California Lutheran University Reviews

1,027 reviews
Being a small private school makes relationships between student and professor much more personal. Communication is very easy among the school and they provide many activities and opportunities for the students to set them up on the right career path.
California Lutheran University has been such a wonderful experience for me. The administrators and staff work to make the college challenging and fun at the same time.
I have the opportunity to work with the Study Abroad Department to gain to go abroad and gain a global perspective while earning credits towards my degree.
So far, the experience here, since my enrollment has been smooth and truly helped me develop my path in life. The classes and its teachers goal is to allow us students, to grow and become a part in a very diverse world, in our own ways.
Start Your Review of California Lutheran University
California Lutheran University is a great school with an incredible campus. Since it is a small school you get to meet a lot of nice people. You also get to know your professors who are there to help you.
CLU is the perfect school if you're looking for small class sizes with teachers that are more than willing to help you succeed. The campus is small enough that you recognize faces where ever you may go, but will always seem to make new friends
California Lutheran University has provided me with all the necessary tools to be successful in my academics as well after graduation. They have also given me the opportunity to conduct undergraduate research which could potentially benefit greatly once I apply to graduate programs. Over all, Cal Lutheran is a friendly, caring, and welcoming campus.
I have a cousin who attends California Lutheran. When visiting the school, I really enjoyed the sense of community, and diversity. My cousin really enjoys the school. He says it is filled with intellectual professors, fun activities such as intramural sports, and many different activities.
My Dad went to California Lutheran University and he took me to visit the campus over Summer, and I do have to say I was very impressed on how bautifl it is. They had plenty of activities and the building were amazing.
California Lutheran University has a tremendous staff who care deeply for your success during and after your stay at the school. The small-sized campus makes for a feel-good, community-like dynamic in which everybody is accepted and celebrated for who they are. The academics are above average as each professor provides in-depth academia in which they are very passionate about. The smaller class sizes allow for a more intimate setting for students to develop relationships with not just fellow students, but also with their professors. The atmosphere of the entire campus is fresh and welcoming. Personally, it has been very easy getting to know new people whom I have built great relationships with already. Overall, California Lutheran University is a place for people who want to feel at home and feel like they can make an impact on their school.
California Lutheran is a wonderful, safe college with caring professors , thought provoking courses, and just all sorts of great things. It is a smaller campus, but the facilities are top notch. Dorm rooms are huge and have beautiful courtyards. The food is healthy and delicious. I feel that it is underrated as a B+. Consider this university !
Although it is a very small school, it is nice how closely relative everything is. I like how close everyone is at this school and how friendly everyone is. The dorms are pretty nice. It is a lot having five people in one room for freshman, but there is a nice living room. The study rooms are nice to escape to. There are many places to study and do homework.
It is a very safe campus, area being ranked the second safest city of America. It’s very small so if you are looking for an escape from the tedious lifestyle of heavily crowded city, this place is a haven. On the other hand, studies are average. The history department is the most competitive andpopular majors are biology, business and psychology. Only professors teach classes (no grads).Small teacher student ratio so personal interactions.Studies are not academically challenging. Minimum campus diversity. Student life is incredibly dull. There are not a lot of student activities and no party life. As an international student myself I find the place incredibly monotone. There is literally one shopping center in the entire city if you want to go shopping. However,LA and the beach are 45-60mins away. Dorms are small and they don’t take roommate preference into account. On the whole, I give Cal Lutheran a 3 star rating.
The professors here are amazing. Small class sizes (and department sizes) allow you really to get to know your professors, and it's clear that they genuinely care about you. The campus is absolutely beautiful and has great vibes. The new cafeteria has incredible food, and most of the dorms are spacious and comfortable. My only complaint is that I wish it were bigger; sometimes clubs die out because not enough people come to them, and I wish I could get to know more people with similar interests. Overall, though, great experience so far.
I am in love with the campus and surrounding area. You can walk around anywhere at one in the morning and feel one hundred percent safe. I am never worried about my safety on campus, and you definitely get what you pay for. I would like to see some more passion from some faculty and professors, as well as more student diversity. Overall, this university is amazing and definitely worth every penny I spend.
Cal Lu gave me an exceptional education with the help of many great professors. My professors have all been understanding and caring when it came to my education, you are not just a number in a lecture hall. The one downfall is the lack of Greek life making you miss out on the “typical college experience.”
I really enjoy the campus and the students, if you want to be involved you can be as involved as you want. There are many internship opportunities, and people to help.
Its small school, extremely expensive and diverse. The town of thousand oaks is very nice and so is the campus. However, it seems that it lacks in educational value. I feel that I had to put more effort into my studies at a community college.
Start Your Review of California Lutheran University
I love cal lutheran because it is so diverse and everyone on campus is super friendly. I would personally like to see growth in the film and art departments!
CalLu is an overall pretty great school. The professors seem to really care about their students success and personhood. The campus is beautiful, but the food is BAD. Ullman is okay on some days but generally not very good and I always feel sluggish afterwards.
I had a great experience at FLU. It is true that it is a small, friendly campus, and you can certainly make the most of your time there with a variety of activities, study abroad opportunities, clubs and internships. If you lean into it you can fill your 4 years with a wide mix of academic and social experiences .