Bucknell University Reviews

For anyone who is just looking at Bucknell or on the fence about going here, I strongly advise you to go here. Bucknell academics are rigorous, but for anyone who can get in to Bucknell, they are easy to manage. The professors are absolutely amazing and really care about their students. The party scene is crazy as expected, but you also don't feel pressured if you need to stay in to study for a weekend. The friendships I have made already are so special, and as there is a decent amount of preppy stuck up kids (as any college has), there are so many incredible individuals from all over the US that I have met. People that don't go to Bucknell think Lewisburg is a boring secluded little town, but once you come to Bucknell you will realize like everyone else that this is a gorgeous place where you have your own little world, never feeling away from the world.
I have had many positive experiences and a few negative ones. I feel a bit out of place sometimes because I come from a upper-middle class family and it feels like the majority of students here are from the top 1%. The party scene here is vibrant, which I personally like. However, if you don't like to go out and drink then you may not have much to do on the weekends. Nearly everyone goes out and if you don't you may have trouble making friends. With that being said, the academics are excellent. I love my professors and classes. Class is often times more of a discussion than a lecture. It is very involved and even classes I don't see myself enjoying I end up really liking! The professors and students alike are caring, kind, helpful, and intelligent. The Bucknell mentality is definitely work hard, play harder.
Bucknell University offers wonderful academics and chances for engagement and involvement with the campus community and student body. I've been able to connect with wonderful people through Bucknell while developing personal growth and learning a lot about an array of issues with our society. However, I had a poor experience with the social scene at Bucknell. It is highly dominated by Greek culture and partying, which is not for everyone. There are some problems with lack of diversity and inclusion, making this school seem like a good fit only for certain group of people.
Start Your Review of Bucknell University
Bucknell is a lot of fun and has a very accepting community. I love my professors and I feel like I am learning applicable things.
Bucknell University is a great school academic-wise. You can tell that the professors are very invested in each student's education and are so available outside of the class. Bucknell is also making an effort to improve the diversity on campus. I would say the food on campus is a lot better then at other schools and is buffet-style. However, it is still cafeteria food... The basketball team at Bucknell is real good (both the men's and women's teams). There is always a party or some social event so in my opinion you never have to be bored.
An idyllic setting, close knit student body and small classes! I really enjoyed having attending the University.
I love Bucknell. The professors are great. There is a wide variety of classes and majors to choose from. The facilities are up to date with the times. The party scene is wild!
I absolutely love Bucknell! I love the sense of community and friendly students. The professors are great.
Overall I've really enjoyed my time so far at Bucknell. It fosters a real sense of community that is missing on other more urban campuses. The teachers are a bunch of wacky, intelligent, passionate weirdos that you'll cherish forever. You truly get the liberal arts degree at Bucknell with classes about portraiture and classics and humanities. On the other hand, the STEM facilities and options are poppin'. This is a great place to be an undergrad.
Even as freshman, students get connected with future employers and job opportunities. The Bucknell network outside of 'the bubble' has always been strong, alumni are always very enthusiastic when it comes to hiring fellow bison.
Bucknell has a big and bustling party scene. The same concerns of any college campus are here as well. While these threats are always present, I do not feel unsafe or unsupported by my school.
Joining a Residential College is a gamble. Additionally, the housing varies so much it is hard to qualify it. Some halls are notoriously dirty and unkempt while others are beautiful and spacious. Regardless, if you want to switch rooms, the housing office will screw you over. Bucknell is set up in an uphill-downhill structure so if you're downhill you'll get use to climbing lots of hills to get to class. If you're uphill, stock your dorm with food because you'll never want to make it all the way to the ELC for cheap food.
At Bucknell you cannot rush until you're a sophomore. This is a rare but wonderful system. It allows you to find your "people" and pursue your interests without being overshadowed by forced friendships and obligations. Greek life is done really well, but girls should be aware that sororities only have halls not actual houses. Close to half of campus goes Greek so it's hardly selective. If you like to go out, like most Bucknellians do, consider going Greek just for the convenience.
I came to this school from the south specifically because I wanted a school that matched my dismal feelings towards sports. People know when game day is but there is little to no "hype". One time they gave out shirts to the first 100 people that came to a soccer game and I'm not sure they ever ran out of shirts. It's a D1 school which doesn't make a ton of sense but if you come here to play sports, good for you. A lot of students participate in sports which is cool too. It's just another way Bucknell allows you to do what you love and do it well.
I was hesitant to chose Bucknell because it's so small and I thought that meant isolated. Really, you hardly leave campus because there's just so much to do. Bucknell offers tons of clubs and sports at all level in addition to near nightly campus events, not to mention parties. The people here are great, however the housing department finds some special way to match you up with your exact opposite. Residential colleges are generally great but the university makes it seem much better than it is in practice. Don't be afraid to talk to your professors, they all really care. BU could have more school spirit when it comes to sports, but overall you just get the sense everyone is happy and excited to be there.
The best possible experience. Work hard and play hard. Professors truly care about you and the students are there for you as well. There is always something to go to! Parties are always fun, but there are other outlets for fun too.
Bucknell alums truly care about each other. There are networking events in almost every major city.
Start Your Review of Bucknell University
PSafe is always there for you and they won't ruin the fun unless it gets out of hand.
I lived in Smith and its the best residence hall you can ever imagine! You can't hate it!
Greek life at Bucknell is huge! I am going to rush myself. It will not get in the way of academics if you don't let it! It is the only way to have a good network of people though.