Brown University Reviews

The unparalleled academic freedom that Brown offers cannot be beat. I have absolutely loved my professors and my classes and I could not picture myself attending any other school. Go Bruno!
The resources here are truly astounding...yes, as a first-generation college student, it took a while before I understood that I CAN use these resources. However, the resources that Brown offers are backed by real communities and real people who care.
Beautiful campus, flexible curriculum, very adaptable depending on the student. The campus promotes creativity and the students had a very welcoming attitude. Not competitive like I expected from an Ivy league
Start Your Review of Brown University
I studied here as a Pre-College student over the summer and I had an amazing experience throughout the time that I was there. Personally, the academic side of this school is not for me, however, the environment was so amazing and I would love to come back one day and work as a Summer Residential Assistant.
I loved that there were several things to do around the school. From the mall to the great variety of restaurants and weird shops, Brown is filled with so many activities in and around it. The dorms were not that nice as the paint was peeling off. It was also not very easy to navigate my way around campus but after close attention, I got the hang of the places I needed to be at.
I love nearly every aspect of Brown. The students are academically focused while maintaining a high level of socialization and fun. There area a wide variety of classes available to take, and with an open curriculum, anyone can try out any subject they'd like. The professors are extremely supportive, in my experience, and create a learning environment for success. The only thing I'd like to improve is attendance at sporting events.
Every person on campus is unique and is truly passionate in their work. People want you to succeed and are willing to help you.
I like how the make the students welcome, I was quite surprised since my Headmaster graduated from there. I found it interesting that one of the presidents went there and also many more famous people.
It is a very welcoming environment, however, nothing will be offered directly to you. You have to be able to seek out the help you need and know what it is you want to achieve. Additionally, the president of the University is unreachable and simply out of touch with student life, focused only on maintaining a good reputation of the school in mainstream media.
Brown University advocates for a safe and interactive learning environment in which students can prepare themselves for their future careers.
Brown University offers a great education, but unfortunately, they do not seem to sincerely care about their students. I had a terrible roommate situation, and the deans did nothing to help me.
It encourages discussion and has the best undergraduate program in the nation, but I feel like it could do better in terms of reinvesting the money it receives in tuition to the students. There are many instances in which it came off as a money making corporation over a prestigious university.
Brown is more than just an elite institution, it's a community of people who are all so amazingly brilliant in their own unique ways and I often catch myself surprised by how impressive everyone is.
Brown University's dedication to the undergraduate experience in all aspects-whether through academics, campus life, or career development-is the reason I chose to attend and I cannot wait to not only explore my own academic interests and personal growth but aid and contribute to the growth of others.
Brown is a great place to be. The academics are excellent and rigorous, but the atmosphere is more relaxed than you would expect from an Ivy League school. The people are very friendly and collaborative, and there are a wealth of opportunities to pursue. One downside would be that the dorms are not fantastic, and that the school typically does not allow students to live off campus until senior year.
Brown University has been an incredible experience and has allowed me to pursue passions that I wasn't even aware I was interested in! The unique open curriculum allows students to take courses from a broad range of subjects and helps to ensure they find the right area of study. I personally believed I wanted to go into biomedical engineering, however, after taking a variety of classes at Brown in environmental studies, I have switched my major. Every teacher, student, and dean is so incredibly passionate about the work and everyone is constantly striving to be better which makes the University an amazing place and experience!
Such an amazing school with an absolutely wonderful sense of community. They care about their students and want each and every one of them to succeed.
Start Your Review of Brown University
I really like the school overall for its academics which friends of mine which have attended Brown agree with. Brown provides a good supply of diversity by providing need based scholarships to minorities in need. The campus is gorgeous with excellent historical forms of architecture. Its a very safe school with excellent Dorms and chill party scenes. Brown University is a very good school!
My experience at Brown has been great so far. I enjoy having the Open Curriculum, and I think being able to take some classes for Satisfactory/No Credit grades allows for much academic freedom. The student community is generally supportive.
I had a wonderful college experience at Brown. I felt supported and challenged by my excellent professors and peers. The process of obtaining a liberal arts education is intensive and requires significant reflection, but is entirely worth the effort.