Bridgewater State University Reviews

1,013 reviews
I just transferred to BSU and I absolutely love it. It is definitely a growing school in all aspects including academic and social.
I like Bridgewater State University because it is not too far from home and my family. Also the commuter rail is right on campus which makes travelling easier. The class size is not too big and my professors know who I am when I am in class. The professors are very welcoming and want you to succeed. The students are also very willing to help it is overall a welcoming kind environment that I am happy to be apart of.
I haven't attended this school yet but I love the environment and the community that surrounds the campus! Such a helpful staff and extremely professional school!
Start Your Review of Bridgewater State University
This school may not be the typical disgusting party weekend school some look for, but its the perfect balance of everything. There are a million ways to get involved and feel included on campus, housing and food is decent, nightlife is there if you seek it, the campus is wicked safe, and HOLY MOLY do the staff members at BSU care. The support and care I received from all of the staff and faculty at BSU was unreal. I'm a few years out from undergrad and I still have staff checking in on me to see how my successful life is going. They care. Bridgewater isn't some school you go to for four years and never go back to, this is a school you'll want to go to homecoming for. Sure it doesn't have the glitz and glamour with millions of dollars from alum and parents, but so what? If you want to have the perfect college experience, you have to make it that way. I am so incredibly thankful for my time at BSU, and honestly recommend it as often as I can.
Bridgewater State is an excellent university. There are many dedicated students, professors, and staff. Many opportunities can be found on campus whether it be sports, organizations, student government, and/or internships. Very friendly student life. Nice Campus. Strives to bring diversity, success to its students, and build an ongoing community.
I transferred to BSU after completing the Mass Transfer Program at Massasoit Community College. BSU is a great campus with sources everywhere if help is needed for anything! Professors are great and the location is great because it is super close to home! Overall, BSU is a great college and very convenient!
My experience at Bridgewater State has been in tremendous! The professors are respectful and the academics are pleasant. The food is debatable at times, but other than that the campus is extremely diverse and has a beautiful scenery.
I like the fact that BSU is very affordable in comparison to other colleges of the same caliber. Although BSU does in fact hold up its end of the bargain academically, I found it a bit lacking in terms of campus livelihood. Luckily, good social skills and not being afraid to step out of your comfort zone will go a long way and can contribute to having fun at BSU.
Bridgewater state is an excellent school with intelligent staff and a great community. Some of the core requirements are a bit tedious, making graduating on time harder for some people. Overall, the school is an excellent option for students of all abilities.
Love the people and amount of things to do on campus. Sometimes communication with administrative offices is a little lacking, but if you go in or call they are friendly and happy to help. On the website some things are hard to find.
Bridgewater is a great school with a lot of potential. It does have some accessibility issues on their website that needs to be fixed though. The atmosphere is great and the professors are overall amazing. They really try to connect to all their students, even the commuters which is much appreciated. The parking used to be bad but the garage has truly changed that predicament.
It's alright. I would say my favorite aspect is the professors. Most of the ones I've had have been pretty great. Other than that the place is pretty average. You do have a lot of opportunities to enhance your academic career, though.
Teachers are involved and caring. Lots of resources to help with classes. Lots of clubs to be involved with. Big campus to get to know a lot of people. Pretty diverse school. There is always something to do on campus.
Staff and Teachers are so kind. Always makes sure that you understand and are on task with everything.
I enjoyed living on campus at Bridgewater. The teachers and classes were great and there was a lot of opportunities for community involvement.
When I first learned I was going to Bridgewater State, I wasn’t the happiest. I couldn’t afford my top choice school, and I knew BSU didn’t specialize in my major of Political Science, as much as their Education and Science programs. However, after joining extracurricular groups, eventually becoming an executive board member of some; making the Dean’s List, and being offered competitive internship opportunities, I realized that it’s better to go to an average school and stand out than a more prestigious institution, where it’s harder to do so.
Bridgewater State has a very welcoming environment for the students and I really appreciate that. They strive to make commuters feel apart of the community and work towards encouraging all students to do well in their academics as well as any other extracurricular activities.
Start Your Review of Bridgewater State University
I have recently completed my first semester at BSU. From what I can tell, this is 100% a "suitcase school". During the week, the campus has lived in, people are everywhere, events are taking place, and the dining halls are filled. But once the weekends hit, the dorm buildings are empty, and the weekend events rarely happen. Food is decent. The Residence Halls are nice from the four I've been in/ invited to. People here are friendly. And there is a commuter rail stop that leads into South Station, Boston. The train stop is right in the middle of campus.
My experience at Bridgwater State University has been a rollercoaster of emotions. I have had my highest and lowest moments attending the university. Whether it was joining a club or flunking an exam. Each moment was indeed memorable sculpting me into the person I am today. The diversity across campus speaks for itself. The clubs and students involved have been a voice for the minority. It is hard to say what would need to be changed on campus since there is always room for improvement. One thing would have to be the dining halls. At times students run out of meal swipes or dining money to eat. Students shouldn’t be denied food around the end of the semester just because they didn’t chose the better meal plan which can often be frustrating.
Bridgewater State University is such a great school for education majors. The program which teaches students how to be great teachers is vigorous and demanding, but it trains students very well.