California State University - East Bay Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Students also applied to ...
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.105 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.110 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.110 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management633 Graduates
Health Service Preparatory Studies361 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies195 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies179 Graduates
Human Development161 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities129 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 78 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.143 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.179 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 81 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.81 responses
Colleges like California State University - East Bay
- B-San Jose State University
- 4 Year
- San Jose, CA
- 3,603 reviews
- B-San Francisco State University
- 4 Year
- San Francisco, CA
- 3,077 reviews
- B+California State University - Chico
- 4 Year
- Chico, CA
- 2,179 reviews
- BCalifornia State University - Stanislaus
- 4 Year
- Turlock, CA
- 989 reviews
California State University - East Bay Reviews
I am very much enjoying the Cal State East Bay University experience. The students and professors are a mixture of diversities and all are accepted and respected. The vibe from the school is positive with music of all kinds playing in the fields, different types of delicious foods to pick from, many interesting classes and great weather. I love East Bay!
I was in the Art History program, but I hear that other majors had much better experiences than me. I had almost no support, and the only time the school reached out to me was for money, unpaid work, or surveys - so many surveys! I had a couple of really excellent professors, but two of them have just retired do to low pay and bad work environment. The school does have an EXCELLENT online program, I managed to take about 80% that way and saved a lot on travel.
This is a commuter school. the area is very congested and people typically keep to themselves. There are not many clubs to be involved in and it is hard to make connections with other students. The campus is an urban setting, but it is very difficult to find parking and actually get on campus. The teachers and education are very proficient and the tuition for In-State residents is very convenient and manageable. Being in the Bay Area, the student life is very diverse!