California State University - Channel Islands Reviews

This school is absolutely amazing. I love this school mainly because of its size. It's a small campus located in Camarillo, where there are no more than 25 students in a classroom. Giving you a lot of one-on-one with your professor. It's a 10 minute drive to the beach, and hour between Los Angeles and Santa Barbra. The reason I'm giving this a 4/5 is because its still a fairly new school. This Cal State was established in 2002. The community is still growing, meaning there are a lot of work that needs to be done in the student life aspect. Most of the clubs are still new and still growing. My first semester I joined the women's soccer club and loved it. We played different soccer clubs from other schools such as UCLA, San Bernardino, Cal Poly, and more. I decoded I wanted to focus on my studies more and stopped playing. My time here so far has been amazing and I am so happy that I chose to go here.
I really enjoy how welcoming and secure it is at this University. I never feel out of place nor uncomfortable. Being away from home has never felt so homey considering it’s not my permanent home like it does living on this campus.
Exactly what i expected! Grateful for the helpful staff. Everyone made my first semester as easy as possible
Start Your Review of California State University - Channel Islands
I enjoyed the close knit environment. I always feel as if im supported by my professors. All of my professors have been a positive influence on my education as well as my goals. I feel that the administrators care about their students. There are so many resources for the students.
It’s a smaller campus with really nice class sizes. I can really get 1 on 1 help with my professors as well. The dorms are really nice (and new!) and spacious/nice to live in. Not many parties, but I don’t mind, the people are very nice and I’ve met a lot of friends.
CSUCI is a beautiful, small school that has small class sizes that could help you better focus and gives you more of an opportunity to meet one-on-one with your professors. The down side of this campus is that since it is fairly new, I feel like this campus is still very unorganized and outdated (it used to be a mental hospital). It seems like no one really knows what to do or has a protocol for safety for the students and campus. The gym is super small and outdated. The parking there is so terrible along with their decision to make them all dirt lots which gets everyone's car all dusty and yourself covered in dust. Their dorms are super small and there's clearly not enough room for them to be accepting so many students but they still do! Anyways, I just feel like the campus and community itself needs major improvements but I do enjoy coming here. It has the potential of being an amazing school if they truly make changes.
California State University- Channel Islands is a great school to go to college at. The professors are very helpful and they want to see you succeed. They encourage students and push us to do are best. Student life on campus is awesome and there's activities to engage in when you need a break from studying. Great school to attend!
Recently I did not feel supported by school administrators, it felt as though all they really cared about was the financial aspect and not about me as an individual due to my medical situation. It did not seem as though they cared for my overall safety and well being, and for this reason my parents and I had to take matters into my own hands. But do not get me wrong, I loved the professors that I had, and they have always been so supportive and understanding - more now than ever. You have small/average class sizes which allows for you to form bonds and relationships with professors, take full advantage of that!
Beautiful campus where you can easily approach professors with any questions you may have and are looking to help students. Strong relationships with them and are excellent in the way they teach.
I enjoy this school. It has everything. Student events and activities. Great academic help. Good professors. Also the public transportation is free. The facilities that are offered are amazing.
Avoid this school if possible, especially if you want to stay on campus. Campus living is isolated and depressing for many students, there's just not much to do on campus or in the surrounding area. Many students leave on weekends to "get away". I had a horrible transfer experience with this school. They have only a handful of advisors, it's hard to get the help you need and they will argue with you about accepting pretty basic classes like English 102. There's not enough parking. The worst parking I've seen and I've attended multiple schools in two states. Arriving an hour before class doesn't always work. I've missed classes at times looking for parking. Food options are very expensive and the quality is pretty low. Expect to eat from vending machines most days if you can find one near class. Theres a few restaurants on the opposite side of campus from where classes are located. This is your best bet for food and a cup of coffee.
The campus is beautiful, the classes were the perfect size to get one on one with professors, who we're knowledgeable and very helpful. The only problem I had with CI was the dorms. When I went to CI, we had too many students, not enough dorms and rent was $1,324 for a 4 bedroom two bath dorm for 6 people. The other things was if you didn't have a car you basically needed to know someone who had one or live on campus because the campus is about a 15-20 drive from the closest towns.
vewinwrubv rn'p.rwvi'bwvewinwrubv rn'p.rwvi'bwvewinwrubv rn'p.rwvi'bwvewinwrubv rn'p.rwvi'bwvewinwrubv rn'p.rwvi'bwvewinwrubv rn'p.rwvi'bwvewinwrubv rn'p.rwvi'bwvewinwrubv rn'p.rwvi'bwvewinwrubv rn'p.rwvi'bwvewinwrubv rn'p.rwvi'bwvewinwrubv rn'p.rwvi'bwvewinwrubv rn'p.rwvi'bwvewinwrubv rn'p.rwvi'bwvewinwrubv rn'p.rwvi'bwvewinwrubv rn'p.rwvi'bwvewinwrubv rn'p.rwvi'bwvewinwrubv rn'p.rwvi'bwvewinwrubv rn'p.rwvi'bwvewinwrubv rn'p.rwvi'bwvewinwrubv rn'p.rwvi'bwvewinwrubv rn'p.rwvi'bw
Education is very good here. But if you're looking for an ultimate "college" experience probably not the best school since student life is minimal and the athletics are eh. The location is really cool once you get out to see a lot of fun things to do. You do have to drive a lot though to get anywhere. Bring your car. Weekends are very very quiet here.
CSU Channel Islands is a small school but offers the feel of a large university. My time spent here has been beneficial to me in ways such as my academic knowledge and social interactions. The small feel gives off the essence of a home community which is what you want out of a university.
CSU Channel Islands has a beautiful campus and great weather. The teachers and admin are always willing to help guide you and make you feel welcome. The students are friendly and work together. I also love hanging out with my classmates after school at the beach which is only 10 minutes away.
Absolutely loved CSUCI. Class sizes are less than 50. Teachers are understanding and care about your education. One thing they could improve is athletics.
Start Your Review of California State University - Channel Islands
Campus is small and cozy but there is still plenty to keep you busy. There is also plenty to do offsite, the location is amazing. Academics are thorough and growing in all majors.
CSU Channel Islands is a small (but growing) university that provides the opportunity for close relationships with both peers and professors. This school is diverse and also open-minded when it comes to the needs of the students on campus. Also, it is a truly beautiful campus.
As a student who lived on camps, I enjoyed the small community that one joins while attending Cal State Channel Islands. This campus is perfect for those who enjoy smaller classes and more one on one communications with their professors.