Bucknell University Reviews

The academics at Bucknell are great, but I personally have trouble with the social scene. There is barely any diversity amongst the students and most of the students are white, upper class, and conservative. I was shocked by the casual racist, homophobic, and sexist comments I heard on campus, as well as the lack of friendly, driven, open minded people. As for the party scene, there is nothing else to do but go to small, sweaty frat parties every night. You're completely isolated if you don't join Greek life, which has a very clear hierarchy. This makes it very cliquey on campus, making it feel more like a high school than a university. There is also little else to do outside of campus, besides take a trip to Walmart or go to the one of the few mediocre restaurants in Lewisburg.
If you are considering going to Bucknell, I strongly suggest you visit campus and talk to some students before you make any decisions. If you want a small, wealthy rural school, it may be for you.
the small class sizes make it possible for students to get to know their professors and makes learning more efficient. the professors are willing to work with students and help them succeed in their academic endeavors.
Mostly rich upper class white students but there is some diversity. Bucknell is working on increasing diversity. Professors are great, and they want students to do well.
Start Your Review of Bucknell University
Bucknell is a wonderful community for students to learn and make life long friends. The professors and the athletic department all genuinely care for the students and athletes. The campus is beautiful and so is the surrounding area.
I am from the west coast and came to Bucknell on an athletic scholarship. I knew it was a big party school and I was someone that was cool with partying. But let me assure you there is absolutely nothing else to do here.

Professors and academics are great but it does not make up for the horrible social scene. Parties are in disgusting, sweaty frat houses and are no fun unless you like getting black-out drunk. The fact that it's DI doesn't make much sense considering my friends who played DIII sports got better uniforms and didn't have to fundraise.

The university is merely concerned with getting more money from alumni despite the professors being quite good. I have good friends through athletics but unless you plan to join Greek Life you're pretty much screwed. You'll tell yourself you can sacrifice things just to get the name "Bucknell" on your diploma...but just know very few people outside of New York, PA, or New Jersey know what it is anyways.
Bucknell University is a small, rural, liberal arts college of almost 4,000 students. It’s three colleges: Arts and Sciences, Engineering, and Management. Education wise Bucknell is a great school with amazing and for the most part thoughtful professors. They know what they're teaching and have a noticeable passion for their work. The school itself is beautiful. However, the school is on a hill so it is troublesome for students in wheelchairs and crutches. Food is boring, tasteless, and bad quality of vegetables and fruits. The meal plans are expensive for this below average food. The campus atmosphere, the students are all clones of one another. In this prestigious, predominantly white school there are a lot of cliques based on financial status and greek life. There is alcoholism, drug abuse, and an above average rate of sexual assault and harassment at Bucknell. Location wise, students feel trapped in this "Bucknell bubble" since there is nowhere to go in the small area.
Great courses and the professors are amazing! I am a history major and as sophomore I was able to do research. There are so many enriching opportunities that Bucknell has to offer. However, the campus can be a bit isolating at times. Transportation is very poor in the area and there is virtually nothing to do off campus. Nonetheless, the school offers affordable trips to different cities and cool activities. Overall my experience at Bucknell has been good!
Very wealthy environment, lots of rich/stuck up kids driving around $90k cars their Ivy league parents paid for. Very expensive and little help from financial aid office.
My first visit was as a parent with my family and I trying to find a suitable college for my son. My experience was horrible, First it was hard to even find the admissions office as no one including staff and students were able to help us when we asked. They either directed us in the wrong direction or didn't know. When we finally found the office, we waited for a hour. My two year old became hungry so we went to the dining hall and met a very rude lady at the front. We were about to pick out foods when the lady starts to yell at us saying that we had to pay first. We explained that we were guests and that our 2 year old was hungry. She didn't care. We payed 40 dollars and picked out our foods. The food was horrible and nobody ate it. And to top it all off, a student told me that they pay for their own laundry. I was done with Bucknell and we chose another college that is very excellent and respected us and welcomed our family.
As an alum I continue to be impressed by the career paths and life achievements of my peers. Bucknell afforded me the opportunity of a well rounded education leading me to an Ivy League business school and a high level career in finance. I had the opportunity to teach a group of students for a management class recently at Bucknell and was amazed by the intelligence, thoughtfulness and well roundedness of my students. The campus has expanded without losing its bucolic appeal and it remains a great place to strike a strong work play balance.
Bucknell University provides students with all of the necessary tools for an outstanding undergraduate experience with an amazing academic and social environment. If I could change one thing, it would be more diversity amongst the social norm. Everyone is typically pretty similar.
It's great if you're not looking for an urban feel in a college, but there is a lack of diversity and not many things to do. Most professors are nice and academically challenging.
I have had a great experience at Bucknell so far. I have had amazing professors and everybody really wants you to succeed. The food can get old pretty quick. But Lewisburg is such a nice area and there are some good food options downtown.
I was a first generation college student woman of color when I attended Bucknell. There wasn't a lot of financial or racial diversity, but the campus was welcoming, professors were passionate in their subjects as well as good at teaching, and I met some lifelong friends there. The campus is beautiful. It's definitely expensive, but I don't regret attending.
Bucknell University is honestly such a wonderful place to grow into a young adult. The classes are interesting, challenging, and rewarding. The professors are passionate about what they teach and really care if students understand the material. It's not just about the grades at this university, it truly is about learning information and expanding your knowledge. The location is great as well. A safe small town that still is full of fun activities to keep students occupied on the weekends. Another great part of Bucknell is that it is a liberal science university. I can major in biology, but also take art or dance classes if I want. It's overall a great place and I'm very happy with my choice to attend.
What I like so much about Bucknell is the environment created by the staff, campus, and students that promotes not only success within the classroom but also outside of it. Bucknell is welcoming to all students and provides ample opportunities to be involved in various activities throughout campus. The class sizes are also small which allows students to become close with their professors and makes it easy to meet new students.
Bucknell certainly made college some of the best years of my life by attracting students from across the country. The orientation program along with campus events and clubs brings the students together. You will not meet a student body more supportive of their school. Ray Bucknell!
Start Your Review of Bucknell University
I am currently attending Bucknell University as a freshman enrolled in the engineering program. My experience so far has been great. I am a member of the baseball team so my schedule is quite busy, but fulfilling. My team mates are all very supportive and inclusive and have helped me make the transition from high school to college quite easy. I am looking forward to my next 3 years here at Bucknell.
I have loved my time at Bucknell and am sad to be graduating in the spring. The professors really try to form relationships with the students and yearn to get to know you. The school spirit is great and everyone that goes there loves Bucknell.
I am freshman guy who just finished my first semester. I have enjoyed my time here. The classes have lots of work, but in my experience it is still possible to do well. The food is better than most colleges, but it can get repetitive if you are on the unlimited swipes. There is better food when you use dining dollars instead of swipes. The party scene is very Greek life oriented. As a freshman guy, especially first semester, it will be very tough to get into parties. Girls will get into pretty much any party they wants. However, it will get easier for guys to get into parties as time goes on. Bucknell has a work hard play hard mentality.