1. Tanner, AL
  2. 2 Year

Calhoun Community College Reviews

Calhoun is overall a good school. Advising counselors are extremely helpful. All of my professors are very wise and more than willing to help their students.
I love being at Calhoun Community College. It is one of the best community colleges in this area, in my opinion. I have joined honor societies and clubs and organizations that reflect my abilities and interests. I do not know of one thing that I would change about this campus.
I love the overall atmosphere of the campus. The instructors were great and always helpful. They could improve in the advising center such as the advisors listening to the actual questions you ask and answering them. But, overall my experience has been great.
I'm still attending and have currently only taken one class but the professor was awesome. The campus is very nice and clean. I think one thing I would like to see change is possibly more things for students to do like more clubs and campus activities.
I love our new buildings and faculty. The only part I don't like is the fact we don't have food on campus. Its a pain to bring your own if you will be in class all day. And definitely not feasible to drive 20 minutes away if your class starts in 15 minutes.
Really good for dual enrolling and getting some hours in before going to a bigger school. That is what I am doing anyway. There are a lot of people there who are there for an associates and other higher learning as well. And the staff are really nice people.
Calhoun usually gets a bad rap as being "Grade 13" for a lot of local students. For many, it can be, but for someone wanting to transfer or get an education on a budget, you can't go wrong. Because it is so cost effective, it gives you a little more wiggle room with changing your major, making it a great starting point post high school!
I have no trouble with flexibility of my classes
Easier to manage when dealing with a busy lifestyle
Everyone is excited to help with post-grad services!
  • College Senior
  • Value
The teachers are flexible with their teaching style
Faculty and students are very evolved with others
  • College Senior
  • Value
It's busy, but is preparation for the real world!
I love the dedication the professors have!
Calhoun has done a very good job as far as flexibility goes.
I am only in second semester at Calhoun, so I do not know much about their post-grad services.
  • College Junior
  • Value
I have taken three online courses at Calhoun, one of which was over the summer, and I have found them to be easy, entertaining, and educational.
so far, my academic experience has been very positive, and I have learned a lot of new things since enrolling at Calhoun.
So far, Calhoun has been a wonderful school with a large variety of classes and very helpful staff.
Calhoun does offer a career services program for its students and they also host job fairs as well.
  • College Junior