Brown Mackie College - Akron Reviews

I would chose this school again if I could do it all over because they are very caring and they work with you one on one.
they help you find a job quickly or even the place you intern at gives u an opportunity
  • Jan 31 2015
  • Value
the wifi and libary is always open for help as well as ebooks where the perforrs lectures are right at my disposal on e book
  • Jan 31 2015
  • Campus
Review Your College
the work load seem more rigorous than a traditional school setting
this schedule is every convenient because I work full time and I'm a full time father. so to have one course a month give me the chance to focus on what I need to and works well with my employment .
The post grad at my school; is ok from what I know. I've really haven't looked really indebt to it but the career center and job prospects was high when I researched that.
  • Value
The aid helped me with my fasfa enrolment and sat with me to make sure everything was decent and in order. the help find necessary document s to make sure they where turned in on time. the outcome is that I have to still pay outa pocket every moth to stay enrolled which I wasn't expecting because of grants and loans taken out.
  • Value
online course strip me from the face to face interaction with the class and teacher. if there was something I missed I couldn't get the teacher to pause and go back so that I made sure I got it. The non presence of the classroom was convenient because I was working but that made me lacksidaisicle on completing my work and void of focus at time.
My experiences with courses and professors at this moment are great. the classes are convent and the professor puts in extra effort to show he cares about each student. My classes aren't boring in the least and that's always a plus. the staff are friendly and welcoming to students for advice, homework help, or personal issues.
Career prospects are available for me with a degree from this school. I've looked into what was available for me before I chose this school and in the market, this school was competing.
  • Value
My major is business management, and the work load is average at this point considering that this is the first month of classes. the teacher is very passionate and focused on making sure that each student" get it". There are great internships available through the school that I've already looked into. they have access to the community and reach out on behave of all students'.
The academics offered are all centered in making sure we as students succeed. there very in depth to our majors with hands on approach and class time.
At my school there are more females then males, and the students themselves are goal oriented and hardworking. Everyone is excepted despite appearances major or social status.
Everything has went electronic basically. We have no library this sucks.
  • July 5 2014
  • Campus
Things are paced way to fast, if I could change schools I would. I won't because I have been here to long and all my classes wouldn't transfer. People do not retain the information well enough to do well in their fields.
BMC does what they call a blended class. Its on and off line I think it has decent peer interaction. Some professors link up with their students better then others. The workload is over bearing sometimes but feasible.
Enjoy most instructors. Really despise Gregory McCoy he doesn't break down his work. You can ask and ask and he refuses to help his students. He is very unprofessional the day of Literature finals he made everyone put up with a soccer game so he would not miss it. They need more professional instructors.
Review Your College
I personally think Career services help out immensely. Although I have only met with them twice so far.
  • July 4 2014
  • Value
Fast paced, lots of home work, very tough curriculum, and some fieldtrips.
Don't care for male Literature instructor unprofessional.