Brown University Reviews

I've only been here for a little over a semester, but Brown has been a fantastic experience so far. The campus is stunning, there are always fun things to do on the weekend (both on-campus and in the city), the Open Curriculum is LITERALLY the coolest thing ever, and you'll meet some truly amazing people if you decide to come!
Brown University is a place where students are allowed to grow themselves to be independent, free-thinkers. Students can blaze their own trail and voice their opinions. The social life is great and athletic facilities are awesome for an Ivy League school. However there could be more diversity with the majority of students being white and Asian.
People here are all very intelligent, very open to conversation. Professors are incredible. Happiest time of my life.
Review Your College
Brown University is an institution designed for those who wish to expand their intellectual horizons and who have a genuine love for learning. The open curriculum allows students to design and dictate their own college and career paths. The professors are unparalleled in excellence, and the student life on and off-campus is incredibly diverse and interesting, and this university prepares students not only to move forward in their careers, but also to live independent, successful lives.
Honestly I was so nervous for college, but now that I'm settled, I love it here! The grounds are beautiful and historic, the professors are charismatic and welcoming and the students are the same. It's the kind of campus where kids you have never met will come up to you if the like the band that's on your t-shirt... Thats why I chose Brown in the first place.
Brown is tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!! Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!
I love Brown University, even if it does have its weak points. As an Engineering student who loves to take humanities classes, Brown was the only college that would allow me to pursue both without having to go through an incredibly difficult process which is common at other schools. While the food is not the healthiest or most appetizing, it is hard to find many other weak points in my overall experience here. I would definitely recommend Brown to anyone who is considering it, and I hope more schools change to the open curriculum in the future.
Due to the openness of degrees here, careers range far and wide. A problem with this though, is that it leaves a higher chance to not get a job in one's desired field.
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
This is a great people, a great environment, and a great place to grow at. Some things lack like housing and food but then again, that's not why we're all here.
The city of Providence is not very much divided from Brown so of course there are reports of crimes. Sexual assault has long been a problem here but it it being addressed strongly.
It's mainly a great atmosphere for the people around you. The dorms are nothing extraordinary.
  • 7 months ago
  • Housing
Fraternities are generally open to the general student populace for events and there isn't much differentiation between non-Greeks and Greeks.
Students are generally interested in athletics, but it's really not as big as at some other comparable schools.
So far, from what I'm learning about Brown, everyone is so different and I feel like that allows for a free flow of ideas which is amazing. I feel so much more well-rounded as a result.
Not diverse, but don't let that dissuade you, it's by far the most accepting Ivy League school
Not too crazy, but its college, you're bound to run into these types of things at some point
I'm not familiar with this.
Review Your College
I've learned so many things I never knew I could do.
There is an excellent selection of diverse classes offered at this school, as well as several fantastic and approachable professors; ones who are clearly passionate experts in their field of study. There are also many classes of varying size, depending on the chosen department. I have joined classes of 30 students and less, or over 200. Writing and humanities classes tend to be smaller with the higher level STEM classes often dramatically shrinking in size compared to the introduction classes.
I am excited to pursue medical school after earning my bachelors in science degree, I believe there will be job/internship prospects with a degree from this school as well as after graduate school. I have put trust in the alumni network as well as my own personal network to pursue a satisfying career upon graduation. I have heard of excellent opportunities students have earned soon after their completion of undergrad. The CareerLab on campus has also a few excellent mentors to aid students in their job search throughout their time here.
  • 8 months ago