California State University - East Bay Reviews

1,688 reviews
Overall there are aspects to the campus life and quality of living at the dorms at CSU East Bay that could be improved, but for the most part the housing department does what they can to ensure our safety.
So far my experience has been great. CSU East Bay has many more options for working adults. I have been able to work towards a degree fully online while I live and work full time in another area.
This is my first semester at Cal State East Bay and it has been a good experience so far. The campus is easy to navigate and find classes and facilities. The professors here are exceptional. Many go the extra mile to accommodate student needs and to see them succeed. I have no regrets choosing this university over San Jose State.
Start Your Review of California State University - East Bay
California State University East Bay shows the diversity in the campus as this college shows how every culture can come together and work and achieve their goals together. I believe that this college has eager students with not the highest of grades with a great sense of esteem and knowledge. This shows ho this school gives everyone an opportunity to do what they want and learn the way they want to learn to signify their goals and dreams in their respected careers.
when i went to see the campus i felt like i needed to go to this school. i want to be far but not so far from my family and cal state was the best choice.
CSUEB is a fantastic option for students on a budget (time and money). My major was Health Sciences, I noticed a return on investment immediately upon graduation, as I was hired into the Healthcare industry. Teachers are incredible here and truly care about your education. Distance education is available as well for those who don't have the option to be in a classroom format. Again, I'd highly recommend!
What I like about CSUEB is the diversity that we have on campus. Each class that you take you see different people with different opinions, beliefs, values, and backgrounds. You get to know students, grow a connections, build life long friends. The campus is small and it is great for students that love small campus and is able to get to classes easier. Also you are able to enroll in different class from Japanese to Women and sports. CSUEB has many connections that you can join and be part of a family.
This school isn't too big but its the perfect size for a person who came from a small school district. The weather isn't the best but the campus is very pretty and there are a lot of places you can go visit on your free time.
This is my first year at CSUEB and I love that it is affordable, local and flexible with their academics because some degrees can be earned online or on campus. This campus is beautiful up in the Hayward Hills with the view of the SF Bay. The only thing I would change about this school is lowering the all-day parking permit prices and even the semester parking passes. So far I like being a Pioneer.

Jessica
I am in love with this school. The people, the faculty, the vibe, all of it. I am a Biochemistry major and love the department. CSUEB is so underrated. I have had the best experience
I actually really enjoy being at this school, I love my field of study and the teachers I've had so far have been mostly great. I hate how parking passes cost more and tuition is up the roof.
Love it this school is great for mellow people. If you want a tv college experience this might not be the institution for you.
My experience was great I had very supportive professors with great curriculums. Overall I had a small struggle coming from community college, transitioning into a university due to the wrong preparation for the big world. I got into CSUEB and conquered every disadvantage as well as over cane the statistics that my community college professor encouraged. What was expected of me was greater than what they said I was smart, ready and prepared for everything that was thrown my way
CSU East Bay is the best university you can go to if you live near the Bay Area. The professor there are nice and they just recently transferred into a semester system so classes time are shorter but will last longer. The only thing I would change is their financial aid office, they make a lot of mistakes on a lot of students applications causing their financial aid to be delay.
It's the perfect size school! Not too big or small. It is also very diverse and a great environment on and off campus.
I like how there is free easy access to transportation with shuttles to the bart stations. I also like how open it is and not as impacted as other campuses. I also like how the library opens late during finals week. it gives students to stay on campus longer to study.
The campus is nice and the views you get can be even nicer. Classes I've had so far have been chill, interactive and interesting
Start Your Review of California State University - East Bay
The diversity of the population is this university’s greatest aspect. With a wide array of faculty, staff, and student ethnicity, anyone attending this school will gain a wide array of perspectives and knowledge. Moreover, the services available on campus will help any willing, hard-working student succeed in their time at Cal State East Bay. Be aware though, as with many institutions, there are drawbacks. One drawback of East Bay would be their financial aid department, and the setbacks that occur on a regular basis.
I am currently a senior at Cal State East Bay, majoring in Health Science, pre-clinical preparation. The campus at East Bay is very small which makes classes enjoyable because I see familiar faces everywhere I go. Most professors, especially in the upper division major classes, truly care about helping their students succeed. I have established positive relationships with numerous professors, allowing me to feel comfortable asking them for help with obtaining a successful future for myself.
The campus was really nice! The people were friendly. Something that they can improve on is the dorms and the food but other than that everything was good like the student life seemed like everyone was having fun and enjoying themselves. Also seems like a very secure campus.