California State University - East Bay Reviews

1,630 reviews
I love the amount of help offered at East Bay by students and staff, everyone is always so willing to help! The only thing I would change is having to take a general studies class your freshman year because I find it redundant to take an unnecessary class.
I love California State University. I spend 5 days a week and spend more than 8 hours a day. The teachers and students made me feel like I'm in my house. The programs their to help you succeed in your studies are just amazing.
Cal State East Bay is such a beautiful and calm school. During my visit, I got to visit this school thanks to an AVID trip and the whole experience was amazing. I got to see the dorms. The dorms are okay, not too big and not too small. The dorms are near the gym for anyone who likes morning work outs. Another great thing about this school is that it is so calmed throughout the day and the weather is just about perfect here.
Start Your Review of California State University - East Bay
East bay has it'd own unique-ness to it. The school is very diverse though you don't have much involvement with other students. Until recently the school just got it's campus life.
the school is ok they're financial aid sucks and they don't answer or reply right away. they have a lot of issues to fix
Overall, pretty good school to go too. Variety of different people and classes one can take. Tons of clubs and greek organizations to be apart of. During the Fall, Winter and Spring Quarters very active and plenty of activities to take part in during down time between classes. Quite a big campus and very open.
I've only recently joined the CSUEB community because I just graduated high school. But from all the events I've attended so far and from visiting the campus often (because I live 10 minutes away), these are my impressions of East Bay so far. The students, especially the Orientation Team are very welcoming. The group of students that represent the school, such as ASI and the Orientation Team, display how diversity and friendliness of the people at East Bay. The recreation center/gym is very impressive and looks brand new. I'd only question why the science building looks like the oldest building on campus, which is the one that should be updated because of the advancements in technology for science. The dorms look very comfortable and new. The local area gets 5 stars because the Bay Area is beautiful. At first, I wasn't too happy with going to East Bay. But after seeing what they have to offer, I gladly look forward to starting my journey as a pioneer.
located on the top of a "mountain", quiet and safe, the campus was really big and seriously it is very beautiful. The thing I like the most is that there was a police department located next to the library. You can even call the police to drive you home if you were out at night.staffs were nice. Starbucks and Subway saved my campus living. However, the dinning common should receive a 1 star.
I liked how diverse Cal State East Bay is. Everyone there that I met my first year was pretty awesome. Everyone was excited to be in that school and to begin new adventures. I enjoyed how everything was not to far away, it's a pretty small campus; I did not have to walk very far or run a long distance. The professor's there were all amazing professors. They made the classes interesting and very interactive. Everyone would participate at least once or twice a class. I really like how everyone there always has someone or a whole group to go to the library and study with. East Bay, has many places where students can go and study together throughout campus.
I like the diversity and the resources offered. They make efforts to improve on what they have and to get resources they don't already have.
As a current student at East Bay, I love being a student there. The school is incredibly diverse. It has a great kinesiology department, with amazing professors. So glad I get to study kinesiology here! Love being an East Bay Pioneer.
I attended CSUEB from 2009-2014 and graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology. Overall, my time at CSUEB was great. It is a commuter school so I didn't spend much time on campus outside of my classes. All of my professors were great and the administration was always very helpful when I needed assistance. Towards the end of my college career, some classes were very difficult to get into which was stressful but it all ended up working out.
I am now a Junior at California State University East Bay, I think what I liked the most about the school is the diversity. How everyone connects regardless they background they come in. Being able to connect with one another without judging on race and culture is very important specially for me. I also liked the greek life and the way there are so many clubs on campus. I think the teachers are very interested in the students success and all the staff encourages you too ask questions and help if you need any. I think that there are many stereotypes as to why people should not go to this school, but I think that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. I think it's a school where you can thrive and look back and be happy about where you came from. I personally like the campus, it's clean and they give a lot of maintainence to it. Overall, the school is great. What I would like to see would be more places to eat around campus.
Small class sizes allow for students to feel that professors are more accessible and for students to interact and learn effectively.
I liked the small community there it allows for deeper interaction with staff and is very easy to make friends due to this. I love the location its perfect the bay allows for you to meet many people you probably would have never meet. San Francisco is close the city has many cool thing to offer and explore with friends or alone if your feeling bold. Arras of improvement or some of the building on campus need to be updated and housing horrible with them never having rooms for people who need it. An example of this is some one who lives close in the city of Hayward may get housing before some one like me who live all the way in L.A. 6 hours away. It is all to common and needs to be fixed.
I am very much enjoying the Cal State East Bay University experience. The students and professors are a mixture of diversities and all are accepted and respected. The vibe from the school is positive with music of all kinds playing in the fields, different types of delicious foods to pick from, many interesting classes and great weather. I love East Bay!
Cal State East Bay has two campuses - the main campus in Hayward and the sister campus in Concord. If you're looking for the stereotypical 'college experience,' then you should go to the Hayward campus. The Concord campus is ridiculously small with hardly any social events. The Concord campus is also more geared towards the pre-licensure nursing program. It's also convenient if you aren't close to the Hayward campus.
Overall though, the Hayward campus is more enjoyable.
Start Your Review of California State University - East Bay
It's not the full "college experience", as you'd expect. It is more of a commuter school than anything. Professors are hit or miss when it comes to picking courses, more specifically in general education classes. I also haven't had problems with administration and financial aid, but I have had plenty of friends who have. Hayward itself isn't a great "college city", but luckily close enough to Oakland, San Francisco, and San Jose to go out and have some fun outside of the school.
East Bay is one of the most diverse campus in the world. Although it might not be the biggest or the most well-known but the faculty I have encountered and the opportunities they provide are great.
This school has very safe environment that it feels safe to walk around campus alone. Everyone is friendly and professors are always there to help you. There are food places for you to choose from like panda express, subway, wing street, taco bell, starbucks and etc. It is not healthy to eat fast food everyday, but those places will always be there for students to go conveniently especially for students who lives in the dorm. There are also a gym for the students to go also. Overall my experience here is good.