Butler University Reviews

1,257 reviews
I wish they were more selective in admission here at Butler. For example, my roommate keeps saying that the reason that he came to Butler was to learn how to become a butler.
The things that I like about Butler University, is that there is something for everybody to get involved in no matter your interest. I also think that Butler University does a good job of challenging us academically. The thing that I wish Butler would do better at is making sure that the professors that they hire are passionate about teaching and are continuing to learn how to become a better professor. I feel that some of the professors at Butler University give off a vibe that they do not want to be here. Another thing is that the food in the dining halls at Butler is not up to standards. The students that are attending are paying a lot to go to Butler, but especially for the dining halls. The quality and variety of food should match the price that the students have to pay for it. Finally, Butler does do a nice job keeping the campus looking gorgeous. They are always making sure that the grass is cut, flowers and mulch look good, and our fountains are clean.
Butler University is great due to a wide array of reasons. The professors are personable and willing to help you in your respectable career field; they have great connections for internships. The campus is a great size, the university campus area is essentially its own little bubble. The location of Butler is also great because it's ten minutes away from downtown Indianapolis. I have no regrets and am extremely glad that I chose Butler to be my home for the next four years.
Start Your Review of Butler University
Great school, academically challenging. Professors push you to be the best you can be and challenge you to think critically with a wide variety of unique coursework. Great campus as well. Professors always have time to help you during office hours and small classes make it easy to build a relationship with your professors.
When I toured Butler University, I was quick to notice the beautiful and extensive campus as well as the academic excellence that seemed to surround Butler. There are many major options and not to mention the numerous available activities.
I have loved my experience thus far at Butler University. I have always felt welcomed and supported on this campus even before I was an actual admitted student. The atmosphere of the campus is very homey and inviting. In addition, Butler is very close to downtown Indianapolis and a variety of other attractions that bring tourists to Indiana's capital. I would highly recommend applying to this fantastic school because it has taught me so much already, and I am undoubtedly confident that I continue to grow each and every day because of the love and support I have received from the students, faculty, and alumni.
To be completely honest, I have never had the greatest experience with school until I attended Butler University. From quality of living and food, to safety and community, Butler satisfied everything There were so many opportunities academically, socially, and culturally. The faculty were kind and understanding, the teachers were phenomenal, the dormitories and the entire campus was kept clean every day. There are numerous resources to help students and the opportunities from being within Indianapolis made it all the better.
It is not too small, not too big school. The weather sometimes gets crazy, but other than that I enjoy going here. You can definitely create personal relationship with professors if wanted. They will know your name and face by the end of the week of class.
I love Butler University. The courses cater toward current social/political issues and have challenged me in growing in awareness of personal biases. It has assured me that the path I am taking in serving others will be a vital part of improving my community and those who are effected by it.
8 Butler students were robbed and gunpoint and the police didn’t even care. The police would rather punish students then keep them safe.
Overall going to Butler was a huge mistake. Don't get me wrong, the academics are excellent, basketball games are fun, and for the most part students are friendly and cool people. But the administration is ran by extremely old fashioned, strict, no-fun allowed type pricks. The police force is full of racist cops who don't care about anything but arresting kids for drinking and giving out parking tickets. And greek life is a huge divider on campus. Post rush week, nothing is the same.
I am a junior at Butler University and feel that the campus of care Butler promotes has made my three years here feel like home. Indianapolis is a great city to build connections and develop my professional career.
Butler has minimal diversity. It also has only one dining hall which doesn't always provide for people with dietary restrictions. With Butler being a small school, you have to know people to get into parties and BUPD is really crazy about catching people. The dorm I live in has no air conditioning and constantly has problems (leaks throughout the building, no hot water, clogged sinks, etc.), but this is the last year of the dorm, so first years don't need to worry about it. Butler has small class sizes which is certainly a positive for many people, but not my preference. There are a variety of strong majors and most of the professors I've had seemed truly invested in my education. Overall, many people like Butler, but it's not the school for me.
This is my first year on campus and it has been excellent. Butler has been very accommodating and has went far out of their way to see me succeed. The teachers truly care about their students and want to see them excel in every course they take. It has been a truly enjoyable experience and has made me feel right at home. The campus is gorgeous and there are plenty of study places, including plenty of 24 hour study places as well. There are tons of food options as well. Overall, I do not have any complaints so far with this campus.
I have absolutely loved my time here at Butler. The professors, for the most part, really do care about your education. Being in small classes really helped my learning.
I am a current student at Butler University. In the past two years they have built two new dorms along with a new parking garage and are currently building another academic building. The school works hard to accommodate to students and the athletics are very competitive and entertaining. The Butler family is very welcoming here!
The school is very small which I didn't know I liked. The teachers care a lot about your learning as well
Start Your Review of Butler University
Butler academics are the main reason that I chose to attend, as well as the great connections to internships that many of the professors have. Greek life is a major part of campus life, although during campus tours they make it seem like it isn't that important. Food is not that great, but they're building new dorms that might have food options.
Butler University wants to make you feel welcomed on their campus and wants you to succeed. The staff members are always available for help. Butler's campus is growing with a new business school and freshman dormitory underway. I am excited about these additions.
Butler University is a beautiful campus with lots of student life. They also offer great academics and sports programs.