Buena Vista University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Presbyterian
NCAA Division III (with football)
Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.17 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.18 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.18 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities109 Graduates
Elementary Education67 Graduates
Business Administration and Management66 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies41 Graduates
Human Resources Management33 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.25 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.34 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.13 responses
Buena Vista University Reviews
So far I've had a wonderful experience with this school. They have made it a very easy transition from my AA to getting into my Bachelors. I can personally talk to someone on my campus in my little town 5 days a week and they have classes online or in person, which is great for a single, working mom of two. I am excited to graduate and see where my life goes!
Most of the professors are great! They offer advice and information to enhance your education. I am able to complete multiple field experiences so I get my foot in the door different places. But when they say this is a school for working adults that is not accurate, many weeks I have 20+ assignments due each week. Also the academic adviser I was assigned dose not respond well to emails and does not tell me about things in advance. Better notification from the adviser, questions answered quicker, and a realistic view of what this college is would be better. The classes are very good, the professors a great, but having so many assignments in one week makes working and going to school very difficult.
In my time at Buena Vista, I have really enjoyed in. There is a great atmosphere on campus, and it is very enjoyable for students. They always have activities, whether it be midnight movies or intramural activities, that are suited for every type of student. As an athlete on campus myself, I have enjoyed all of the sports here on campus, and we have great fan attendance at all of our home games. I feel like the teachers are very good on campus and make sure we get a quality education. Another thing that is nice, is that it is the cheapest division 3 school in the conference, so it is reasonably affordable to attend. Overall, Buena Vista is a great school that I would recommend to others.