Brewton-Parker College Reviews

I like the quietness of the campus community. The campus community is small so things can be personable. Being a private Christian College there is church service and for many that is a great benefit. Their financial aid department needs some tweeking , maybe they need some more help. I will say in a crisis there are people, counselors that can help you. There activities that the college hold that are fun and helps the students to interact with one another . The dorms have been updated and security cameras have been installed. This may help deter any thieves that come on campus.
It's a start off school. Most people leave after there second year. If you're a small town person this school is great for you but if you're from Atlanta or somewhere big like that then it'll be a big change for you.
I love the atmosphere and the dorms .
Start Your Review of Brewton-Parker College
I play for the athletics , and it's very great.
I love them dorms , and I love the social life.
I don't even know how the career counseling goes, because I don't live on campus, but I think people who graduate from here can get jobs as well as anyone else without a fancy degree.
The professors for in-seat classes are helpful, generally, but the online professors take forever to get back to you and it seems like they don't care as much.
Though they work very slowly, it's still good
The school itself is poor and bankrupt.

The town is small and set apart from everything. They are no public transportation. The school does not supply transportation. So getting necessities is difficult.

The area doesn't have any activities, no hang out spot or anything. If you are caught going to an outside club, bar, house party they will kick you out.

The school is racist and discriminates against its minority students, but its common in south Georgia

There is no campus life.

The education quality is poor. You have teachers that are hired they're without degrees because they know people that work there. They are no rules and regulations. Teachers could do whatever they want, like not show up and break codes and its ok, because they are so scarce on staff. The work is really not challenging and of good quality. Most staff members are not qualified for their position.

Most students graduate within 5 or 6 years because limited course offerings.

The president, vice president , and academic dean is corrupt and have in the past falsify documents and blackmail students

They steal from the Federal government in their funds allocation, taking away money from federal funded work study programs to pay their employees.

Its not worth the money.

They have sports, but horrible unqualified coaches. Like a baseball coach coaching track and field and soccer.

The coaches are hired and fired about every year. They are always only one team that does good each season.

However, the few students they have are friendly. They have 3 - 4 qualified staff that cares about their student. The BCM ministry is really good in their efforts in promoting christ and fellowship.
My school has a great athletic department, and most students that attend are there on athletic scholarships. School spirit is great, it could be better, but no one really complains.
I really like the atmosphere, and the students are nice. The location is nice and quaint, but if you're looking for the big college-town feel then it's not for you. I love that athletics are a big focus, and our teams are really good.
The professors I've had are nice, and it seems like most of them are. The administrators are nice but sometimes they don't have your stuff together. The class sizes are small, which makes me like them.
The food is ok, there's not a lot to choose from and no late-night options.
The Greek Life is not huge at this school.
It's in a small town, so there is really nothing to do off-campus unless you feel like driving at least an hour.
You have to know the right people to find good parties; they are not very often but when they do happen they are pretty good. The parties take place in apartments and houses around town...I've never heard of one in the dorm areas. When the parties do happen, it is a positive impact on the student experience because you get to meet new people and socialize.
I don't eat on campus very often. I usually cook at home. When I decided to eat out the variety is average.
Start Your Review of Brewton-Parker College
I have not had much contact with the "Greek" life. Most of the time I only hear bad things about them and how all they do is throw parties.
I am personally not very involved in sports on campus. I have heard only good things about them from other students who are involved.
Most students come for sports, some sports do better than others but, overall everyone is better each year. Workouts are intense and vary every time you go to team workouts. Most of the teams are well diverse in ethnicity but, also in nationality. Each team has a certain trainer they see. Most teams are like brother/sisterhoods, but we all come together to support each other and work together to strive for more.