Brazosport College Reviews

When I started at Brazosport I started late and didn't think I would even be able to attend. However, after going to the school and meeting with the counselor he sprung into action. Dr. Greer helped me get my application started by getting me through the TX.APPLY step to enroll while I was right there in his office. After the initial set up application, we started talking about my transcripts. My transcripts were a little tricky because they came from 3 different colleges so he introduced me to Ms. Mills the advisor/secretary over the Bachelors of Applied Technology Program (B.A.T) She helped me get all the information needed to get all of my transcripts sent to the administration office electronically. Within two short weeks I had made the deadline of getting all my paperwork in, fees paid and was enrolled in my first two classes. I can't thank the college enough for having such great staff. They are thoughtful, helpful, and helpful from start to finish.
The online experience at Brazosport is wonderful. The syllabus is well written for each class. most of the time the teachers will have you sign an acknowledgment that you understood it so there's no confusion. The staff is great so you can always contact them by e-mail, cell phone, text, or college contacts.
I enjoyed online learning at Brazosport College. I believe the classes were set up as closely as possible to an in person class. Everything was clearly stated in the syllabus. Professors provided all the learning material you needed and were always ready to answer questions and help when needed.
Start Your Review of Brazosport College
Brazosport college has provided me with the best opportunity for success. Choosing Brazosport College after high school allowed me to save money for 2 years and build relationships with everyone on campus. The campus is literally like a family and the professors interact with students and get to know them. There are so many events hosted around campus so there is always something to do. They provide you with free tutoring which helps you whenever you need it.
We use D2L Brightspace platform for our online classes. It works very well, is simple to learn, and almost never has issues. I have been fully online since the beginning and it works well for me. I have maintained a 4.0 GPA the entire time, and am a member of Phi Theta Kappa. The instructors are great, always available by email or phone if needed, and always helpful. Online tutoring is also available if needed.
The transition to fully online due to Covid-19 went well, and few students actually dropped courses. The spring semester is technically still going after a pause for the in-person classes/trades that had to be completed in person, but only after the college went above and beyond in getting the college ready by creating special classrooms with social distancing guidelines in effect. The college is also handing out facemasks and doing temp checks at the door for all students that have to come in, as well as any employees that must be there.
What I really enjoyed in Brazosport College was a great experience with the professors and the Faculty there. I love how they have amazing classes that fit in with my prerequisites and how affordable it is.
The staff is very helpful and I enjoy going here because it is close to home and offers online classes so I can get college credit while I'm at home
Financial aid is stellar! The professors are very supportive of all their students. They want nothing more than for you to succeed! Since the school is so small it allows for one on one time with instructors
Brazosport College offers a dual credit program that is very beneficial and convenient for high school students.
I enjoyed taking the online courses. The professors were available if I needed them. The school is good at noticing a student's academic achievement and provides scholarships accordingly. Only downside is the cost of books on campus. Though they do offer a price match at the bookstore; I found it easier and more affordable to order through amazon.com and rent or own the textbook that way.
I would like more professors to choose from in the classes I know I will struggle in. Other than that, the college has supplied me for the future extremely well.
I only take science classes there, so I don't spend any time in the main building, but the college is very nice. The writing center is very good and has helped me with many assignments. Every teacher I've had at BC has been good. It's a very good place to get your basics before transferring to another college.
The best part about Brazosport College is that they now offer a 4 year degree with contracts for graduate degrees with other major universities. The ease of registering and the online class options are wonderful for my busy life and it is what made me decide to go back for the 4 year degree. I can do all that without breaking the bank.
Brazosport College has a great atmosphere. Everyone on the staff is always friendly and willing to help with whatever it may be that you need. They make it very easy to be successful at Brazosport College. Classes are small and teacher to student ratio is amazing. Brazosport College even has a great student life. They have the Swamp where students can relax, play video games, billiards and many more. The college even has an on campus child care center with great rates for students and staff members.
Very good, friendly community college. Helpful on multiple levels and the people try to work around your schedule.
The counselors are extremely helpful with helping you plan for your future no matter what your path is.
Start Your Review of Brazosport College
I am very pleased with my first semester at Brazosport College. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. The appearance of the college is modern and artsy and I love it, it is easy to maneuver around and if you get lost, just ask! The resources are very good, there are so may computers available at all times. As well as study locations, the college is usually quiet and supportive to studying students. I have never felt mistreated or unsafe here, that is always good!
They are definitely there to help students succeed. Easy to enroll, and most of the teachers are really there for you as a student.
Excellent College to attend if you are considering! Definitely recommend to all students in the area.