California State University - Fresno Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Students also applied to ...
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.132 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.145 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.145 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management570 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities312 Graduates
Agricultural Business269 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies259 Graduates
Health Service Preparatory Studies230 Graduates
Early Childhood Education116 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.179 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.228 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 101 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.86 responses
Colleges like California State University - Fresno
- CFresno City College
- 2 Year
- Fresno, CA
- 773 reviews
- B+Fresno Pacific University
- 4 Year
- Fresno, CA
- 475 reviews
- B-California State University - Bakersfield
- 4 Year
- Bakersfield, CA
- 1,012 reviews
- BCalifornia State University - Stanislaus
- 4 Year
- Turlock, CA
- 1,009 reviews
California State University - Fresno Reviews
As a freshman attending Fresno State, my experience has been nothing but fun, hard work, and plenty of stress. Fresno State is a clean, friendly, and safe environment. It’s nice knowing I am on a safe campus, I feel safe here! The professors are very oriented, some really care about the students education and they are willing to help those who are having trouble throughout the course. The atmosphere around here is fulfilled with energized and motivated students. When I go into the library to do some work, the students are very committed into getting their work done. Living on campus has been such a fun and great college experience so far, and I’m glad I was able to experience the dorm life here at Fresno State. When I have questions, the professors are more than happy to help, and the staff on campus is just overall very helpful. Personally, I love to watch sports, and going to some sports games is really diverting. Overall, my experience at Fresno State has been very abundant!
My experience at Fresno State has been one filled with fun, stress, and lots of hard work. I am involved in both the science and music colleges on campus, so I have seen both the very diverse sides of Fresno State. Both places have provided me with an incredible amount of opportunity in my future field and with friendships that have lasted me for my entire stay at State. There are also no shortage of teachers that are willing to help students get through their tough classes, and many of these proffessionals inspire me every day to continue to learn and pursue my dreams. As for athletics, being in the band has allowed me witness the amazing culture on campus surronding our athletics program. From volleyball to football, the students are so supportive of there fellow classmates and the enviroment is one of positivity despite what may happen on the playing field. Overall my experience at Fresno State has been a great!
This is my first year at California State University - Fresno (Fresno State) as a transfer student, and I have enjoyed my experience thus far. As a transfer student, I have not had much experience with the faculty outside of my discipline. The faculty of my discipline (music) are encouraging yet challenging while maintaining professionalism. The student community at Fresno State is also supportive and is generally involved in the both campus life and the surrounding Fresno community. While other campus services, such as food and financial aid counseling, could arguably be better, the average quality of these services do not negate the exemplary academia taught at Fresno State.