Bryn Mawr College Reviews

I am a sophomore at Bryn Mawr and I really love it. The campus is beautiful and the students are very friendly. The anthropology department is amazing. Classes are definitely rigorous; don’t expect all A’s.
I am taking classes online because of covid. I don’t love it but Bryn Mawr tries to be accommodating.
Terrible; I wish I could select zero stars. Not accommodating AT ALL. Do not expect the professors or any of the staff to care about you; unless it is convenient for themselves.
Start Your Review of Bryn Mawr College
Wish I could give zero stars. Please do not come here. All of the staff are extremely hostile. They are so set in their own "perfect" ways of doing things that they will not consider any outside opinions that differ from their own.
Bryn Mawr College is a great school for anyone looking for a high-academic and supportive community. It is a historic all women's college where there are options for dual enrollment with co-ed schools. With small classrooms, it is easy to talk and ask for help from professors with academic/personal issues. As a liberal arts school, we receive a well-rounded education along with being able to focus on our major/minor tracks.
During the Spring Semester of 2020, we, unfortunately, had to return home and finish our courses online. Bryn Mawr's quick response to the pandemic allowed for students to be able to consider their personal safety first. The support system we were given as students was fantastic, and most professors were able to adjust well to an online format. Going into the Fall Semester of 2020, students are also being given many options of whether to return to classes, to campus, take only online courses, etc.
Amazing Academic Environment. Teachers and students are always available to support. It really helps you transition from High school to college!
I am a first-year so I don't have a full scope of the school, but I love it so far! Academics are amazing, the campus is beautiful, and the professors are great so far. I wish there was more of a party scene, and the diversity is not as wide as I was expecting but every school has room for improvement.
Extremely student-oriented- students have a say in almost all major decisions the college makes. A very trusting community, campus is extremely safe. Food is good, but sometimes lacking in options. Student body isn't overly friendly.
The school is very small but gives me the opportunity to branch out and learn. I have had numerous internships , jobs and a research position. I have created a schedule of classes that fit my wants, needs and interests.
When I walked onto campus I felt like I was home. I knew I belonged there. There is a very strong sense of community and family. I have support not only to exceed academically but also athletically.
Bryn Mawr College has a beautiful campus and a wonderful community that is based around learning and student growth.
Bryn Mawr is an incredible institution that gives the best possible opportunities to pursue your dream career.
Good academics, great language programs, could use improvements on allocation of finances and student resources (although it's still better than most).
Bryn Mawr is an amazing school! The environment and culture is so positive and adamant about change; it makes everyone an even better person by being a part of it all. I have found a real home and family here.
I like the small class sizes that Bryn Mawr provides. Students are able to get to know each other within the class setting, as well as the ability for the professor to know each student. Bryn Mawr is an inclusive setting, where our social honor code fosters trust within the community such that creativity and diversity is always welcomed. In the future, I would like to see Bryn Mawr allow more opportunities for students to explore the greater Philadelphia area within the structure of a class, instead of strictly lecture based classes for the entire semester. In addition, Bryn Mawr needs air conditioning in ALL of the dorms! It is brutally hot in the warmer months of the year, especially on the upper floors of the dorms.
Bryn Mawr has great resources for students. Everyone has a dean, who works closely with them and is a great resource. Professors and very understanding and allow students to take extensions on assignments and will hold special office hours if someone needs. The academic scene is really great and, in my opinion, the saving grace for Bryn Mawr.

The community here is very exclusive, however. Students are not encouraged to have diverse political opinions. The campus is rooted in inclusion to the point of exclusion. By this, I mean, that I have known many peers here who have shamed me for not being gay. Friends of mine have been made fun of for being religious. For a place that is supposed to be inclusive of all viewpoints, I find it so sad that people are bullied for not fitting the extreme-far-left views (only term fitting) that Bryn Mawr almost requires.
Start Your Review of Bryn Mawr College
-A small and beautiful campus with strong academics.
-Plenty of opportunities to explore one’s potential.
-Welcoming and friendly!
The diverse community of Bryn Mawr college provides a sense of belongingness and encouragesme to be myself. The Freshman experience was not made easy but it was made interesting:courses like the Thrive program helped me to make friends.
Professors love what they teach and want to ignite an interest in higher learning in their students. The campus is lovely, with castle-like buildings and gorgeous greenery and hills. The weather can get very cold close to the winter months and gets insanely warm in the summer times. The buildings are not all well-insulated, so I would be careful to bring warm clothing and/or light clothing.