Briar Cliff University Reviews

Very unprofessional staff from the business side. You will get no answers, because no one knows what they are doing and they don't seem to care. It is very disappointing considering they are a private Catholic institution, I would expect so much more. The only thing that saves this university is the professors.
I though briad cliff was a great experience and I loved it. Some things could have been better, like the food. But other than that it was great!
Start Your Review of Briar Cliff University
I took classes online at the end of the semester and one class online throughout the year. I thought they navigated well and did a good job.
I came to Briar Cliff as a transfer from big college in another state during spring semester of my freshman year. My overall experience has been alright since professors are really here to help you academically to maintain a high GPA. Athletics are not the best nor the coaches and facilities, however, large portions of students here are athletes. Diversity here is really great since I have many friends that are literary from everywhere around the world including myself.
It is a very small school and does not really offer the College ambiance I was expecting. Overall academically the professors do a great job of being helpful to students and that is really appreciated. Being a part of a sports program is super beneficial since the school is mostly made up of student athletes. I never really had any issues with the school itself but, if you are looking for the full college experience this might not be the school for you.
Not what I expected. The academics are poor, faculty missing in action, no resources and ridiculos experience. I came to get an education and play volleyball, but I'm forced to choose one or the other.
Briar Cliff is great. Nice community, great professors. Great sports teams. I feel like I'm at home when I'm at Briar Cliff.
Briar Cliff is a very nice place in Sioux City, Iowa. There is so many things to do on and off campus. There is a wide variety of athletics that students can attend. We have floor events, where each floor can decide what they want to like going to see a movie or going bowling.
I loved the academics and professors at BCU. They really care about their students and do whatever they can to help you succeed.
This is not a good university. The buildings are run down the equipment is broken and the faculty are not very good. My parents pay for this or Id would go somewhere else. I just hope graduating from here won't prevent me from getting into graduate school.
There are many different choices as to why the university you want is the best for you but at Briar Cliff University, we offer many different aspects of the best university experience. You get to experience what you are interested in majoring along with learning the values of being a Franciscan. Briar Cliff also offers many clubs for students to get involved in including Women/Men of Color, Spanish Club, Art Club and many more. While getting involved in clubs you get to meet new friends. At the end of the four years, your are just not leaving with your degree but with new friends that you made along the way, a college experience, and new life skills that will help you all throughout your future career.
Briar Cliff University is a Catholic Franciscan Liberal Arts University. I am currently a senior and have enjoyed the past four years at Briar Cliff from their performing art and diverse population and opportunities to their religious ceremonies. Briar Cliff students truly share all these variety of experiences with each other.
I came to Briar Cliff as a single mother of two very young children. I remember feeling lost, without passion, without purpose, and weighed down by a history of addiction and domestic abuse. After three years, I have not only found my passion and purpose for life but have also discovered strength within myself that I had never experienced before. The professors, advisors, and students have guided me to success in my academic and career path while teaching me about life and everything that encompasses it. Beliefs, opinions, traditions, and cultures are expressed by students and faculty in a respectful and inspirational way, embracing everyone who comes on campus. Also, the campus is beautiful and shows off the hard work done by both faculty and the students.
As a non-traditional, online student, Briar Cliff and my advisors have been extremely helpful in creating a path for my degree while taking into account that I am a Mom and work a full-time job. Briar Cliff is making it easy to feel comfortable and confident about returning to school.
Just go to Morningside. Briar Cliff University just wants your money. There are some extremely shady business practices going on, and any positive review seems to mostly either be from students that were prompted to fill this out, or students that have not been here a while.
If you are like me and don't really care about nightlife or things to do (or I guess even if you do, the city is pretty dead) avoid Briar Cliff. I'll break this down for you so you can also avoid wasting time and money:
Drug use is rampant on campus, not just the occasional cloud of weed either.
You will watch your friends go to uni and wonder if you made a mistake
Should you have questions or concerns, best of luck.
I'm pretty pleased to say that the professors overall are great! They seem a little dead in side but they're extremely accommodating and kind.
Also be extremely aware of your graduation requirements. They make tons of money on super seniors.
Terrible. A place to avoid. I cannot believe this place claims to be a college. I learned more in high school from teachers who weren’t miserable. They want your money but can’t give you a reasonable place to live or eat. And sports are a joke. Every coach thinks they are so much better than anyone ever. They expect us to work, work work and don’t seem to even realize we are supposed to be in college. I’m not going pro.
Start Your Review of Briar Cliff University
My experience at Briar Cliff has been nothing short of amazing, the professors have been extremely helpful and considerate. Sports are a huge part of campus life and that helps create a sense of family and it's really easy to connect with the student body.
My overall experience here was good. The academics, professors and staff really are here to help you. A bonus is that a large portion of the student population is athletes, so academics are very understanding and blend well if you stay on top of things. If you are looking for somewhere small to make close friends and benefit from a smaller class size, this is the place for you!
There is no changes needed to be made. I think this is a great college. I will be interested in the college.