California State University - Channel Islands Reviews

I really love this school. The student to professor ratio is the best feature to this school, you really feel like they are there to help you personally.
A wonderful college. Small school feel. Wonderful professors that are very supportive. Everyone I have had contact with is compassionate and helpful.
What I liked most about this school, were that the teachers were helpful, and that they want you to succeed. What I would want to change, would be to add more parking areas for both students and faculty.
Start Your Review of California State University - Channel Islands
My experience at the Cal State University University was amazing. I loved the campus and for me it felt like if I were to attend at this school I would feel at home and safe. I loved the fact that this university has my major and I love that everyone just seems so friendly. If I had the opportunity to visit this university one more time I would! I would recommend people to visit the campus.
Channel Islands is a beautiful campus to live on. It is quiet and quaint compared to other universities and the outside of town atmosphere makes it east to focus on studies. I have had wonderful professors here and am please to say that each professor has made a connection to their class and the outside world. Considering I am studying to be an elementary school teacher, this campus provides opportunities to network through service learning outside of campus. I have been privileged enough to work one on one with other students at elementary schools and side by side with teachers in the classroom. Student life is quiet here, however the campus puts on socials and events that are a great opportunity to take a study break and relax and enjoy being social. I love the campus.
I have a great experience at CI. I learned a lot and the professors are great! The school is small so there are great chances that professors will know you by name. To them you are not a number but a person with a name.
The education program is amazing at CSUCI. The professors are very passionate about teaching and encouraging you to succeed in you academics. The Special Education program is great. It is close to the beach and has all you need on campus. Great students, with a diverse campus atmosphere. Many different clubs and programs on campus. We have great food in town center!
The part I liked about the University was the student life because it was one of the reasons why I chose this school. It made me feel comfortable in the campus and also I felt that I was part of family when I arrived. I don't think anything should be changed in this school , its an amazing campus.
I believe that during my time at California State University Channel Islands, I learned a lot from my very interesting courses and great professors. The social aspect of the school however is not great. I commute and have only one friend here. I am an extremely social person so the environment is rough on me. The campus is beautiful and the employees are very helpful. My professors have been mostly great and personable, and I really enjoyed the majority of my classes. The school needs to grow and develop more of a unity so that the students feel more connected regardless if they live on campus or they commute. I would recommend the school to people who want to just come and get their coursework done for their degree, not to come and get a traditional college experience. I believe that the school will grow and so will the Channel Islands spirit.
My experience at CSUCI is a good one. I love the campus and it is so close to home. It has a beautiful view of the ocean and i am hoping in attending.
I wasted four months of my life in this pitiful excuse for a university. Save your money. Go somewhere else. Join the marines if that's your only other option because you'll have more fun doing pushups for Sergeant Stick-up-his-ass than you will if you go to this school.
I really enjoyed the vibes I got from the campus. It was more diverse than I thought it would be. The professors seemed really nice and caring. The weather is not that bad it can be hot but not burning hot but it’s cold in the morning.
Channel Islands is a beautiful school and love how small the classes are. I am able to get the classes I need because it's such a small university compared to others. There should be more sports and fun activities to get distracted.
The campus is small, meaning little walking to next class. Professors and staff are friendly. The campus itself is warm and cosy with many trees and shady area for studying. The food is affordable and with $10 you can pick all you can eat or go to the external food court.
Channel Island is very beautiful and very safe. There are police officers around 24/7. The teachers are excellent, but it lacks school spirit. Sometimes it can be a little too quiet. Not a party school.
I have truly fallen in love with my school. I appreciate the small class sizes and that it is so easy to pass by a familiar face every day. All of my teachers have been so wonderful to me and I appreciate how connected they become to us and how willing they are to help us achieve our goals. The only thing I would love to see a change in is our food on campus. Being a vegan, it is sometimes very hard to find a substantial meal on campus, I believe having healthier meal options would greatly increase the beautiful vibe we have at this school.
I love that it is a very tightly woven community. Small class sizes allow for more 1 on 1 time with professors and the cultivation of many relationships.
Start Your Review of California State University - Channel Islands
I liked how it was lonely and everyone was doing their own thing, also the people attending the college. I would like to see more activities happen.
CSU Channel Islands is a great place for students who are looking to transfer to school that focuses on professors who want you to succeed and give multiple opprotunities to find resources for careers, internships, and jobs on campus. My on critique would the battle to get into classes you need to graduate because many students need similar professors in order to receive their bachelors degree on time.
I like that it is surrounded by nature and very close to the beach. Also the Camarillo Premium Outlets are really close by. The only downside is you cannot walk there, you would have to take the bus or get a ride there.