California State University - Dominguez Hills Reviews

1,553 reviews
Throughout my years at Dominguez Hills, I have met a lot of inspiring people, and also I have met a lot of great academic advisors and teachers who helped me get on the right track to graduating. Being involved in an organization has made a major impact on my social skills during my time at Dominguez Hills, because I am more confident to talk to new people and networking along the way. I would make an improvement just on having more activities for students throughout the semester. I would also like to see the expansion of more clubs and organizations on campus as well.
Dominguez Hills offers a beautiful campus to students and one on one time with profressors. Dominguez has a very calm vibe to it and the students are very friendly.
During my first year of CSUDH. I felt I did not belong because I was from a gang and people saw me as a gang member rather than a student. But I met some great people that help me through my first year college. Male Success Alliance really understood where I came from and my problems. Help become a better person in life. My professor that I was honor to have really show they care for their students and their education. Eventually CSUDH became a second home to me.
Start Your Review of California State University - Dominguez Hills
The thing I love the most about this campus is that buildings are close to each other, so you don't have to walk a mile to get to your next class. I also love spending time in the library it helps me get my homework done.
I am a graduate student and I absolutely love this school. The campus is very clean and nice, while the food court offers a great variety. The international and admission office employees are incredibly helpful and always friendly. The campus offers free parking during the first two weeks of the semester and has 30 minutes free parking areas, which most other CSU campuses do not have.
The campus is small and very organized. Also everyone is very friendly, and they always give the proper help needed.
This university is a commuter school. Most people here are very kind with different cultural backgrounds. I love meeting the new international students!
I am taking my Bachelors Degree in Nursing and I like this online program because I can study with convenience. I am pursuing to advance in my career and CSU Dominguez Hills has been exceptional in their academics. The professor are very prompt in their response and very professional with high standard of teaching and experience in the field.
The campus isn’t bad, but it’s but It’s nothing like the other schools around Southern California. The food court is limited. There is an okay-amount if events, but they don’t always apply to everyone. The biology and chemistry department do try to accommodate as many students as they can that need classes, so that’s a good thing. And a good amount of professors here are actually interested in helping their students succeed. There are definitely trade-offs with this school.
As a resident in the city of Carson, I have witnessed the changes and improvements of Cal State Dominguez Hills. I have family members that are alumni. As a teenager, I would spend summers roaming the campus and experiencing college life. The campus is beautifully vast. The personnel are always informative and welcoming. I am excited to attend this campus for Fall 2018.
I love this school. I have been to another cal state and it is not as beautiful as this one. The professors are really passionate about what they do and the same can be said about the students. This school makes you want to the best for yourself. There is a lot of resources that are available and very useful.
I started here as a freshman not knowing anyone on campus. It will take a while to get adjusted to the new environment around you, but it will sure get exciting through the years. You meet so many new people on campus, interact well with professors on campus, activities, clubs and orgs, and experiences is something you can take with you at graduation. There is always something on and it diversity is great. You will either end up meeting someone who is exactly like you and have them in multiple courses or in the same field of study as you or simply different, yet something that makes a connection between the two. It has been an exciting learning experience for me and I definitely recommend this university. You will not regret.
I love CSUDH for their diversity and amount of resources available to students. There is no excuse for not getting work done which is really great for a student as myself who struggles to find available resources for homework or projects. There would be nothing that I would change about CSUDH.
It was a great school, the professors are knowledgeable and the staff were helpful. They have classes all through out the days so I never worried about timing. They also have a lot of people that are willing to help you with resources. Its a very quite campus which is another reason I like it. You don't have to worry about being around a lot of party people, but instead people who are there on a mission. Beautiful campus as well and they have a lot of toro activities like taco Tuesdays and bar and lounge area, great food.
This is a small university but I get all I need from the school. The staff is friendly. The professors are great. The library is really nice. And it's like another home where I can be comfortable working on the academic goals.
This is my second semester going her and I like it here. The professor overall are great and I've met some pretty friendly people at the university.
This is such a beautiful campus, everyone is super friendly. My advisory is amazing and always willing to help me stack on the right path. I am proud to be a Toro !!
Start Your Review of California State University - Dominguez Hills
I like that CSUDH has programs to help Freshman transition from high school to their first year in college. They also hold many campus tours where they give a lot of information about our school. Many professors are easy to approach and are there to help you.
cal state Dominguez Hills is great for a diverse education. They focus on critical race theory in msw program and it’s a great asset !CRT helps open blind spots we have in our life and makes us aware of micro aggressions and racism. Instructors are wonderful faculty kinda sucks for the msw program some are good.
Small class sizes makes for more individual attention. Unfortunately it also means limited class availability, and if there's a teacher who doesn't work for you, too bad - theyre the only one teaching several major requirements!