California State Polytechnic University - Pomona Reviews

2,695 reviews
Overall this school is amazing!!!! The scenery, he hosing, the vibe, the people. I can go on and on. Everyone that I know that goes there is very, very happy.
The student's are very welcoming and friendly. It is so helpful to have a shuttle that will help students get from place to place. The student clubs are very active.
Amazing school, they offer a huge amount of services and amenities for their students. The professors are extremely knowledgeable and passionate about their areas of study.
Start Your Review of California State Polytechnic University - Pomona
Cal Poly Pomona fosters a great learn by doing atmosphere which I find particularly helpful in helping along my success within my academic career. If you don't just want to learn things by the books, but by actually doing them yourself, this school may be the right fit for you.
I like the environment here at Cal Poly Pomona, it is very calm and laid back. The faculty are pretty great, and the school offers a lot of resources and activities. Thing I wish they would improve are dorm conditions. I pay $17,000 to live in the dorm and they are filthy. The clean the showers maybe once a month and they don't do a very thorough job. Over the weekends, the bathroom run out of toilet paper, and the showers are barely warm. Most of the time I have to take semi-warm water showers in a freezing bathroom.
Honestly, I am not a big fan of my school. I feel as if there is not a lot of diversity, nor are there individuals who I can connect with well. However, that may also be because I am very introverted. I know that I need to get out of my comfort zone and reach out to other people, but I dislike doing that.
Overall i love attending Cal Poly and am very happy with my choice to attend. The main improvements I would like to see is better sorting with teachers since there are plenty of students who aren't satisfied with having to take a bad professor because it's their only option for that class they need.
It's a good school, the engineering department is amongst the best schools. There are a lot of internship and job opportunities available to us here, many companies look for cpp graduates. The campus is decent, it is located on a hilly terrain, the library had 6 floors where you can study, there's a decent variety of restaurants on campus, and there's not much to do near or around campus, so it helps to keep students focused in school.
I love the campus and the environment of nature. I am in love with their animal sciences and pre-vet programs because they are the best
I have had an overall great experience at Cal Poly Pomona. I think the diversity is well-rounded, the teachers are not too difficult and are willing to help you if needed. There is a wide range of food to select from but I feel like there could be other options added to it.
I am extreamly happy at CalPoly. The school has so many programs to help students reach their academic and personal goals. I’ve used their chemistry and English advising program and they were helpful. I love the landscape and the view of the horses, sheep, goats, and cows.
I like going to Cal Poly Pomona. The connections that I have made in this campus makes my experience worthwhile. The fact that I have made friends with people in the dining commons is pretty good. The dorm room I am living is pretty nice. It is my first year and I am still trying to figure out what I am doing with my life. The only downside is that I have to pay for everything and I need more money to do that; I also don't have a job.
Located in Pomona, CA. it is a little bit far from Cerritos, however, worth the drive. Going to classes and parking may be a trek, but it is a small exercise endured by all.
My older brother and sister went here, the campus is beautiful and near many places to go to. The students are very diverse and friendly.
The student community is very supportive and friendly. The professors are willing to help and usually respond to inquires in a timely manner.
Cal Poly Pomona is a great campus especially if your an animal lover. Their buildings are for the most part pretty new and modern. In my opinion, nothing really beats there learning by doing school model. What the school can benefit from is some additional parking since the majority of the students are commuters.
When I started my first day at Cal Poly, it was my first day seeing the campus. I fell in love. Not only are the students very nice but the teachers and staff are amazing. "Leaning by Doing" is the best way to describe Cal Poly
Start Your Review of California State Polytechnic University - Pomona
Very farm like goats, horses and cows lots of them. New buildings are coming and changes like for example the new parking lot and new student building. Huge space to have picnics in the quad. The students make coming to Cal Poly Pomona so enjoyable!
Fun school. The only school that I know that has "U-Hour," otherwise known as University Hour. An hour on Tuesdays and Thursdays where no one has class. Lots of activities and games during that time.
CPP is a great school not to big we're one might get lost. Campus is great. Great weather. Professor are good. A lot of hands on work. I really enjoy CPP.