Brigham Young University - Hawaii Reviews

So good! Teachers are very personable and willing to help. Good on campus resources for academic help. Good atmosphere, close to the beach, nice people.
It has been a great experience applying for and getting excepted to byu Hawaii. It's an awesome campus with a dedicated staff and student body. Great town.
BYU is a great and welcoming school. It is so cool to see such a melting pot of cultures and backgrounds all on one campus.
Review Brigham Young University - Hawaii
I loved going to BYU-Hawaii. I miss it terribly and would go back in an instance. The location made it amazing. The faculty was great, although the staff wasn't the best. The diversity was incredible and the opportunities are amazing as well. I love all the different opportunities they give you as a student there, both to learn from different cultures and to grow as a person.
BYUH is a great school! The classes are smaller and the diversity among the students is amazing! I love being here!
Great student body, healthy atmosphere and helpful classes and teachers. Community also is a good place to live, though it would be nice to have some more school sports opportunities.
BYU Hawaii is a wonderful university full of culture, experience, and amazing faculty. It is truly a unique college experience that will expand your horizons and make you feel like part of something bigger than yourself.
The fact that you get to live in Hawaii is a great reason to go to this school. Beaches are within short driving distance, and it's a great way to rewind after classes and papers. The area is pretty dead at night, so don't expect night life. The town is very safe but campus is really tiny. Walking around campus you will see students from everywhere around the world and it's a bonus. Academics are okay, not great but definitely not bad. If you're going into Graphic Design, don't pick this school because their program is honestly terrible.
This University allows for you to recieve an excellent education as well as meet students from tons of places throughout the world. They have cultural activities to help you adjust to the different cultures you meet and help you adjust to college life.
BYU-Hawaii is a very unique experience. There is no other college in the world that has an amusement park next to it, or has students representing over 70 different countries in the world. The most amazing thing to do here is to learn and live other people's cultures with them, especially with the Polynesian Cultural Center so close by. The neighborhood is extremely friendly, people are very tight knit, and the overall community is unlike any other place in the world. I love learning at BYU-H. However, the reason I rate it 3 stars is because of location and the low quality of the housing and the cafeteria, as well as the old campus. If the facilities could keep up, this school would be so much more enjoyable. It is also in the country side of Hawaii, so to get to any town, it takes at least 40 minutes by car.
BYU-H is the coolest school ever. My apartment is 5 minutes walk from the beach, no joke. The school has a very laid back vibe, and the people are all seem really friendly. It's extremely affordable as well. I would definitely recommend it.
Brigham Young University Hawaii is a great place to study. I love everything about it! I love it because it provides the students everything they needed.They are not concern only for the student's academics but they are also concern for their spiritual learning. They care about you and they want you to succeed in life. They will build your character to become the best person you can ever be. They want you to become better providers to your family as well leaders in your country as you step out of their University.The professors are great too and they will help you in anyway they can. They know the students name pretty well. Also, it is a very diverse school with lots of international students. Most of the population is international students. It gives the students the opportunity to associate with different cultures, learn experiences from them and meet students from all over the world.
I love attending BYUH! The only thing I would change is the food. Not very good, but I just eat at home. It's a beautiful campus full of diversity and has an excellent business program. It's also incredibly safe.
Brigham Young University-Hawaii is a great school to study at. It has a great diversity of students from all around the world for you to learn from. There is a great vibe from the school: it is relaxed but it is still school. The only problems that I notice is that the school never gets anything done on time such as scholarship information, class information, etc. There is not enough housing to accommodate the amount of students they accept and there is a feeling that they like the foreign students better than the mainland America students. They think that we have the money to come to school even if we don't. They don't wnat to help with funding from my point of view.
If you are really committed to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, then you'll probably have a good time. If not, I strongly advise against it. The honor code will crush you if you don't agree with it: mandatory church attendance, strict dress code, no boys allowed in the girls' dorms and vice versa, absolutely no alcohol or even coffee, the list goes on. Besides the lifestyle changes you'll have to make, it's not even a great school academically.
I love Brigham Young University Hawaii. The culture and diversity this school brings is very unique and no other place in the world is similar. Brigham Young Hawaii is full of individuals wanting to learn and experience cultural differences and be able to participate and interact with others. Though the school is dominantly LDS there are other cultures and religions here at the university that everyone is open to. One thing that I have loved is going to a University with as many people that share the same beliefs as I do. Hawaii is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been and I have enjoyed attending this university and will be sad to leave when my time comes.
Everyone you meet will either be a local or they're from the other side of the world. BYUH is also connected to the Polynesian Cultural Center right next door; PCC is a nonprofit organization which the students can benefit from to pay for their education. You can either dorm on-campus or off. It is a little pricey, but hey welcome to paradise. It is in waking distance of the Laie, Hawaii Temple, lots of local beach spots including Pounders Beach that has the trampoline, a local shopping center and many more. You can also drive to Sunset Area for cool surfing competitions, snorkeling areas or drive down to town.
Review Brigham Young University - Hawaii
I am so thankful to get the opportunity to attend such a wonderful university. This school is one of the most ethnically diverse universities per capita in the nation. Not only do I get a formal education but the cultural diversity adds for a more in depth and intricate education. I learn so much from the professors and also my fellow students whether they be from the same country as me or from the other side of the globe. All though the school is smaller than what I am used to, there is a strong sense of unity between the students, faculty, and even community members. I definitely made the right choice by coming here.
Brigham Young University- HI is a great environment, based on religious standards that students can uphold. These standards ensure a friendly society. The diversity is one of the highlights of the school; people from all over come to BYUH to further their education, and so it brings a melting pot of different cultures, that adds to the color of the school. Though there are not many majors offered here, the classes are small, and the professors do a great job at making sure they help you succeed. If your major is offered here, I'd recommend you to check it out. BYUH is has the perfect location, far from the city, yet in an area where many tourists come to visit and admire. The community is welcoming, and friendly as well.
I love this University. It has a very diverse student body. I have friends from all over the world. It is a small school with small classes and my professors know me by name. Small classes make it easier to have one on one time and get extra help from your teachers. Very good on campus housing and in a very nice community. Lots of stuff to do on and around campus.