California State University - East Bay Reviews

1,669 reviews
The campus was really nice! The people were friendly. Something that they can improve on is the dorms and the food but other than that everything was good like the student life seemed like everyone was having fun and enjoying themselves. Also seems like a very secure campus.
I enjoyed all the services offered at east bay; from free food, to work outs, and even free entertainment such as movies, concerts, and other events.
As an incoming freshman I felt a really warm welcoming to the school the day they hosted a pre orientation.
Start Your Review of California State University - East Bay
East Bay is a better school than most people make it out to be. Whatever you put into your education is what you'll get out of it, and because I put time into finding things to do at school and joining programs and clubs, East Bay has turned out to be the best thing to ever happen to me. They offer students so much to do and so many opportunities to make the most out of their college experience. There are Greek clubs, diversity programs, business fraternities, and plenty of other places for students to spread their wings and gain life experience while also having fun. East Bay is an amazing school with so much to offer the Bay Area.
What I liked about California State University, East Bay is the diversity. For the two years I've attended East Bay, I have interacted with different cultures, backgrounds, and grew as an individual that is excelling tremendously. Everyone that is going to East Bay is very engaged in their school work and helping the community grow with political and social problems. Overall, my favorite part of East Bay is the student life because this is by-far the best learning experience I have encounter since my childhood.
Overall my three years at California State University, East Bay has been a great experience. I have had a handful of caring professors who all have put in time and effort into my education and well being. The student involvement is amazing, we have over 150 clubs and organizations. Greek life is spectacular and we always have events such as Greek Olympics and what not.
The school is great. The teachers are awesome too. I honestly do not have any complaints about the place.
I am still a Senior in High School, but I have been to this campus more times then i can count and every time I go I feel at home. Everyone there is so nice, the campus is great and the view is so beautiful.
I really like the university but it could use some renovation. The students are cool and so are some of the teachers and there's a lot that the school has to offer.
It was a great campus when I went to go visit and I love the environment. It was beautiful and is in a great are. Close to the bay and oakland. I love oakland because of the raiders
This school can be fun if you meet the right people and it is very easy to make friends in the Bay Area. There is fun stuff to do around the area but you need access to transportation or else you'll be stuck on campus your whole school year. The teachers are sometimes great and sometimes suck but overall if you're working for your grade then you will receive what you put in.
I am a current student at CSUEB, studying Criminal Justice program. The campus is not very big, walking to the furthest building is about a 10-15 minute walk from the dorms. The criminal justice professors are great and want their students to succeed. The view is beautiful to look at when walking to and from class or even to watch the sunset in the quad.
What I loved most about Cal State East bay is the diversity there. I come from a high school where we are very big on diversity. Cal state East Bay I believe is the best fit for me because of my major as well. I would like to major in child development, and eventually social work. The city East Bay is located in,I feel will help accomplish that as well. The city around it is what catches my attention because everything that goes on out there. The school itself is not too big but also not that smile either, which is very neat.
My school has very friendly staff and I feel like I'm on the right track to graduate. As for right now, I don't think there should be any changes done.
I like how professors really work with students so they can do well in their classes and succeed in their future endeavors. Professors here are passionate about what they teach. There are a lot of resources available for students too.
I like that the school is trying to help me succeed in all areas of my life. Every person has made a difference to me while I’ve been there. I went from not knowing what I wanted to with my education, to being in a masters program and earning a job at a CPA firm. I couldn’t have done it without their guidance and support.
I believe that CSUEB has the potential to offer great academics to those attending. I recently transferred to Cal State East Bay, and I am enjoying my time here. Coming from a Junior College, I am not used to the universities environment, but that will take some time. In the future, I hope that the school will create a counseling center, where certified professions help you with your graduation path, rather than going to your major advisors and also the AACE for general ed alone. I feel like things might run more smoothly, and those who are new to the school, will find it easier to access academic help.
Start Your Review of California State University - East Bay
It was hard to get the classes I needed to graduate. As a transfer student, I was given a late registration date and could not get all of the classes I needed in order to graduate. Teachers are not that good. Would have been better if there were online classes for business majors.
There are many clubs and regular events in the college, helping new students and old students hang out with others and learn to be more friendly. The associations in college even has get together study groups during exams week, while offering food.
I enjoyed the small campus vibe, and it created a closeness among the students I did not feel on other campuses. If I were to change something, it would be to upgrade the buildings around campus.