Butler University Reviews

1,252 reviews
I have loved my experience thus far at Butler University. I have always felt welcomed and supported on this campus even before I was an actual admitted student. The atmosphere of the campus is very homey and inviting. In addition, Butler is very close to downtown Indianapolis and a variety of other attractions that bring tourists to Indiana's capital. I would highly recommend applying to this fantastic school because it has taught me so much already, and I am undoubtedly confident that I continue to grow each and every day because of the love and support I have received from the students, faculty, and alumni.
To be completely honest, I have never had the greatest experience with school until I attended Butler University. From quality of living and food, to safety and community, Butler satisfied everything There were so many opportunities academically, socially, and culturally. The faculty were kind and understanding, the teachers were phenomenal, the dormitories and the entire campus was kept clean every day. There are numerous resources to help students and the opportunities from being within Indianapolis made it all the better.
It is not too small, not too big school. The weather sometimes gets crazy, but other than that I enjoy going here. You can definitely create personal relationship with professors if wanted. They will know your name and face by the end of the week of class.
Start Your Review of Butler University
I love Butler University. The courses cater toward current social/political issues and have challenged me in growing in awareness of personal biases. It has assured me that the path I am taking in serving others will be a vital part of improving my community and those who are effected by it.
8 Butler students were robbed and gunpoint and the police didn’t even care. The police would rather punish students then keep them safe.
Overall going to Butler was a huge mistake. Don't get me wrong, the academics are excellent, basketball games are fun, and for the most part students are friendly and cool people. But the administration is ran by extremely old fashioned, strict, no-fun allowed type pricks. The police force is full of racist cops who don't care about anything but arresting kids for drinking and giving out parking tickets. And greek life is a huge divider on campus. Post rush week, nothing is the same.
I am a junior at Butler University and feel that the campus of care Butler promotes has made my three years here feel like home. Indianapolis is a great city to build connections and develop my professional career.
Butler has minimal diversity. It also has only one dining hall which doesn't always provide for people with dietary restrictions. With Butler being a small school, you have to know people to get into parties and BUPD is really crazy about catching people. The dorm I live in has no air conditioning and constantly has problems (leaks throughout the building, no hot water, clogged sinks, etc.), but this is the last year of the dorm, so first years don't need to worry about it. Butler has small class sizes which is certainly a positive for many people, but not my preference. There are a variety of strong majors and most of the professors I've had seemed truly invested in my education. Overall, many people like Butler, but it's not the school for me.
This is my first year on campus and it has been excellent. Butler has been very accommodating and has went far out of their way to see me succeed. The teachers truly care about their students and want to see them excel in every course they take. It has been a truly enjoyable experience and has made me feel right at home. The campus is gorgeous and there are plenty of study places, including plenty of 24 hour study places as well. There are tons of food options as well. Overall, I do not have any complaints so far with this campus.
I have absolutely loved my time here at Butler. The professors, for the most part, really do care about your education. Being in small classes really helped my learning.
I am a current student at Butler University. In the past two years they have built two new dorms along with a new parking garage and are currently building another academic building. The school works hard to accommodate to students and the athletics are very competitive and entertaining. The Butler family is very welcoming here!
The school is very small which I didn't know I liked. The teachers care a lot about your learning as well
Butler academics are the main reason that I chose to attend, as well as the great connections to internships that many of the professors have. Greek life is a major part of campus life, although during campus tours they make it seem like it isn't that important. Food is not that great, but they're building new dorms that might have food options.
Butler University wants to make you feel welcomed on their campus and wants you to succeed. The staff members are always available for help. Butler's campus is growing with a new business school and freshman dormitory underway. I am excited about these additions.
Butler University is a beautiful campus with lots of student life. They also offer great academics and sports programs.
I am currently a first year student at Butler and I am enjoying my time. The academics here are fantastic and I get so much help from faculty due to the 12: 1 student to faculty ratio. The campus is great and there are a lot of extra curricular activities offered. The private college really gives a lot of benefits and allows me to take more time and space.
Butler University is a great place to be. There is so much support and opportunities here! The professors are amazing and the people are all so nice.
Start Your Review of Butler University
The three B's of Butler are Business, Basketball and Ballet. Those put Butler on the map. As a dance major, I can vouch for the Ballet training.
I enjoy being on the Butler University campus and feel that it is a safe environment for its students. The students and professors are very welcoming and radiate love and joy for their campus.
I think Butler is a great school to attend. The professors care deeply about their students and seeing them succeed.