Buena Vista University Reviews

What I like about Buena Vista is the staff putting our class schedule together and if they have a problem or question they always get ahold of me. The college would be better if the student had the same advisor all year around instead of switching, but overall it’s a great school.
Buena Vista University is a great family orientated College. Professors and staff alike want to see you succeed in every aspect.
I am transferring in from another University after my program changed. The admissions rep was incredibly helpful and responsive and had no problems at all with me changing my starting semester.
Start Your Review of Buena Vista University
I love the small school culture that we have. It is nice to walk across campus and say hi to at least 3-5 people. It is especially nice when you have professors know your name and not feel like a number.
My freshman year at BVU was great. The class size is small enough that you get hands-on experience in the classroom and really connect with your professors.
I am an incoming freshman to Buena Vista University and will be attending in the Fall of 2019. I chose the school partly because of softball but the other parts were because of the beautiful campus and because I could see myself their for the next four years of my life. I could see it as my home away from home. The support that is offered there is not even comparable to the other colleges that I looked at. I can't wait to start attending BVU.
Buena Vista has an amazing science program here as well as new business buildings. The professors are very easy to talk to and understanding when something comes up.
I like how diverse the atmosphere is. I really connect with the people that go to BV and the professors.
I had a wonderful experience with Buena Vista University when I took a college visit there. Everyone was very friendly and the atmosphere was productive and fun. It is a smaller school which is what I am personally looking for with small classes. The professors are there for your success and guide you onto the right path for your career goals. The campus is beautiful and I felt I was in a safe environment.
I go to to BVU site on the Ottumwa campus. I really enjoy it and all the staff and students are so pleasant. It is an ideal place to be for the working adult.
I continuously see improvements on campus whether it be from the new renovation or simply making new additions to student life.
So far my years at BV have been wonderful! The experiences that you have make are one in a million. The professors are great and really have your best interest in mind. Classes are fairly easy if you put in the work and effort. BV has a great campus and wonderful resources!
So far I've had a wonderful experience with this school. They have made it a very easy transition from my AA to getting into my Bachelors. I can personally talk to someone on my campus in my little town 5 days a week and they have classes online or in person, which is great for a single, working mom of two. I am excited to graduate and see where my life goes!
Buena Vista University is a great institution where the professors know the students by name and the president loves to interact with students. Sometimes during finals week, the president will buy students coffee. BVU has great athletic coaches and athletics is a big driver for new students.
At Buena Vista University, I have experienced the different culture and the student life. The campus is small which helped me find all my classes with no difficulty. With small classes, it helps students and professors get to know each other better and students always can go to professors for help. Buena vista has many was you can get help for classes such as the CAE, which is a study room with tutors and quite rooms. People at BVU want to help you and want you to become successful in life after BVU.
It’s small, everyone is nice, campus is gorgeous, and class sizes are about 20kids. I would change that if you are not a freshman you are not requirred to have the meal plan to help cut students costs down.
I love it here so much! They are so open and welcoming. They have the feel of a small college with all the amazing opportunities of a big college! This school has helped changed my life for the better and is going to really help me make in the outside world.
Start Your Review of Buena Vista University
In my time at Buena Vista, I have really enjoyed in. There is a great atmosphere on campus, and it is very enjoyable for students. They always have activities, whether it be midnight movies or intramural activities, that are suited for every type of student. As an athlete on campus myself, I have enjoyed all of the sports here on campus, and we have great fan attendance at all of our home games. I feel like the teachers are very good on campus and make sure we get a quality education. Another thing that is nice, is that it is the cheapest division 3 school in the conference, so it is reasonably affordable to attend. Overall, Buena Vista is a great school that I would recommend to others.
Love that it is a small school where the teachers are really here to help you learn. Everything on campus is centrally located and easy to get to. People are friendly and caring and the there are resources for help everywhere, you just have to ask. The food could be better with more variety.
The online courses are fast and educational, as well as very appropriatly geared toward my degree. There are many areas available to help should you need it at anytime. The site and the support have been amazing. The cost is very comparable to others and I feel that the education that I am receiving is top of the line.