Brightwood College - San Diego Reviews

Brightwood college overall has been a great experience. I am currently in the RN nursing program and love every minute of it! I can't wait to take my skills out into the real world!
All of the classes are geared towards nursing. The program includes key general education courses required to complete the program and test for an RN license. The professors are extremely engaging and a wealth of information.
Nursing is an amazing career with a huge amount versatility when entering the job market.
  • Mar 3 2016
Review Your College
The program is 20 months long to receive an ADN degree. The application process requires students to have a minimum of 6 months paid work experience in a healthcare field to apply. The books are included with the price of admission and provided to students on the first day of class. The faculty want to see you succeed an provide several tools to supplement the text books.
The class size is really small. All of my classmates have a background in healthcare. All of the administration and faculty are easy to contact and helpful with answering questions.
awesome, but challenging. you learn what you need to learn, not just random stuff. teachers were cool and realistic. They tell you what to expect from the real jobs.
So far so good all the instructor are so friendly and helpful they really make you fell comfortable. I really like the atmosphere. I really recommend it
Overall Kaplan College is a great school. It would be even better if we had events and things at the school.
The biggest advantage is the accelerated pace. You don't have to wait on a list for years at a time in order to just start the program. Here, I am able to earn my RN within 2 years, and that's WITH prerequisites included. The biggest disadvantage is that Kaplan IS NOT regionally accreditated. This is a big problem if you plan to go get your BSN or MSN later on. Not many schools, especially UC/CSU will accept Kaplan because of this.
Wonderful, just wonderful. My advisor made me feel so comfortable, got me into the program I wanted to be in right away. Yes it is a bit expensive but I always say you get what you pay for. Your education really isn't something you should want to be "cheap".
Easy school to get into. Cost is too high and you don't get what you pay for
There are day classes or night classes.
Accelerated programs to get you through and on with your career.
I have a really great professor.
I have not used the career center yet, but I intend to in the future.
  • Value
My school is a melting pot of backgrounds, ages, and races.
Staff was very helpful in helping me apply for financial aid.
Review Your College
The have a career services department but I have not utilized them yet.
  • Value
Staff is very friendly and helpful.
My school mainly deals with healthcare or nursing programs, so I guess you can say it's their specialty.