Bryan College - Tennessee Reviews

Liked the community aspect of the school but could be more transparent on how the school uses funding.
The community created here is very good. It is definitely a small school environment. All of your professors know you and want to know you and see you succeed. The RD, Resident Directors, care for you more than you would ever think and again want nothing but for you to succeed.
This type of small school environment can either be very good for you or not so good for you, it all depends on your personality so you have to truly know yourself.
The school's motto is "Christ Above All" and it is taken seriously here. Everywhere you look you see his presence. From chapel to church to mentoring programs to being able to sit down at pretty much any table in the cafeteria and have a good, accepting conversation with someone you can see this motto.
The school is growing but still needs a lot of improvement. The dorms need to be updated and new ones need to be built. The school is in need of new parking. Also, one of the buildings is in a major need of remodeling. It would also be helpful if the school would use the funding they receive more wisely to fix these problems and also give raises to the professors.
Start Your Review of Bryan College - Tennessee
Bryan College is great when it comes to athletics, academics and safety. However, the dorms really need updating. Dayton Tennessee is a small town so there isn’t much to do off campus but Chattanooga is a 40 minute drive and there is plenty to do there. It is not a party school. If you are looking for a small private college that is strong in academics and has many opportunities for athletes then this is a great choice.
I love the atmosphere at Bryan College; everyone is so friendly and welcoming. I love the Christian background it provides. My bad experience with Bryan College has been with the staff and administration. Several instances the staff has turned their back on me. The most prominent example would be when my dorm room was infested with mold. None of the staff helped me or even believed me. I had no reimbursement for my damaged items, no medical reimbursement, no apology, no help moving out, and no discount on my room and board, even though I had to live in mold for half a year.
I love the people at Bryan. The professor really care about you and the campus is very beautiful. I also feel very safe there.
Awesome staff that will help you out in any situation you need help with. Very affordable, especially for online degrees and professors are very helpful and ready to jump in. I wouldn't choose anywhere else!
It is a great school, with a great attitude and heart, but just needs to figure out where the right place to put money towards should be. The food is okay most of the time, but they really only make it good when there are visitors on campus.
Bryan has been so far a good experience for me. The campus is not very big but has a good atmosphere. I feel like it is easy to make good friends and that is one of my favorite parts. Athletic facilities aren't great for the most part but athletics is one of my activities to attend at Bryan. The athletic teams are competitive for the most part and Bryan also offers lots of intermuals for everyone. Campus food is honestly is inconsistent. The grille is good most of the time and the Starbucks is nice. Academics is pretty good. Most of my professors are excellent. Of course there are some that aren't the greatest but most my professors are great teachers and are very approachable. All the staff is very approachable and are willing to have a conversation with you about anything. Some complaints would school financial mangament, specifically with building the Stophel Welcome Center instead of improving dorms and athletic facilities. Outside of that few complaints about the school overall.
A very great close knit Christian community. The faculty actually has time for their students. There are great work study opportunities. Life on campus is amazing, and makes a huge difference in one’s life.
With heavy heart, I give my Alma Mater this rating. Because of the prideful, narrow-minded, power-abusing, hateful and evil leadership that is now in place, countless faculty and staff have lost their jobs, programs have been cut, finances have been ruined, and the motto of the college, "Christ Above All", has been blatantly disregarded. Until the current president and board of trustees resign or leave, I cannot recommend this college to anyone. It is not the same place it used to be -Christ centered, intellectually sound (by examining all sides and viewpoints to see that the Bible is the answer), Biblically solid, a warm community- but instead has turned into an institution who should just go ahead and change their motto to "Livesay above all". Livesay's way or the highway (job termination, for example, should you dare to speak the truth).
I can not recommend Bryan in its current state. The president has engaged in unethical practice and many beloved faculty and staff have either been fired or have resigned in protest. When Dr. LIVESAY is removed I will reconsider my position.
I have been at Bryan College for almost a year now! Although being a first-time college student can be quite a difficult change and transition, Bryan College does a fantastic job of making the students feel at home and at ease! The faculty and staff are such wonderful and caring people who love their job and love the people! This college upon the hill has breathtaking views and is a great getaway from the stresses of life. The small campus life making being a student here comfortable and belonged. I have loved being here so far! :)
I absolutely love Bryan College! The people here are my favorite - everyone is so welcoming and sweet, and the professors go out of the way to prove they truly care about their students. The quality of the education is great, and I am so grateful to be taught from a Christian standpoint - it makes a huge difference. The campus is safe, well-kept, and absolutely beautiful. It is NOT a party scene by any means, which is a blessing for me. Bryan inspires me to become a better Christian daily, and my relationship with God has definitely grown here.
I love this school. It is a Christian college with exceptional character and standards. I am proud to be a graduate of Bryan College.
I graduated from Bryan just over 5 years ago. When I was there, I enjoyed my classes, found the professors to be excellent critically-minded thinkers, highly invested in both their classes and students. The faculty were definitely Bryan's greatest strength. Unfortunately, many of the faculty I knew have left since the school's recent controversies, and I cannot speak to the quality of current faculty. If the school has a great weakness, it is in its approach to diversity. The school has few ethnic or racial minority students or faculty. As a white man, I remained largely ignorant of the significance of today’s social issues while I was at Bryan, and those few faculty who tried to change that for me have since left. When I was there, Bryan was a good Christian school, but it desperately needed to grow in its diversity.
Bryan College has given me the unique environment I sought after in my post-secondary education. The professors are caring and enjoy questions, my Chirstian faith is deepened daily, fellow students are encouraging and helpful, and the size allows for more personal classes.
Start Your Review of Bryan College - Tennessee
The career services is extremely helpful. There are also many work study jobs on campus that are really nice for low income students like myself. The campus almost works on it own people.
The class sizes are on the small side so that I feel like the professors are really good about getting to know the students in the class individually. They are really friendly and want you to come to their offices after hours. The variety of the classes is really nice. You can explore many different subjects.
I feel very safe on campus. Our assault rate is extremely low so that I don't feel like I am threatened at all.