse and aims to be as inclusive as possible. There are so many resources and a community for any of your interests.
Excellent internship opportunities and an inspirational professor Michael Tomlin provided the tools of succeeding in the Marketing field. Would love to have more professors who offer similar experience.
The campus on school is very diverse with food options to try and many new people to meet from around the world. IT is hard to walk up and down the stairs everyday to campus. I like the art pieces around the campus being displayed. You can see them during the day and at night going to and from classes.
CSULB has provided me with positive experiences that have benefited my life and the direction I am headed. CSULB is incredibly inclusive of all people and is always working on ways to be even more so. Things I might change about CSULB is obviously parking but also less construction on things that are not necessary.
Start Your Review of California State University - Long Beach
The two years I've been at CSU Long Beach has been nothing but enjoyable and fun. Everyone's really nice and the food's pretty decent.
CSULB is a diverse university, next door to the beach. The campus is huge and offers a wide array of scenery among-st the different classroom buildings. The change I would like to see is more parking.
I loved that California State University Long Beach offered a variety of learning opportunities with eclectic majors. It allowed students to choose to specialize in a particular area of study, while also receiving an all-encompassing general education. The professors and current students are warm and welcoming, which encouraged new students to feel comfortable and embraced into a new environment. Long Beach State University has an abundance of thriving athletic programs ranging from water polo to baseball, as well as many other sports. The games offer students an opportunity to socialize with fellow students, support the athletic programs, and embrace Long Beach school spirt. Overall, I loved my educational experience at Long Beach State and will utilize the knowledge gained from my degree to pursue my dream career!