California State University - Long Beach Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Students also applied to ...
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.271 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.286 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.288 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management1,128 Graduates
Family Studies and Consumer Sciences399 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies313 Graduates
Health Care Management287 Graduates
Human Development235 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.337 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.405 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 202 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.189 responses
Colleges like California State University - Long Beach
- B+California State University - Fullerton
- 4 Year
- Fullerton, CA
- 4,386 reviews
- B-California State University - Los Angeles
- 4 Year
- Los Angeles, CA
- 2,650 reviews
- C+California State University - Dominguez Hills
- 4 Year
- Carson, CA
- 1,567 reviews
- BCalifornia State University - Northridge
- 4 Year
- Northridge, CA
- 4,182 reviews
California State University - Long Beach Reviews
California State University, Long Beach is a very diverse university with much to offer for example there are many majors offered, clubs, sports, internship opportunities and a variety of options to further your education. CSULB has many advisors on campus ready to assist you on any questions or concerns you may have, they're available and easy to contact. Due to the large amount of classes they offer, it makes it easier to schedule your classes accordingly to your personal life. Professors encourage and emphasize office hours all throughout the semester so every student could strive in class. There's not a thing I would change about my school!
I am currently a third year at CSULB. I enjoy the atmosphere throughout the campus. Everyone is extremely welcoming and open to new friendships. I always feel safe and comfortable at school and I enjoy the events held on campus. Sporting events are always a blast because the students are very supportive of the teams. The professors are encouraging and do everything they can for their students to succeed. I wanted to go to CSULB for the school itself as well as the location. There are a lot of activities to do around the area such as downtown Long Beach, the Pike, multiple beaches, and much more! I’m very proud to be a part of the Beach community. Go Beach!
California State University - Long Beach is an amazing school! The weather is so nice and the people are awesome too. The Liberal Arts professors are intelligent humans with many published accomplishments. I highly recommend this school to anyone pursuing an undergraduate degree or master's degree. It's also one of the top 10 safest Southern California universities! I loved this school so much, I went for 6 years!