California State University - Fresno Reviews

2,361 reviews
Fresno State is an excellent university. I am currently majoring in Biology with a minor in Chemistry and can from the bottom of my heart say that its science department provides all of the tools needed for students to succeed in their courses including labs as well as consists of respectful, passionate and driven professors and instructors. They clearly love what they do and it reflects inside the classroom, lecture halls and laboratories. I am grateful for the welcoming and homely environment Fresno State offers me on campus! I look to further my education in research at Fresno and owe my success to this university thanks to all options of diverse clubs, success-driven students whom surround me and the wonderful professors willing to put all of their time necessary for student achievement and success.
Fresno State has a diverse campus but like any college, the dorm meals are not great. fortunately, there is are several restaurants on campus and it is a quick walk or bus ride to the Wallmart. For the most part, the instructors are considerate and willing to go out of their way to help. I have not spent much time in the party scene but there are several on and off campus events including bubble parties and dead week for those who like that sort of thing.
This campus has high ethnic diversity as well as excellent resources. Some of the resources that have helped me throughout my college experience were the writing center, learning center, student cupboard, clothing closet, health center and many more.
Start Your Review of California State University - Fresno
I was originally reluctant to attend Fresno State, but after deciding to go I am glad I did. The classes are understandable and any good student with good study habits will have no problem getting A's .
Good school overall but could always use more work. Buildings need updating. Restrooms needs updating and a student union needs updating.
All of the teachers I've had have been engaged with their work and students, and have created a positive learning environment. The campus has many student support services and activities to participate in, and a comfortable atmosphere.
Fresno State works hard and making you feel like you are part of their community. Overall, they are a great affordable school. Except the food for some reason, a sandwich from the downstairs lobby is ridiculous.
I attended Fresno State five years, until I received my bachelors in Liberal Studies. My experience was great, I learned so much and made many new friendships; which have lasted more then those in High School. Fresno State offers a variety of resources as well as teachers are always willing to help you.
Overall the campus has all the tools and services necessary for every student to exceed. One of the few changes I would like to see is variety of foods on campus. Currently, the food options are very limited on campus. Otherwise, the campus is great, tuition fees are very minimal and a great place to start anyone's undergraduate degree.
Fresno University is a great college of size. Great food and huge library but the communtiy is more independent.
I enjoyed the fact that the campus is not too large, so that taking classes on opposite ends of campus is not too challenging. The campus "feel" is relaxed and comfortable.
CSU Fresno has been an amazing college so far. I have been there for one year now and have enjoyed the experience of a real college that gets me motivated and really into the subject I'm working with. I've loved nearly all of my teachers and have found them very helpful. The only problem I've found there, which hasn't impeded me so far, is that while the school encourages the diversity of it's students and their views, the school itself seems to remain completely liberal and at times keeps me from wanting to express any of my own views being the conservative that I am. There have been staff involved in these issues creating petty problems because they don't agree with what others say. This is not too common though right now though and I can still do what i need to do so no harm done.
Fresno State is a great school full of great professors with many classes you can take. Counselors are super friendly as well as other students on campus. Clubs are very inviting and there are tons of on campus opportunities that benefit the students.
My experience at Fresno state has been amazing. I love how close it is to home. I love the environment that the school has. It’s very welcoming and I have no regrets in being part of this college.
I enjoyed my experience with Fresno State. Each professor I had was helpful and attentive. I maybe came across one or two unhelpful professors. Everyone is very school oriented. Classes help you bond with other classmates. I believe counseling could reach out more and be more attentive in helping students choose the classes they need.
Overall this University is average. I am a transfer student and CSU Fresno made it very difficult to transfer my units, claiming classes with identical descriptions we're not the same and therefore I would have to retake them. They also had a huge malfunction regarding financial aid and any student who was paying for classes with loans were dropped out of their classes, which then were filled by lower-priority registration students, resulting in a lot of seniors either have huge issues getting classes they needed, or not being able to get them at all and having to stay an additional semester. I have also had bad experiences with several professors and the school does not seem to take compliants regarding their professors very seriously. However, most professors have been decent and campus is quite nice other than parking.
What I like the most about Fresno State is the diversity and the Henry Madden Library. I just love being in the library surrounded by fellow students, seeing everyone study or relaxing. My least favorite thing about the school would be the conservative side of it. It feels like Freedom of Speech isn't really allowed sometimes because of the conservative population. What also bothers me is how much the school pays so much attention to athletics and agriculture rather than the College of Science and Mathematics or the College of Social Science.
Start Your Review of California State University - Fresno
It is a great place to be.Great teacher everyone seems to be like nice people and theres many place to live around campus. They have dorms on campus but theres many apartments around the school. I live across the street and the price seems to be pretty reasonable.
It is very diverse and people are very welcoming. My first year was very welcoming. It made my first year of college great. I was scared at first, but once I set foot on the campus, I felt that it was a great fit and a good choice.
This is my first year at California State University - Fresno (Fresno State) as a transfer student, and I have enjoyed my experience thus far. As a transfer student, I have not had much experience with the faculty outside of my discipline. The faculty of my discipline (music) are encouraging yet challenging while maintaining professionalism. The student community at Fresno State is also supportive and is generally involved in the both campus life and the surrounding Fresno community. While other campus services, such as food and financial aid counseling, could arguably be better, the average quality of these services do not negate the exemplary academia taught at Fresno State.