Brown University Reviews

Brown's Open Curriculum really makes me feel confident in exploring subjects outside my comfort zone. You can take elective classes pass/fail, which I think emboldened me even further.
I've had a great time so far, and the academic setting is a dream. Professors are accessible to undergrads and willing to talk with you about anything related to their field. The housing and food is hit-or-miss, but I have had good experiences with SEAS (accessibility services) when my needs weren't met.
Brown is the most academically enriched, passionate place I've ever been. I'm entering my final year as an undergraduate, and have realized over the years that everyone I know at Brown is studying exactly the thing they most love. Many great speakers come to Brown, allowing students the chance to branch out from what they are familiar with and become well-rounded and knowledgeable about the world. I will say that as an Ivy League, it's inordinately wealthy and sometimes the attitudes that come along with high wealth like that can be frustrating. However, Brown will give you a challenging and creative academic experience, and you're likely to find a community you love as well.
Start Your Review of Brown University
Brown's open curriculum allowed me the flexibility to navigate multiple concentrations and decide which was best for me. Their diversity and inclusion efforts are also leading towards great institutional change. Most recently, these efforts have allowed for the creation of a First Generation and Low Income Student Center.
Brown University is one of the best undergraduate colleges in the world due to the attention it places on undergraduate studies rather than graduate work.
Brown is an excellent undergraduate institution with amazing faculty and an intimate feel. Fun fact: The CS department is really great, with CS now the most popular major at Brown
I absolutely love Brown! It's got wonderful freedom available to all students and is a great campus with a diverse and eclectic student body.
Great advising system, very welcoming community
I'm always impressed with my peers
Collaboration is encouraged among students, very little academic competition, which makes Brown unique among other Ivy League Schools.
I've really enjoyed my time at Brown. It is a place that emphasizes learning for the sake of learning, not just to get a grade or to be a means to an end. It has great opportunities for it's students and has the friendliest student body.
Brown appears to be an awesome place to go to school. I went on the campus tour and was really impressed. Providence is also very nice.
A specific thing about Brown that I loved was that there are no required classes; the curriculum is very open. This way, I can take classes that I'm actually interested in. I loved the location in the city, the size, and of course the rigorous academics. I also loved the diversity of the students.
Brown University is an incredible place, that encourages students to take risks in order to follow their passions in life.
Fantastic school, everyone there is to help you succeed and watch you grow into a professional. The classroom are the right size, so you can get the attention you need. The professors are always willing to go out their way to make sure you understand the lessons being taught in the classroom. There are plenty of on-hands activities to help you learn and advance in your field of study.
Brown University may be an Ivy League school, but its unique atmosphere allows for academic and intellectual exploration, which allows one to truly form their own path of education.
Brown is a magnificent school. It has helped me grow in ways I couldn't imagine before I came here. The community of students and faculty is diverse. Students are motivated, open-minded and inspiring. Most of my experiences here have been unforgettable and I only wish these four years didn't go by so fast.
Brown has excellent opportunities and everyone, from professors to students, is incredibly kind and helpful.
Brown University is an amazing place to go for undergrad. There's simply nowhere else that I'd rather spend four years learning and growing as a person. The open curriculum allows for lots of exploration and risk-taking in the classroom, and this culture bleeds into student life as well. The environment here is very relaxed and collaborative, and the students here are kind, accepting, and fun. And coming from a SoCal kid, the weather isn't even that bad! I've only been at Brown for one year, but I'm so glad I made the choice to come here when I was deciding between colleges last April.
Start Your Review of Brown University
Great city to go to school . Beautiful campus . Intimate surroundings and cozy downtown. Professors available at any time .
Brown students all share the belief that they can effect change. They are taught that their ripples will produce waves which will change the world... and as an alum, I can atttest that they do
I've only been here for a little over a semester, but Brown has been a fantastic experience so far. The campus is stunning, there are always fun things to do on the weekend (both on-campus and in the city), the Open Curriculum is LITERALLY the coolest thing ever, and you'll meet some truly amazing people if you decide to come!