Cabrillo College Reviews

Cabrillo college has a huge diversity of students: parents, elderly, young, and different races. It is a 4 minute drive from the beach so you can leave and take a breather. The professors are so understanding of any situations that might be going on in your life. Also, the student employment is great. They pay higher than minimum wage. There is a Watsonville campus that is smaller than the main campus in Aptos. The Watsonville campus mainly focuses on the general lower math and english classes. But, there is something connected with it that is named the digital nest. They are a company that works with young adults. Also, the Cabrillo library has two floors. On the second floor, you will find a place called the hub. The hub offers free tutoring to students for almost every subject. Overall, everyone at Cabrillo is very friendly. Random people will smile at you and say hey! I would highly recommend anyone to come here.
Cabrillo is a great stepping stone to start your education and to find out what your passionate about.
My college experience has been more than I could have imaged. Cabrillo College has given me the opportunity to learn and engage in my studies in a very creative way. I have met some amazing teachers whose passion for their work encourages me to continue in my own academic goals. Teachers are passionate about the subject they teach and make an effort to go above and beyond to make sure you understand the material. I have really enjoyed my time spent at Cabrillo and I feel that I’ve made the right choice being here. If could change something about Cabrillo it wold be to petition for affordable housing for their students as well as seeing more diversity on the campus.
Start Your Review of Cabrillo College
My experience at Cabrillo College was very good and I encourage many to go take a look for themselves. They provide so many different resources that can help a college student become successful. Their campus is very pretty and open to anyone it just has a welcoming feeling.
Cabrillo has an amazing campus with professors who enjoy what they do, and want to teach and help you understand. Being able to go at your own pace and not having to pay a ridiculous amount to attend made my experience here much more enjoyable. The courses are challenging and with small class sizes, you feel like you're getting more out of it.
The professors that I've had so far at Cabrillo have all been great individuals who genuinely care about your education. The campus makes me feel safe, the food at the cafeteria is pretty good, and there are many helpful resources available on campus. There isn't anything I would change about it Cabrillo.
Cabrillo is one of the best community colleges in California. The majority of the teachers are passionate, knowledgeable and engaging lectures and the on-campus Library, STEM Center and student gym are all excellent student resoruces.
Cabrillo has a lot of resources and everyone is very welcoming. There are many clubs on campus and we have amazing sports teams. I am a part of the Puente program which was created to help guide students who are trying to transfer and need help with guidance. I also joined EOPS which also helps transferring, counseling, and vouchers in addition EOPS helps with test scans, free waiver for applications for a couple Universities. Many people find it discouraging going to a community college rather than a university, however I believe that it is smart. Many of us cannot afford a university and four years only makes is a huge burden.
overall a postive environment, teachers are very intelligent and respectful. the energy is very carefree and self dependent. one of the best college campuses i have ever been on.
I like how the teachers reach out to help you and some tell you of great opportunity for the student to get financial aid. The staff tries to connect with you.
It's a nice environment I love this college and plus we always meet someone different in coumpus and it's very fun
For the most part, Cabrillo Community College lives up to its rank as one of the best community colleges in California. Cabrillo is home to some of the best professors I have encountered during my educational career. However, as a customer of Cabrillo, I found that many of the professors and counselors at Cabrillo did not provide the basic service expected of them. In lou of lectures, some professors choose to play Youtube videos for most classes. I have experienced professors that lose student's work, refuse to use resources (Canvas) that the college provides to help students, or coddle student's instead of preparing them for transfer.
I love Cabrillo College because it is a motivational place to be. All of my professors have been more than supportive and are great to help with students. They have a math and English tutoring center that is beyond helpful for students. I highly recommend going to this Community College and I'm so grateful that it's my college.
Cabrillo College has a beautiful campus and many wonderful professors. There are gorgeous ocean views from campus, and the school is centrally located in the Santa Cruz community. Cabrillo offers a wide array of classes in different formats and times in order to accommodate as many students as possible. Classes have been extremely affordable, especially as a California resident -- I've saved thousands of dollars by choosing to go to Cabrillo! All of my teachers have been awesome instructors and shown great care in my education. Santa Cruz is such a happy and gorgeous place to live, and going to school here has been unreal! With great classes and a beautiful town, what more can a student ask for?
As a STEM major, Cabrillo has helped me succeed academically via its challenging STEM courses and readily available resources. The STEM center, a designated study lounge for STEM majors, is full of resources whether it be tutoring or counseling. Free tutoring is available and the tutors are very knowledgeable. The instructors are intriguing and care about their students' success. One thing I would like to see change is the parking. Parking is terrible here. The garages fill up before 8am and are very tiny.
Honestly, I feel like Cabrillo College is an overall peaceful campus, everyone there is always nice and helpful, it definitely has a friendly welcoming environment and I would bet it’s one that is very unique compared to other college campuses.
Access to numerous resources in various fields makes acing classes here a breeze. One of my favorite resources is the stem center, where you can study, get tutored, and use the computers. The food is great, would definitely recommend the pho. Weathers typically really nice in Santa Cruz, and I haven't come across any unsafe situations. In terms of diversity I'm not really sure what their referring to here. I have no experience with athletics/dorms/partying. Great school that you'll get as much out of as you can put into it.
Start Your Review of Cabrillo College
It's my second year in this college and I love it!! The culture and student life that surrounds this college are just amazing. The counselors are also very helpful and are always there when you need help. Classes are amazing and the professors really show that they care. I'm studying for Early Childhood Education and this college has an amazing program for this especially for this major. It includes a child daycare in which students can go do observation and have practiced for teaching and making one's experience hours. Amazing College!! I love it!!!
The reason why Cabrillo College is such a diverse school is because this school welcomes everyone. The academics are top notch and the sports make events very exciting. This school is located in Aptos where you can find the mountains but also the beach. There are endless amounts of activities that a student can do outside of school.
I how much I'm learning, and how helpful professor are. I've learned so much since I started attending Cabrillo in 2016, Im looking forward on learning more. I'm excited for the fall semester to start because im register on and I'm taking classes that I'm excited about