California State University - East Bay is ...
NCAA Division II (without football)
California Collegiate Athletic Association
High School GPA
Students also applied to ...
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.105 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.105 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.105 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management641 Graduates
Health Service Preparatory Studies280 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies205 Graduates
Human Development145 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities136 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies136 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 73 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.138 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.174 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 76 responsesReport
After California State University - East Bay
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.81 responses
Colleges like California State University - East Bay
- B-San Jose State University
- 4 Year
- San Jose, CA
- 3,557 reviews
- B-San Francisco State University
- 4 Year
- San Francisco, CA
- 3,032 reviews
- B+California State University - Chico
- 4 Year
- Chico, CA
- 2,150 reviews
- BCalifornia State University - Stanislaus
- 4 Year
- Turlock, CA
- 972 reviews
California State University - East Bay Reviews
Review California State University - East Bay
I was in the Art History program, but I hear that other majors had much better experiences than me. I had almost no support, and the only time the school reached out to me was for money, unpaid work, or surveys - so many surveys! I had a couple of really excellent professors, but two of them have just retired do to low pay and bad work environment. The school does have an EXCELLENT online program, I managed to take about 80% that way and saved a lot on travel.
This is a commuter school. the area is very congested and people typically keep to themselves. There are not many clubs to be involved in and it is hard to make connections with other students. The campus is an urban setting, but it is very difficult to find parking and actually get on campus. The teachers and education are very proficient and the tuition for In-State residents is very convenient and manageable. Being in the Bay Area, the student life is very diverse!
Great experience here! They built the raw center (gym) with jamba juice located just right inside. I loved the different food options they have available like Taco bell, pizza hut, subway, and panda express. The professors that I have dealt with are really helpful and they really care about their student. My favorite place to go was the library; its quiet and allows free computer usage.