1. Smithfield, RI
  2. 4 Year

Bryant University Reviews

Bryant University was a school that I chose based on the outstanding academic program that they had for Actuarial Mathematics Majors and the fact that my father attended the university himself. Lead by President Machtley, Bryant should be considered one of the up and coming business schools in the country. The President has made great strides to the school including new dorms and academic facilities for everyone to use. The only thing that could use a bit of improvement is the food program. Options tend to be limited sometimes and the main dining hall, while improving, is still not the best. The campus itself is a beautiful place to be at as the campus is gorgeous. The area around Bryant is great as it is right next to Providence and only an hour from Boston. The professors are mostly good as Bryant seems to pride themselves on having a great staff as there has not been one bad professor I would not recommend.
Bryant University is a great school for business. However, not only is it a good school for business, but for liberal arts as well. Bryant does a really good job making sure their students are all well rounded and prepared for life after college. The connections that Bryant has are also tremendous.
I went to Bryant University for my freshman year. I thought it would be a great change for me but I found the environment to be too much like high school due to the small amount of people. The classes were fine, I was a part of the honors program which is pretty good and they give out good scholarships. However, if you don't want to be stuck for all of February on campus it is hard to expand beyond the area since it isn't in Providence. I was an IB major at first and when I decided to change majors it became difficult to do what I wanted there due to their Business/Liberal Arts major minor requirement. I ultimately left for a number of these reasons and more but I don't regret going there, but I have found a better school to suit my needs and am happier now.
Small school with people coming from small towns is about 90% of the community. It can get repetitive really quickly but luckily the RIPTA to Providence is free and Boston is an hour away
Bryant University is an excellent school. Most of the teachers there are talented and are amiable individuals, so if someone needed help, they were generally there. The dorms could be better, because they are all crammed together, but the positive side is that the students who live there are very community oriented, and are very kind individuals.
It is a great college. It small but not very diverse. The education is great and I really like most of my teachers. There is not a lot of events that happens on campus tho.
I love it here! My only concerns are that the acceptance rate is quite high, but the caliber of student is relatively high. The career programs are fantastic and the people are friendly.
If you ache for a small community feeling, this school is for you. No matter where you go or time it is you will always see a friendly face you know.
Best parties are at the townhouses. There's usually something going on thursday-saturday.
there are always parties but nothing great or crazy. everyone always goes to the same bars.
Most professors want you to succeed and will work with you. Your advisers do their best to get you where you need to be class-wise.
You will meet people with very similar views to your own and very different. Despite this, most people are very accepting of who you are and what you believe.
The dorms aren't big or fancy, but they are sufficient, especially compared to other schools.
  • College Sophomore
  • 6 months ago
  • Housing
Bars/Clubs are lenient with fakes. Uber/Lyft can be a hassle because campus is so far out of the city.
Parties get blandly repetitive by October. Either host something in your dorm which gets shut down by 11 or zombie walk crossfaded around the townhouses.
You're in the middle of nowhere surrounded by people from the middle of nowhere (broad generalization, but that's essentially 90% of the school)
If you want it, you can get it. And if you don't directly know someone, any person on campus WILL know someone. So in that regards, I rate it 4 out of 5. It's great.
I love Bryant. There were many times throughout my first year that I doubted that fact, but I always came back to being happy with my decision. I love the academics, facilities, and some people. I wish there was more diversity in interests and fewer rich white people, but it's new england - I should have expected that.
I am very connected with business development groups and am confident in my future.
  • College Sophomore
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
I know that the women's center and campus administration is extremely supportive, however I have heard bad things about DPS's responses to incidents.