Brigham Young University Reviews

7,151 reviews
I have loved attending BYU. The education I have received here has been amazing. I love the campus and the overall atmosphere of learning.
BYU was my dream school growing up. My whole family went here and all my friends wanted to go here. I think sometimes you build things up in your mind enough to where nothing can live up to it. That's definitely what happened here. But I'm hopeful that next year will be an improvement.
I have loved my experience at BYU. The religious atmosphere really adds to the feeling of community on campus.
Start Your Review of Brigham Young University
Great academics but delusional policies. Students are pretty brain washed. College is where you get out from your upbringing and explore new thinking. That doesn't happen here.
BYU provides an excellent education for a great price! The costs to attend are low compared to other schools, but the quality of education is among the top universities. There are so many resources and staff really strive to help the students succeed and prepare for life after college.
Brigham Young University is an amazing school! It combines high quality secular learning with an environment that builds character and fosters personal honor and accountability. Through this, the students that are produced become amazing contributors to society .
All in all, I love BYU. Recently I was considering transferring, when I got a scholarship from financial aid, completely out of the blue. I was shocked, but decided to stay. Getting the scholarship was honestly the best thing for me since I really fell in love with the campus and friends I made this last semester and I was going to be very sad to see it go if I transferred. Now I don't have to, and I can afford to stay here!
BYU is a great school. I love going there and being in such an uplifting environment. However, sometimes the culture can be a bit much and harm one's self esteem.
BYU is a university that provides a remarkable education and focuses on helping young people develop into strong, capable, spiritual contributors to society.
NO SPRING BREAK
I don't like the fact that most girls are here to meet boys and please their parents. They study exercise science and leisure management. GMAB.
Amazing friendly atmosphere and awesome professors who motivate to push yourself and do your best. It can be academically challenging but there are plenty of resources to help students out. Everything is also considerably more affordable than most other colleges.
BYU academics are really good and exceptional for the cost. I think more and more students are starting to question the oppressive administration. Teaching young adults to be ashamed of their bodies and resist natural functions is detrimental to whole health.
It is a great school with a wonderful atmosphere. The professors are willing to help students. The campus is great and easy to get around. It is a great opportunity and place to study. It is a great social place to meet new people.
Absolutely an amazing school. Loved what I've seen so far, and can't wait to continue. Obviously, some won't enjoy an LDS centered education approach, but if you want to see how the gospel relates to education, this is the place.
BYU is competitive but in a positive way. There is an incredibly friendly atmosphere and just about everyone is polite and willing to help you. I always feel safe on campus.
I love going to school here! The professors care about their students and they want to see them succeed. There are many activities that students can participate in throughout the year. The school fosters a community of respect and christ-like love.
Start Your Review of Brigham Young University
I am a current student at Brigham Young University. About 97% of the students are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Of course everyone’s not perfect, but the church teaches high standards to its members, resulting in high morale values and enthusiasm in learning. The professors are very good at teaching and are very supportive to its students. The school provides a safe learning environment with students eager to learn. The school provides a high level of education, with accounting being in the top three in the nation. BYU is a great school to attend.
I love BYU because you know it is somewhere you can go to learn and be edified. The teachers are devoted to helping you individually and want to see you succeed. The student body is competitive and fun allowing you to both focus on your classes while not taking yourself too seriously. The campus itself is beautiful and clean while giving off the air of a studious and driven environment.
I love this university but I can say that it is not for everyone. BYU is very strict and very religion bases so if that is not for you then I wouldn't suggest this school for you. For me it has been a huge blessing!