California State University - Bakersfield Reviews

1,013 reviews
The best part about CSUB is the academics because most of the professors in this campus are really passionate about their subjects and are really there to lend out a hand to students. Another great aspect about CSUB are the students in terms of being extremely friendly and always helping one another whenever another is struggling. Because most of the students who attend CSUB live near, there is not much life in the school, and there are very few clubs that students can join in on.
The campus is beautiful and the staff is very caring of their students. The students are dedicated to their studies as well as bettering the campus, we have monthly campus cleanups. The teachers are dedicated to teaching and bettering their students, the classes are small and you are able to connect with the professors and better your education.
So far I have enjoyed the atmosphere at CSUB. It is close to home and has many trees, giving it a beautiful scenery. The professors are also very helpful and understanding. If you don't care too much about he party college life, CSUB is for you. Very peaceful.
Start Your Review of California State University - Bakersfield
I love CSUB. I think it is such an underrated university, and it is so beautiful and green. The faculty in my department were always so encouraging and helpful, not to mention, intelligent and incredibly knowledgeable about their academic discipline. The facilities are not what you would perhaps find in other more prestigious universities, and I wish CSUB had postgraduate studies available, but as a Bakersfield native, I saved a lot of money going here! I feel very confident about the education I received and I feel great about my degree.
Good school with decent classes and tuition. Campus life is a bit average, but there are things to get involved in. Class sizes are decent, and professors are great.
My experience at CSUB has been amazing. The staff is very helpful and the professors are always willing to help you understand the material. Housing staff are always informative and are willing to help send direct us if we need help paying our remaining balance without falling behind. Campus police is always available and are willing to walk with you to your car to make sure you are safe.
It has been a good experience with regards to professors and other students. Although miss information from the offices do tend to disrupt the flow of a new students' schedule.
CSU Bakersfield has offered me the privilege of earning my degree, and it is my desire to pursue a graduate degree on the same campus. CSU Bakersfield values diversity and inclusivity and the efforts of the student body reflect that.
I have really enjoyed the professors that I have met through out my experience at CSUB. They are all extremely helpful and educated. However, I do not appreciate that the financial aid office has students working rather than adults. Sometimes they are not qualified to answer certain questions and it makes solving a problem more difficult than need be.
Cal State offers many opportunities to get involved in the school. They also offer help to students who seek it.
This university is awesome! Everyone on campus is super friendly and the staff truly cares about the students. Campus is always clean and there are lots of opportunities to join clubs and meet new people. Great atmosphere.
Overall i think Bakersfield is an excellent college. I feel like my safety and education really matters there.
The atmosphere is amazing. You have to remember it's in the middle of no where basically just a lot of farm land. It can get really hot or cold depending on the time of day.
The campus is fairly small so it is easy to navigate around. There are also a lot of extra curricular activities to partake in and classes are pretty simple to get in to. My one recommendation would be to make professors more available during office hours. I've only had one or two experiences with professors not being available during designated times but it was only a slight inconvenience during the time. Overall, I love this school and I plan on staying all 4 years.
I've enjoyed the class sizes, ability to communicate with my peers and professors, and social experience.
CSUB is a great place to further your education! The advisors here are amazing. They help guide you through your college years, it’s a great school to attend.
amazing school. staff is very helpful. I'm freshly disabled with spinal cancer, and was informed that theres a disability help office for students like my self, who need and extra hand not only in school, but life as a whole.
Start Your Review of California State University - Bakersfield
Throughout my four years at CSUB, all of my professors have provided an amazing education experience.
The professors are knowledgeable. The campus is in the surrounded by various stores, and restaurants.
My experience at Cal State Bakersfield has been pretty good so far. The environment is a good place and there is a lot offered on campus to get involved. The only bad part is the food, there is not much you can just grab quickly and eat on the go. There is a few places on campus but in my opinion they are pretty pricey. There is one food truck but it is on the other side of the campus and not easily accessible. Professors are pretty nice and understanding from my own experience and from what i have heard from other students. I am glad i stayed in town because Cal State Bakersfield has been a good experience for me.