California State University - Fullerton Reviews

4,814 reviews
This was my first choice dream schol and I am pleased to stay that it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. All professors are true professionals who really want the best for their students. They are there to guide, inform, and of course educate. The campus is beautiful, clean, with plenty of resources and amenities that make any day easier to take on. The general atmosphere is very friendly, everyone has their own path but it truly feels like one community.
I am an art education major and I can honestly say that all my professors that I have had so far are incredibly intelligent, passionate, and talented in theri respective fields and specialties. Every class feels like a look into another universe- I learn so much. There is no "busy work", filler talk, or easy A- it's an atmosphere of knowledge through and through.
While our school has gone completely online, the professors that I've had the pleasure of learning from have done an excellent job of using online forums, zoom, and video assignments to make our transition easy.
Start Your Review of California State University - Fullerton
I like that all of the professors are very well versed in their fields as well as they are always willing to take the time to help you in your studies. The staff here really does want you to succeed. They really drive diversity and provide opportunities to create more as well. Our athletics programs are top notch as well. Downtown Fullerton is a great hangout spot along with Disneyland and the beach that ae pretty much right down the street.
Fullerton offers great courses and not only has a very diverse student community but also diverse professors and staff. The diversity is the thing that I really love the most sense most of my life I was just in a one ethnicity heavy concentrated schools, including the teachers. I have had a tour of the campus and it is very firm on safety and to make sure the students feel safe and are open to talk to our local authorities. The professors are giving it their all every single day to teach which is really inspiring.
First, I like that the staff and students are all very kind. I have gone to schools where simply asking directions has given me nothing but ignored. The campus itself is very beautiful and clean. I love the fact that it's a smoke free campus as well. Overall, it is a wonderful school.
When we first had to turn into online only classes, I was concerned it would be too difficult, however the professors were very kind and did everything they could to ease the process. The adapted very well and made sure they could could do everything so that we all could have a maximum learning experience without being physically present. One example is one professor who set out multiple sessions where he would be available to give tutoring and answer any questions. Another set out a chat where students could connect to him directly in case of any questions.
It’s not the best but it is average . It’s overall a good environment to learn in. I personally have professors that understand the difficulties that come along with distance learning but there are some that don’t care at all .
Great school . Nice campus and great teachers overall. With online learning you can’t be on campus which is unfortunate but overall the people here care about you .
Amazing school that cares for each one of their students. Awesome professors who know exactly what they teach
Professors have adjusted very well to online teaching and have eased in the students very nicely . Some teachers will do online meetings on zoom and some of the teachers will have assignments and power points posted. Overall whichever method the teachers chose, you are able to tell they have gone through some great training.
Well, because of the pandemic all of my classes are virtual and so far all my professors have done a great job helping us transition from in class to online. For me, online learning is a little harder for me to understand because I personally just work better in an in class setting, but the professor all offer office hours and usually email back within 24hrs if you ever have any questions, which helps me out a lot.
As a 20202 freshman at CSUF, I really appreciate how the professors and administrators have done an amazing job handling the transition from in class to a full virtual school year and have been very understanding and patient with students that have a hard time accessing the virtual classes.
I don't think I'd change a thing and I can't wait till we’re back on campus !
Online learning has been an overall positive experience. The classes have translated well from learning in the classroom to learning online and I'm still able to learn effectively.
The school is pretty diverse and the campus has a nice location. However, due to the student body being so large, it can be difficult for the school and staff to reach all of their students.
My experience at CSUF was excellent. The Steven G Mihaylo Hall is where all the business classes are held and I loved it. The coursework was challenging and the professors were helpful. I think the Entertainment and Tourism Management option for business majors needs to be split into two options: either entertainment or tourism, to better serve students and the industries they want to pursue. The new rec center is awesome. Various clubs on campus exist.
Start Your Review of California State University - Fullerton
I did not take any courses online at CSUF - I am an alum. However, the blackboard portion of my classes was fine when I went there.
Online learning at CSUF has been interesting. I believe that there could be more in-person learning with proper safety guidelines with some classes online. As a freshman, I will not be able to experience the fun and exciting school events and meet lots of new people in the school.
So far at California state university, I have found a helpful facility in the school. Though I believe that the school is a bit strong when it comes to political preference which I believe that they should be non-bias on the subject.