California State University - Bakersfield Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Students also applied to ...
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.72 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.74 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.74 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management315 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities221 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies120 Graduates
Early Childhood Education104 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies74 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.81 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.103 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.47 responses
Colleges like California State University - Bakersfield
- CBakersfield College
- 4 Year
- Bakersfield, CA
- 1,002 reviews
- BCalifornia State University - Fresno
- 4 Year
- Fresno, CA
- 2,366 reviews
- C+California State University - Dominguez Hills
- 4 Year
- Carson, CA
- 1,567 reviews
- B-California State University - Channel Islands
- 4 Year
- Camarillo, CA
- 889 reviews
California State University - Bakersfield Reviews
I love CSUB. I think it is such an underrated university, and it is so beautiful and green. The faculty in my department were always so encouraging and helpful, not to mention, intelligent and incredibly knowledgeable about their academic discipline. The facilities are not what you would perhaps find in other more prestigious universities, and I wish CSUB had postgraduate studies available, but as a Bakersfield native, I saved a lot of money going here! I feel very confident about the education I received and I feel great about my degree.
I love many things about my school and I’m proud to say I’m a runner but a few things really have made my experience great. The things that stands out to me right away is all of the great teachers and staff, you’d think that a small university wouldn’t have as many diverse professors but CSUB does. Every single one of my professors has been more than helpful, and has been so invested in helped their students. The teacher to student ratio is about 1:30 and that really matters, having a smaller classroom size allows the teachers to become more personal with their students and give one on one help. Another thing I love about CSUB are the amenities. The school gym is fully equipt and easy enough to get a good session in between classes. The student union is planning to expand and make for more available options for students and that is all because the students spoke up and voted on that. I think it’s amazing that we the students have a voice in the school and the community!
Some professors definitely aren’t good and don’t know how to explain things. Some of the advisors aren’t good at getting back to you in a timely manner. Other than that everything is great! They do have some really great, engaging professos, who i love.