Butler University Reviews

1,263 reviews
When I visited Butler only 3 years ago, I immediately knew this was where I was meant to be. I stepped on campus and felt like Butler was my home and every day since my first year that has proven to be true. All the professors I have come in contact with have been super helpful and does everything in their power to make sure each and everyone of their students is succeeding. There is plenty of campus organizations for everyone and Student Government provides a lot of on campus activities free to us most of the time. If there was one thing I could change, it would be the quality of the food in the dinning halls. This is something the dinning hall staff is continuously working on but there is still flaws in it for those with allergies such as lactose intolerant and gluten free. Other than that, I have been very pleased with Butler and proud to be a bulldog.
Butler is located in the Rocky Ripple neighborhood of Indianapolis, meaning that it is surrounded by rich people who want to be served, and big houses that need to be cleaned, so there's always an abundance of internship possibilities.
It felt just like home! This campus gave me a great experience and I can't wait to go there next year! I love the friendly vibe I got touring the campus, and I can't wait to be a part of the Butler spirit!
Start Your Review of Butler University
I'n proud of this college. It is a pretty high price tag, but there are several opportunities for aid or on campus employment. It has felt like home since the first day I walked across the campus, and I'm proud of my friends and the legacy I will leave behind.
Butler is a great school academically! I've never had a professor that wasn't invested in their students success. Excellence is the standard here. I only wish there was more diversity. As a person of color, constantly being surrounded by people that don't look like you and haven't been through the same struggles as you can be mentally draining and lonely.
Great school and a great education. Many opportunities will come from Butler. Unfortunately, it is extremely expensive. You will have plenty of loans unless you're parents have a lot of money or get help from FASFA. It is a great univeristy and you will have a great time. The question that you should be asking though is "Is it worth it?"
While a little on the pricey side, Butler has been the perfect college for me. A small school of about 4,000 undergrads made it the perfect size so that it didn't feel like I was still in high school, but I would recognize people all over campus. Go here if you want a strong sense of school pride, want to be close to an urban environment, and just want an all around great college experience.
Butler University is dedicated to molding students into adults who are always ready and willing to serve. What I love most about Butler, is that I can see that serving attitude with our professors as well. Just ring a bell and they'll be there.
The things that I like about Butler University, is that there is something for everybody to get involved in no matter your interest. I also think that Butler University does a good job of challenging us academically. The thing that I wish Butler would do better at is making sure that the professors that they hire are passionate about teaching and are continuing to learn how to become a better professor. I feel that some of the professors at Butler University give off a vibe that they do not want to be here. Another thing is that the food in the dining halls at Butler is not up to standards. The students that are attending are paying a lot to go to Butler, but especially for the dining halls. The quality and variety of food should match the price that the students have to pay for it. Finally, Butler does do a nice job keeping the campus looking gorgeous. They are always making sure that the grass is cut, flowers and mulch look good, and our fountains are clean.
Butler University is great due to a wide array of reasons. The professors are personable and willing to help you in your respectable career field; they have great connections for internships. The campus is a great size, the university campus area is essentially its own little bubble. The location of Butler is also great because it's ten minutes away from downtown Indianapolis. I have no regrets and am extremely glad that I chose Butler to be my home for the next four years.
Great school, academically challenging. Professors push you to be the best you can be and challenge you to think critically with a wide variety of unique coursework. Great campus as well. Professors always have time to help you during office hours and small classes make it easy to build a relationship with your professors.
When I toured Butler University, I was quick to notice the beautiful and extensive campus as well as the academic excellence that seemed to surround Butler. There are many major options and not to mention the numerous available activities.
I have loved my experience thus far at Butler University. I have always felt welcomed and supported on this campus even before I was an actual admitted student. The atmosphere of the campus is very homey and inviting. In addition, Butler is very close to downtown Indianapolis and a variety of other attractions that bring tourists to Indiana's capital. I would highly recommend applying to this fantastic school because it has taught me so much already, and I am undoubtedly confident that I continue to grow each and every day because of the love and support I have received from the students, faculty, and alumni.
To be completely honest, I have never had the greatest experience with school until I attended Butler University. From quality of living and food, to safety and community, Butler satisfied everything There were so many opportunities academically, socially, and culturally. The faculty were kind and understanding, the teachers were phenomenal, the dormitories and the entire campus was kept clean every day. There are numerous resources to help students and the opportunities from being within Indianapolis made it all the better.
It is not too small, not too big school. The weather sometimes gets crazy, but other than that I enjoy going here. You can definitely create personal relationship with professors if wanted. They will know your name and face by the end of the week of class.
I love Butler University. The courses cater toward current social/political issues and have challenged me in growing in awareness of personal biases. It has assured me that the path I am taking in serving others will be a vital part of improving my community and those who are effected by it.
8 Butler students were robbed and gunpoint and the police didn’t even care. The police would rather punish students then keep them safe.
Start Your Review of Butler University
Overall going to Butler was a huge mistake. Don't get me wrong, the academics are excellent, basketball games are fun, and for the most part students are friendly and cool people. But the administration is ran by extremely old fashioned, strict, no-fun allowed type pricks. The police force is full of racist cops who don't care about anything but arresting kids for drinking and giving out parking tickets. And greek life is a huge divider on campus. Post rush week, nothing is the same.
I am a junior at Butler University and feel that the campus of care Butler promotes has made my three years here feel like home. Indianapolis is a great city to build connections and develop my professional career.
Butler has minimal diversity. It also has only one dining hall which doesn't always provide for people with dietary restrictions. With Butler being a small school, you have to know people to get into parties and BUPD is really crazy about catching people. The dorm I live in has no air conditioning and constantly has problems (leaks throughout the building, no hot water, clogged sinks, etc.), but this is the last year of the dorm, so first years don't need to worry about it. Butler has small class sizes which is certainly a positive for many people, but not my preference. There are a variety of strong majors and most of the professors I've had seemed truly invested in my education. Overall, many people like Butler, but it's not the school for me.