California State University - Bakersfield Reviews

I have taken a class at CSUB and the environment is a beautiful place to be. The people there are so nice that they helped me find what building to go to.
Overall, California State University has been a great school. I've gotten the opportunity to be myself and challenge myself in every way possible. CSUB is quite a small campus, but it's full of great people. The professors that I've had have all been great. California State University, Bakersfield is very diverse with many different type of people. I was definitely able to fit in. There are a variety of different clubs and organizations to be part of. CSUB is located near plenty of shopping centers and cafes where students are able to study or share some company with friends. This University is everything I've expected and even more.
The CSUB campus is not huge so it is very easy to get around and very hard to get lost. The campus has many features such as; the SRC, where many activities are always taking place, and the library, where many students come together to study in groups or study alone in a quiet environment. Professors are great in updating blackboard with announcements and assignments for students.
Start Your Review of California State University - Bakersfield
Overall CSUB is a great school to attend if you're interested on a peace and quite setting. Though I've had a stressful situation, I wasn't able to graduate on fall 2017 because I missed it by .6 of a unit which I was notified two days before their spring semester started and no I have to enroll and still pay for some of my tuition fee which is absurd because its their job to notify students on time to be prepared.
I love the atmosphere of the campus and its people. The only thing I would probably comment on fixing is advisor schedules. I lost a semester because I was not a freshman and they couldn't see me till after the date that we couldn't add anymore classes.
It's a studious place and everyone seems to know what they want to do and how to get there. And if you don't, any of the teachers are pretty willing to talk to you about it and help you out. There's a good variety of teachers and students alike, and once you have a major you'll get to know your classmates fairly quickly. CSUB isn't really a party school, but it's fun in its own right.
California State University of Bakersfield is a very resourceful and helpful place that has made my college experience an easy one. The professors are great and class sizes are not very big. The only thing I would change is the parking permit prices.
California State University Bakersfield is a growing commuter college that attracts a lot of individuals from other areas due to it being less expensive compared to many other CSU's. Although it does not have a strong student life for individuals to connect with their college on a memorable level, my experience there was satisfying knowing that I was going to receive a degree.
I was afraid that I wouldn't fit in my first semester but I was glad to make new friends, have a good relationship with my professors and achieve a great ending for the semester. I really like that everyone gets along here and no one feels left out. I would like to see more people socializing with one another because it's important to talk to each other, even as strangers. We're all on the same path and we all share the same goals in life and I'm sure we can relate on many levels if we simply TALK to one another. Overall, my experience here at CSU Bakersfield is great and I'm glad I made the right choice to stay.
California state university tries very hard to interact with there students. They have many activities and events on campus to keep everyone interested and interested. It would be great if there was more announcements about these events.
Small class sizes and most professors are interested in educating.

Financial aid office is the worst at getting a response.
I loved the History department. Top notch professors and yet really push you in the area of writing.
After completing my first semester at California State University Bakersfield, I have found myself very happy with my choice in college. I have had a great experience in the short time i have been here, not only with my education, but with the overall environment that comes with being a student here. The professors are generous with their time, patience, and commitment to every student's education. The smaller campus and student to faculty ratio is appealing as well as being in the heart of California. Only two hours from the beach and two and a half hours from the glorious Sequoia National Forest, Bakersfield has been a great experience and I am happy to have came here.
California State University Bakersfild is a great school everybody treats everyone like a family member.
My experience at the California State University of Bakersfield has been great. This school tries to help every student, for example, I was not eligible to go to CSUB but there was a program that I had to go for two weeks and it was called EOP. EOP stands for Educational Opportunity Program and if it was not for this program I would not be going to CSUB. This program was like going to college for two weeks. We had to move in and we had a class schedule from 8:00 to 2:00 and in between classes we had breaks and lunch. CSUB has tutoring available for every student that needs it, and the best part of it is that its free. Another great thing about CSUB is the professors, the professor put in a lot of effort in teaching their students, they also enjoy helping students on a individual level. I love CSUB and I'm happy I got accepted to be a roadrunner. One thing I would change about CSUB is they should put more benches for students to sit.
My experience at this university has been well so far. My only complaint would be that classes are cancelled often, at least for me.
Generally a great school. Nothing too big to complain about. Professors have awesome and so have the school events. Can't wait for 3 more years
Start Your Review of California State University - Bakersfield
It's cool environment. I would tell to many people to go there. There is nothing really special about the school. They can do a lot better with things there
It is a nice warming school. Faculty and students respect one another. It is underrated on the university system. You will get a great education there.
I didn't like it so much, i feel the school doesn't have so much to offer, no research position or pre-health advising offered