Brown University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.51 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.62 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.61 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 41 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.87 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.101 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 45 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.40 responses
Brown University Reviews
Brown is amazing! I am convinced it is the best school in the world. The faculty is incredible and genuinely cares about the students. The students support each other and work hard every day. The education is intense and very high quality. Class options are vast, and the open curriculum gives students the ability to try many different subjects and classes that they maybe would not have tried otherwise.
Brown University is an amazing place to go for undergrad. There's simply nowhere else that I'd rather spend four years learning and growing as a person. The open curriculum allows for lots of exploration and risk-taking in the classroom, and this culture bleeds into student life as well. The environment here is very relaxed and collaborative, and the students here are kind, accepting, and fun. And coming from a SoCal kid, the weather isn't even that bad! I've only been at Brown for one year, but I'm so glad I made the choice to come here when I was deciding between colleges last April.
I love Brown. It is a place full of passionate people who all have a love of learning. My time here has been life-changing so far. The open-curriculum gives me greater opportunity to study what I want to. As a pre-med student, that opportunity is a rarity. The environment in non-competitive, everyone helps one another which is so refreshing at a top institution. Really, it is the student body that is the most incredible part of Brown. Brown attracts a type of student who is open, diverse, and intelligent. There is no place I would rather be during my undergraduate studies.