Calhoun Community College Reviews

I did not know much about Calhoun until my senior year in high school when some friends told me about them going to Calhoun. I found out that Calhoun could get me my basic degree and then I would be able to move up in my career path. They have some great counselors that are willing to help and show you the correct path to take. The teachers that are there will help you in anyway that they can and show in interest in your success. This is a friendly environment that I enjoy to go to on my days of classes. I also enjoy the ability to set up the times and days you would like to go to class. If you are like me and have to work to be able to go to college, you are able to set up your classes to work around your work schedule which is very convenient for me and many other students attending Calhoun. I would definitely recommend, and have in the past, this school for people who are wanting to get a great education and learn something great.
My overall experience with Calhoun Community College deserves 4 stars out of 5. This can be backed by the small class sizes the ensure more individual learning and one-on-one availability with the teachers. From my experience, most of the teachers care about their students and do as much in their power to see us succeed. However, several things keep Calhoun Community College from quite the 5-star rating. The financial aid department is lacking in communication and overall availability for student. Also, the student life is lacking, but I can tell they are doing their best to improve. Overall, Calhoun Community College is definitely a great choice and the cheap expense is enough in itself to satisfy any student!
My first semester was positive. For the most part, my core class professors were very good. The area is easy to navigate between classes. There are many ways advertised to get involved if one chooses.
Start Your Review of Calhoun Community College
At first I was nervous about starting college. But I got the chance to attend the Fast Track program over the summer. It was great, I got to improve my reading and math skills, I got to go ahead and take orientation, I learned my way around campus, and it was all free. That is one reason why Calhoun is a good school. I really do enjoy Calhoun. There are so many great student sources on campus. tutoring is free and campus police are on patrol all day. Students always get emails about food service, job openings, and other important updates and announcements.
Calhoun is a great school. Going here from high school is not too hard of a transition. I have not had a bad professor yet; I enjoy all my classes thoroughly.
Calhoun Community College meets the needs of students and individuals looking to go to school there. Their resources are helpful and easy to find. Advisers as well as Admissions are also helpful resources if you fail to find what you're looking for on Calhoun's website. One possible change that could be made is their older building on the Huntsville Campus. It needs an upgrade.
Calhoun Community College is a great school to consider for your two year degree! The teachers and professors are kind and incredibly helpful!
Calhoun Community College is a good two year college to attend, everyone is helpful, a great working and learning environment.
I like how the college is relatively smaller than a few, but has multiple campuses. There's multiple ways to gain materials or sources for a paper of project, like a bookstore and linked-up libraries. The professors I've had thus far are really nice, necessarily challenging, and are open to listen to you as a student. I've attended 6 classes this semester, and I don't feel overwhelmed, the fact that a lot of our assignments are viewed through Blackboard makes doing work that much easier.

The student help center banner on the Calhoun page is very helpful, you can look at your PLAN, GPA, and many things. It's a good source of information whenever you most need it.

What I'd change could be something said for other colleges as well, but I wish the curriculum was stagnant. I've only been here for a semester, though I've encountered two to three different advisers who have different bits of information regarding what is necessary for classes and to work toward a degree.
Calhoun is my first college I am attending for my career and success for my life. So far the experience is amazing! The teachers care and are willing to give aid in any way they can. It was easy to sign up and get enrolled. The students are friendly, and the service is very organized. Being enrolled for not very long I have not experienced everything yet, therefore I have seen nothing that needs changing. Overall it is a excellent school I recommend for starting school!
Overall Calhoun is a very great school. It is also a very good option for many students that may struggle somewhere else.
I like that it is a local college and teachers are always available when needed. I also like the teacher student ratio.
Calhoun is a well-rounded community college. It's perfect for starting off your education. I'm pleased with the professors, the staff, and all that the school has offer.
I am a freshman at Calhoun Community College and classes just recently started this week. My experience with enrolling couldn't of been any easier. I got set up with an adviser right away and was explained everything I needed in order to be ready for classes. Step by step they took the time to explain any complications or confusions I had regarding financial aid and how to find my classes. They are very supportive and helpful when it comes to personal backgrounds, always finding a solution to any problem. It is a very friendly community and I was stress-free during the whole process, truly a breeze. I look forward to my two years at Calhoun! I highly recommend it as a community college whether you plan on transferring to a university or not.
This is the best place to start out your college career. It's affordable, and gets you ready for your next step in life!
My experience with Calhoun Community College has been amazing! The professors caring, they're willing to go out their way to help with anything.
Calhoun has been a great school. The staff is well trained and I feel like I'm getting the education I need at the Junior College level. There are many resources provided that helps with financial aid, choosing classes, and buying textbooks. These resources make it feel like the staff actually cares about their students.
Start Your Review of Calhoun Community College
Calhoun Community College offers a wide variety of college classes that can be taken in person or online. I would recommend that anyone interested in taking online classes take them at Calhoun Community College.
Calhoun community college is an excellent college for the pay. It allows one to receive an excellent degree minus the stringent prices.
Calhoun is overall a good school. Advising counselors are extremely helpful. All of my professors are very wise and more than willing to help their students.