California State University - Channel Islands Reviews

This school is by far amazing, this was actually my first choice. I really like the classroom sizes compared to other Cal States. Also, the environment of the school feels very friendly, I consider it to be my second home. I have met some amazing friends and professors whom I get along with very well. I definitely don't regret choosing this University.
I enjoy how small and connected our campus is. It's nice when your professors know who you are and care.
I haven't started yet. I haven't started yet. I haven't started yet. I haven't started yet. I haven't started yet. I haven't started yet. I haven't started yet.
Start Your Review of California State University - Channel Islands
What I loved about CSUCI, is the diversity and student involvement. As an incoming freshman, I found my place right away by joining clubs and organizations that got me connected with the school.
I love the campus! It's a wide open place where many students seem to enjoy. The staff and the students are very friendly. The campus in general is so clean. The campus is quite orginized and I love how there is a police station on campus. It allows us students to feel safe and you're even able to call them if you have any questions!
The classroom sizes are small and you're able to get more help from your professor. The bad thing about this school is that its separated from the city.
What I like about California State University Channel Islands is that it has a heavy focus on my major, which is Liberal Studies. This campus is also really quiet and has very small class sizes. Each class has less than twenty students in it. I feel like some changes that need to be made at California State University Channel Islands is that it could add more athletics and the Financial Aid Department isn't really concerned about students' needs in my own personal experience.
I love going to channel islands there is so much opportunity in building an university here. I am part of the oldest sorority on campus (Zeta Pi Omega) and it has shaped my experience at CI to get out of my comfort zone and embrace this school for what it is.
The campus is so beautiful, it's more of a farm like environment away from the city everyone is so nice, the only problem is there isn't enough parking for commuters
Class sizes are small which allows you to interact with professors better. The campus looks nice and there are some good spots to hang out at. Also, the weather is really nice almost all the time. A downside is that parking permits may seem a bit expensive.
The parking situation needs to be looked into more and a high priority. Would like to see more food options, especially healthier ones.
I love Cal State Channel Islands Although it is small. There is one soroity on campus and the food is pretty amazing.
This school is so student centered. What I mean by this is that the professors really take the time to help you if you have any questions or need help. Everyone is so kind and the campus is beautiful.
Overall, CSUCI is a very good school considering how inexpensive it is compared to most universities. The school is surrounded by farms, but outside of that you have Camarillo, Oxnard, Thousand Oaks, and Ventura all pretty nearby. LA and Santa Barbara are also about an hour away, and the beach is a short drive away. Despite being a small and somewhat remote school, there are great professors. Professors that I know include Dr. Sohn, former CFO at Wells Fargo and Vice Chairman at Forever 21, Claudio Paiva, worked for the IMF for 12 years, and Rhonda Rodrigues, accountant for Hewlett-Packard. Library is new, campus is beautiful, and food is good. 4.5/5 stars
My experience at cal state Channel Islands so far has been pretty good. I'm not much of a party person. So, I like that I don't feel preacher to party but, for my friends who do like to party there are still parties for them to go to. The school also has a very nice small town feeling that I love.
I am a 2nd year at CSUCI and this school is pretty much home for me. The staff, and students are some the the nicest people I have met. It is a campus that runs at a slower pace in a way that makes me appreciate everyday that I am here. I have made many friends and even joined some clubs this year. It is truly beautiful, close to the beach and lots of agriculture. Did I mention that it has paranormal activity too? Because it definitely does. However, even though this school is one the younger campuses of the CSU's it is just lovely and super family orientated. It is very peaceful and the scenery personally helps me when I do get stressed out. I wouldn't have wanted to end up any else!
Great college, especially for first generation students. Diverse in more than just culture but in ways that you actually feel like a community within the school. professors and staff are welcoming to the new and soon to be greatest csu
Start Your Review of California State University - Channel Islands
I was a transfer student. I transferred to one other school before coming to CI. Counselors were greta and the dean really helped me with accepting classes from other colleges which is not always he case as I had previous problems with that before. The teacher are great as well! I've received my best grades there because it is a nice small school environment which means you can get a lot of help! Overall it is a great school and I would recommend it.
Channel Islands is small campus local to the city of Camarillo. The campus is very clean and is fairly new, with more improvements on the way. Parking is definitely an issue with the school's population doubling in the past year and no new parking structures implemented. Classes are small and easy to get into. If you are wait-listed for a class, odds are you will get in. Having on campus police 24/7 is very reassuring to both students and parents, especially being that our campus is located in such a rural area. Overall it is a good campus, not the true university experience that a large university offers, but perfect for students who wish to stay focused and have classes easily accessible.
CSUSI is an awesome school. I am from Northern California and always thought I would want to go to college in Southern California. When I was accepted at CI, I was so excited. When touring colleges, I knew the second I stepped foot on CI's campus that it was where I wanted to be. Now in my third year at CI, I feel as if it is home. I have made so many friends and close relationships with Professors and learned so much. I have been given so many opportunities at CI and discovered my future career here- a Pediatric Occupational Therapist. I love CI's small campus and small class sizes. It's like getting a private education at a public price!! I have also lived on campus all 3 years and plan to stay my fourth year, I absolutely love it! Overall, I couldn't be more happy with my choice to attend CI.