1. Atlanta, GA
  2. 2 Year

Brown College of Court Reporting Reviews

I will never recommend the online classes, too much going on. Depending on the class, some teachers more knowledgeable than others and a total waste of money and time.
They really go out of their way in this area.
  • Value
Refund checks are often not timely.
  • Value
In class much better than online.
The classes really prepare you for real life work as a court reporter.
Not a real campus, just office space made to be classrooms.
  • Campus
I want to be a court reporter and need a license to be one and Brown is the only school in my area that offers the classes.
This is a very hard field to learn. Some instructors are better than others, but if you stay focused on learning your craft, you will do well.
  • Campus
There is very little 'good' I can say about my academic experience here. Some teachers are not qualified to teach and do not show friendly interest or concern about their student's progress. There is a defensive attitude when questions are asked and the learning environment in some classes is hostile.
the general campus aesthetics meets average requirements but there is no interaction between students and some teachers.
  • Campus
Not a friendly or helpful school to attend. Once you sign up you are on your own.
  • Campus
The Computer network is not the problem - lack of helpful instruction and waste of tuition funds is the main problem.
  • Campus
Pretty Great – We as students have a great computer lab. we can research and use it freely. Printing as much as we would like because we pay a lab fee every quarter. Wireless is also available so using your laptop is easy and fast.
  • Campus
Not Much but We're Not Complaining – We don't have a lot of resources on campus but we do have great access to computers, teacher information, everything court reporting students need. I do wish we had a bigger eating area for the students and better parking but i cant complain.
  • Campus
Brown College is a small school, made up of mostly females. There are two sides to the school: the voice side and the steno side. These are two different ways to capture words and turn them into transcripts and official records.
  • Campus
Good Choice – Brown College of Court Reporting is the only certified court reporting school in the state of Georgia. It is a good school
Classes Are Great – It is a great school to attend to get really learn about Court Reporting. Teachers are very helpful and preparing you for the State Tests. Couldn't have picked a better school.
Career Center Very Helpful – Before completing the degree you have internship to complete before you can graduate the school. With the internship you are working in the field of study. They will also help you find the right agency at the end of completing the school.
  • Aug 14 2012
  • Value
Lots of Effort – Our career Services Coordinator is pretty awesome. She works with students, helping them network with working court reporters. She also helps you find an agency to work for so you can start working as soon as you graduate. She is very helpful and caring.
  • July 26 2012
  • Value
Could Be Better – The value of education is not worth the tuition I pay. Tuition should either be lower or the school should accept more grants and scholarships which would make it much easier on students. I work full-time and it's difficult. I don't receive much aid and because of that, I don't receive any refund checks and I owe my school for tuition. I only make maybe $230 dollars a week and I have rent, bills, utilities, and food to pay for. Its very difficult. I, as well as many other students, fill out applications for grants and scholarships a lot but my school doesn't accept a lot of them so that adds more strain to my financial situation.
  • July 26 2012