California State Polytechnic University - Pomona Reviews

2,632 reviews
I am a Freshman as of right now in Cal Poly and i am about to finish as well. So as my first year almost done in Cal Poly, i got to say i really do enjoy coming here. Cal Poly is a very green and beautiful school, and i especially love the amount of help they provide for students including tutoring, essay checks, etc. One thing they can work on that i could only think of is trying to get there clubs out there more.
The campus is very nice, and the university offers a lot. Everyone on campus is so nice and chill, there are many spots to just go and study.
I have loved my year at Cal Poly Pomona, Everyone is so nice and there are a lot of places on campus to hang out, relax, and sleep. I loved all of my classes and professors. However, I am in the super old doors so that is not super great but I am able to live on campus. The only thing I do not like about campus is that I believe that we need now crosswalks around campus, like by the police station and crossing over to the AMM building
Review California State Polytechnic University - Pomona
It is a diverse college filled with even more diverse thinking. It is a commuter campus which means most student commute from somewhere not on campus for class so the crickets do party most nights on campus
Cal Poly Pomona is a great school with a lot of diversity in terms of classes and people. They have a beautiful campus and very strong academic programs.
I like Cal poly pomona because the motto is learn by doing so everything is hands on. Cal poly pomona for the next 5 to 10 years will change a lot academically but also the whole school will be remodeled. The professor are very helpful and have so much knowledge.
My first year experience at Cal Poly Pomona has been fantastic so far. The community is always friendly and looking to help with anything. There are many resources available throughout the school year to help with getting an internship, on-campus jobs, career fairs, tutoring, community service activities, and events to help destress for midterms and finals. Cal Poly Pomona has exceeded my expectations of going to college.
Cal Poly Pomona is a great school, hands on learning allows students to gain a better understanding of the subjects and to have hands on experience in the field. It is known for its Agriculture and Engineering programs. Professors go above and beyond to make sure students are learning.
So far, I've had an awesome experience at Cal Poly Pomona. I definitely think it's an underrated school. Cal Poly has given me so many opportunities to excel as both an individual and student. The diversity here makes everyone feel welcomed, and the professors I've had have shown that they really care about their students. I joined Greek Life on campus as well, which has really helped me to make friends and meet new people, since I am from the Daly City/SF area. It's also pushed me to get involved on campus and fundraise for a bunch of great philanthropies and causes. I'm a part of Chi Omega (Beta Kappa chapter) and am constantly surrounded by ambitious, hardworking women who inspire me to become a better person every day.

Our campus food is okay. That's probably the only thing I would change. There's not much of a variety compared to other schools. Other than that, I give Cal Poly 5 stars for making my first year of college the most memorable learning experience of my life.
Currently I am a Junior at Cal Poly Pomona. My experience at this Cal State has been a journey filled with knowledge and comfort. I enjoy being able to study in a "home" like environment and being surrounded by an open diverse campus. There are a variety of characteristics that I like about Cal Poly such as the ethnic diversity, the programs that provide help for students having difficulty in certain subjects, and the teaching staff. The only change I would like to see is more students attending our Cal State University so they could start their own educated and successful journey at Cal Poly Pomona.
My time in CPP has been great so far. They take "Learn by doing" seriously by having very hands on work. Helps me pick it up faster.
I really enjoy my time here at cal poly Pomona. Thanks to its low tuition cost I am able to attend this college and scrape by on my own. Some things that I think needs some improvement is that some professors need to be reviewed to see if they meet the campuses teaching standards. This isn't a major problem only a minor one.
I am a transfer student and I can say that I have enjoyed my two years at CPP. The psychology professor are so nice and have a lot of knowledge to offer to their classes and provide a lot of insight on their experiences as professionals in their field
I loved my time at Cal Poly! It is such a beautiful campus and I always enjoyed being on campus. A lot of the buildings just got updated with fresh paint and amenities, the new BRICK is amazing, and there's tons of food choices on campus. Although it's a big campus, it's easy to get around especially with the Bronco Express. I know they're planning on building a new student center building and expanding housing options too. I enjoyed all my courses and don't think I can complain about too many professors. All the staff and faculty in my department (psychology and sociology) were amazing to work with and very helpful. I would definitely recommend Cal Poly!
At Cal Poly Pomona I found my identity. It was the best investment that I have made for myself. I met friends that became my family and staff that became my mentors. I would recommend this school to absolutely everyone. We pride ourselves in diversity and has several cultural centers based off gender, enthicities, nationality, disibility, and sexual orientation. I am proud to call myself a Bronco!
I enjoyed my time attending Cal Poly Pomona. I thought that the campus was easy to navigate, scenery was beautiful, food options were decent, and teachers were above average. Some of the buildings could use updating, however the hands-on teaching outlook really helps post-graduation.
The campus is beautiful at this school and because it is an agricultural school, they have many incentives to keep the campus looking nice, however they are mostly lacking in good food. the food at this school is just complete garbage and for a college this should not be the case. They use cheap ingredients for the main common where the majority of freshman eat .
Review California State Polytechnic University - Pomona
I love the campus. It is a beautiful campus and it has some of the best professors in the state. They have open office hours and are willing to help every student out. Some bad things are the parking situation and class availability.
Our motto is "learn by doing". Cal Poly truly lives up to this motto. As a future teacher, I had multiple opportunities provided by my classes, professors, and clubs to go out into schools and get a feel of what it was like to be a teacher. Most of the professors are very invested in your future and will do what they can to help you succeed. Although my major is one of the smaller ones on campus, there is still such a strong community that will support you, which is one of the things I absolutely love about this university.
I enjoyed many of my classes and my interactions with professors, as well as other students. However, administratively, this college is more than lacking.