California State University - Long Beach Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Students also applied to ...
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.271 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.283 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.285 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management1,128 Graduates
Family Studies and Consumer Sciences399 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies313 Graduates
Health Care Management287 Graduates
Human Development235 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.334 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.402 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 199 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.189 responses
Colleges like California State University - Long Beach
- B+California State University - Fullerton
- 4 Year
- Fullerton, CA
- 4,349 reviews
- B-California State University - Los Angeles
- 4 Year
- Los Angeles, CA
- 2,629 reviews
- C+California State University - Dominguez Hills
- 4 Year
- Carson, CA
- 1,552 reviews
- BCalifornia State University - Northridge
- 4 Year
- Northridge, CA
- 4,142 reviews
California State University - Long Beach Reviews
California State University, Long Beach is a very diverse university with much to offer for example there are many majors offered, clubs, sports, internship opportunities and a variety of options to further your education. CSULB has many advisors on campus ready to assist you on any questions or concerns you may have, they're available and easy to contact. Due to the large amount of classes they offer, it makes it easier to schedule your classes accordingly to your personal life. Professors encourage and emphasize office hours all throughout the semester so every student could strive in class. There's not a thing I would change about my school!
The campus is monstrously huge. We have at least two different theaters, a gym, tennis courts, four different athletic fields, a blue pyramid (it's a stadium), an engineering workshop, a Japanese garden, and much, much more! The campus also features several different restaurants and eateries, so you'll have some variety in meals. Some professors are professional actors, and one professor created a holiday (Kwanzaa). The campus has recently attempted to create a smoke-free environment, so it gets points for healthy living. I hope that the college can also take steps towards environmentally sustainable practices considering the potential for solar energy development (sunny weather and possibly installing solar panels on roofs).
Long Beach has amazing professors! I have never had one I did not like! The campus is gorgeous and extremely easy to navigate. There are tons of clubs to join, an amazing student wellness center, and fun athletic games to watch! Long Beach really made my undergrad experience a lot of fun and it helped me learn a lot about my major! I am extremely happy with my choice to attend California State University Long Beach!