Bucknell University Reviews

An idyllic setting, close knit student body and small classes! I really enjoyed having attending the University.
I love Bucknell. The professors are great. There is a wide variety of classes and majors to choose from. The facilities are up to date with the times. The party scene is wild!
I absolutely love Bucknell! I love the sense of community and friendly students. The professors are great.
Review Bucknell University
Overall I've really enjoyed my time so far at Bucknell. It fosters a real sense of community that is missing on other more urban campuses. The teachers are a bunch of wacky, intelligent, passionate weirdos that you'll cherish forever. You truly get the liberal arts degree at Bucknell with classes about portraiture and classics and humanities. On the other hand, the STEM facilities and options are poppin'. This is a great place to be an undergrad.
Even as freshman, students get connected with future employers and job opportunities. The Bucknell network outside of 'the bubble' has always been strong, alumni are always very enthusiastic when it comes to hiring fellow bison.
Bucknell has a big and bustling party scene. The same concerns of any college campus are here as well. While these threats are always present, I do not feel unsafe or unsupported by my school.
Joining a Residential College is a gamble. Additionally, the housing varies so much it is hard to qualify it. Some halls are notoriously dirty and unkempt while others are beautiful and spacious. Regardless, if you want to switch rooms, the housing office will screw you over. Bucknell is set up in an uphill-downhill structure so if you're downhill you'll get use to climbing lots of hills to get to class. If you're uphill, stock your dorm with food because you'll never want to make it all the way to the ELC for cheap food.
At Bucknell you cannot rush until you're a sophomore. This is a rare but wonderful system. It allows you to find your "people" and pursue your interests without being overshadowed by forced friendships and obligations. Greek life is done really well, but girls should be aware that sororities only have halls not actual houses. Close to half of campus goes Greek so it's hardly selective. If you like to go out, like most Bucknellians do, consider going Greek just for the convenience.
I came to this school from the south specifically because I wanted a school that matched my dismal feelings towards sports. People know when game day is but there is little to no "hype". One time they gave out shirts to the first 100 people that came to a soccer game and I'm not sure they ever ran out of shirts. It's a D1 school which doesn't make a ton of sense but if you come here to play sports, good for you. A lot of students participate in sports which is cool too. It's just another way Bucknell allows you to do what you love and do it well.
I was hesitant to chose Bucknell because it's so small and I thought that meant isolated. Really, you hardly leave campus because there's just so much to do. Bucknell offers tons of clubs and sports at all level in addition to near nightly campus events, not to mention parties. The people here are great, however the housing department finds some special way to match you up with your exact opposite. Residential colleges are generally great but the university makes it seem much better than it is in practice. Don't be afraid to talk to your professors, they all really care. BU could have more school spirit when it comes to sports, but overall you just get the sense everyone is happy and excited to be there.
The best possible experience. Work hard and play hard. Professors truly care about you and the students are there for you as well. There is always something to go to! Parties are always fun, but there are other outlets for fun too.
Bucknell alums truly care about each other. There are networking events in almost every major city.
PSafe is always there for you and they won't ruin the fun unless it gets out of hand.
I lived in Smith and its the best residence hall you can ever imagine! You can't hate it!
Greek life at Bucknell is huge! I am going to rush myself. It will not get in the way of academics if you don't let it! It is the only way to have a good network of people though.
The facilities are great. IM and club sports are plentiful. Nothing to hate
I am a first year student at Bucknell and all my interactions with Bucknell have just been positive so far. Professors really care about you. The social scene is a lot of fun! It may be hard freshmen year, but it gets better. I think its the perfect school
Review Bucknell University
I enjoy the classes at Bucknell because they are typically very small. On average, there was about 20 students in each of my classes. Small class sizes like this give students the opportunity not only to engage with each other, but also the professor. I hear of many stories where students at large universities never even get to talk to their professors just because of how big the classes are. Also, a small class size forces a student to pay attention and not goof around because the professor will notice you. You cannot text the whole class or watch your favorite show on Netflix. You professor expects you to be engaged in their lecture.
Bucknell maintains a strong connection with its alumni and provides the current students plenty of opportunities to network with these alumni and their affiliated businesses. Opportunities like these help ease the transition from graduating college to establishing a successful career.
I have never felt unsafe on Bucknell's campus. The campus is well-lit and also has the blue light system to help keep students safe. There are always Public Safety officers on duty, and they are never too far away if something goes wrong and you need to call them. Even at night, I feel no potential threat or harm while walking across campus. Bucknell does a great job making the students' safety a major priority.