California State University - Chico Reviews

2,250 reviews
I loved attending Chico State. However, there are some things that I would change. Our school is very open which isn't an issue. However, nearby in downtown Chico, it's filled with lots of transients. Walking around on campus or to nearby restaurants doesn't feel as safe as it should. I know that campuses can't control everything, however, something needs to be done about this.
College experience varies from student to student. I've had friends that just didn't fit in with the campus and some of my other friends love it. I, myself love Chico State, it is a perfect distance from my apartment. Downtown is extremely close to campus as well. There is also many opportunities for students to get involved around campus and to meet new people. I think Chico is huge on greek life. If you meet someone on campus there is a huge probability they are in a sorority of fraternity. Although it is a small campus, there is always something to do. There is always students hanging out in front of Kendall Hall lawn, hanging out at the Bell Memorial Union, or taking a picture with our recent Wildcat statue. there is always a new restarts to eat as well as there is many places to go in downtown.
Beautiful campus! I prefer schools that are in college towns because it makes it feel like much more of a community. Strangers say hi as you walk by them, professors genuinely want you to succeed. Some class buildings need to be updated but they're working on that.
Start Your Review of California State University - Chico
Beautiful campus! I love it here. I am so glad I chose Chico. We also have one of the best teaching programs there is!
I love the atmosphere! I love how it is in the middle of town and is easy to walk to. I love the nature feel. There are many friendly people and Chico State also has many resources.
Chico is a great school and a great community for students. I really like attending this school and highly suggest it. It has a great art scene, beautiful nature surrounding and a really nice campus. The community really supports the students wants them to succeed.
Chico State has been an excellent experience. It is not only the party school people make it out to be. Professors truly care about their students and want them to succeed. This makes learning so much easier and teachers are always accessible to help if you need it.
The school has a great program for nutrition students and there is lots of support in science classes with free tutoring and supplemental help. Some professors seem like they don't know what they're doing and are very unorganized. Also, there is not much to do around campus which is why it is such a big party school.
The people, staff, students, and faculty are all so friendly and open. Everyone is extremely accepting and kind, the university is designed to help you succeed.
All of the staff members are friendly and willing to help whenever you need it. The community is also very positive and supporting.
My overall experience with Cal State University Chico is a a positive experience. When I visit Cal State Chico the overall environment was educational and beneficial to decide where I want to attend four years of my life. If I would've attend Cal State Chico to receive my nursing degree. It would have to be a investment because Its eight hours away from home. And honestly I would get homesick but it would give me a extra push to not go home and to finish because its so far. I would love to attend here because there are many activities to achieve. And plus San Francisco isn't to far away
This is my first semester here, as a transfer. I absolutely love the campus. It's beautiful, warm, and inviting. I visited many colleges, but this was the one I easily felt the most comfortable in right away. The facility in my major, the financial aid, and counseling department have been unusually helpful and kind. My professors in the Animation and Game Development classes all have industry experience and are willing to give individual student time. There is an infinite number of resources at this school. The gym is HUGE. The library is HUGE. There are computer labs, and stores, and anything you could possibly need. Everyone seems to be so friendly here too. I absolutely love it. There are plenty of cheaper off-campus housing options. Don't go with dorm living. It's expensive and there are apartments VERY close to campus that are exclusively students.
I love everything about Chico. The campus is beautiful and the professors genuinely care about the students doing well. There are so many resources that are completely free to students such as tutoring, supplemental instruction, counseling services, classes at the gym, etc. Chico also has a variety of clubs and organizations for anyone to join.
Chico State is a great school, the Chico area is a great place to live. there is always something going on in the community and the school. All programs at Chico State are focused. The professors make sure the students are well informed about their career opportunities. On and off-campus events are always fun, it is a very good place to meet life long friends.
What I like about Chico State is the diversity on campus. You will not feel like you don’t belong here. Everyone is welcoming, especially professors and facility members who are always doing their best to help students achieve their greatest potential.
California State University is a very social school. Most of the faculty care about student success, and if a student can put their full effort into academics, they can be as successful as they want to be. However, the area can be boring if a college student doesn't like to "party". There are a lot of distractions the first year of college, but as long as the focus and right motivation to succeed is there, anyone should be fine.
Chico State has so much to offer, so much guidance. many advisors, program coordinators, student life all there to help you be in the right path to success. Even a student has a simple question, chico state website has every to step on "How-to." I chose chico state because of the resources, the motivation to succeed, the friendliness, the area. I feel safe. I feel comfortable asking questions or asking for guidance. I am more than happy to be transferring to chico state!
Start Your Review of California State University - Chico
I do enjoy the beauty of the campus, and the spirit that many of the faculty and students have. However, I would like to see the campus take a less hypocritical stance in politics.
I am having a great experience at Chico State because of the many clubs and great faculty for my major. The school is very friendly and full of peers that will help anyone out. There are many trees and spots where people can hangout and meet new people.
Chico state is electrifying! It’s an affordable school, beautiful area, nice college town insane party scene and an all around great school. In my opinion, Chico state is an underrated school, we have a great party scene, strong greek life, and respectable academics. If i could change one thing, i would change the lack of a football team. Overall, i love music experience at chico and would not want to experience my college years anywhere else.