Brandeis University Reviews

The majority of classes are very well taught and headed by professors that are beyond over-qualified to be lecturing. While not a place for partying or excelling athletics by any means, there is a very lively community with plenty of opportunity for meeting social needs through clubs. If, however, one is not interested in a club or sport, or is not Jewish, then the social scene is a bit more trying, as many of the students seem to be less sociable outside of class.
Brandeis has rigorous and challenging academic programs. The professors are all passionate about what they are teaching and will always take time with students whenever needed. The party scene and social life at Brandeis is easy to find if you want it, but there is definitely a strong community that shies away from it. The proximity to Boston is great and there are free shuttles to the city, where there is always something to do when you want to get away from Waltham and not so great dining hall food. One thing the school needs to work on is diversity and representation of different backgrounds in professors and staff.
I love Brandeis! The community is friendly and welcoming. The teachers are amazing and really care about their students. The only downside is the administration. They do not listen to the students. Financial aid is also terrible. They rarely give enough money to students.
Start Your Review of Brandeis University
Brandeis is a fairly liberal school. Academic-wise, cultural-wise, and the respect between students regardless of their ethnicity, gender orientation, and backgrounds truly gave me the impression that this campus is open to any students who have the aspirations of becoming part of a diverse and hard-working student body.
I am majoring in chemistry. I think that the academics are good. I do think that some of the faculty could be improved. I hope that as the older faculty continue to retire, they will be replaced with young and newly impassioned professors. I think that the diversity is good, however many people seem to stick with their own race. This can be improved. I think that the athletics are okay but those who are on a sports team can be a little marginalized into their own group because they are always at practice.
The people here are so friendly. It's like its own town inside Waltham. Food could be better but overall the people and the professors are amazing.
Hated it. Teachers did not care, campus sucked, zero diversity, way too expensive, everyone is so strange and the food was disgusting. Going here was the worst decision of my life.
The faculty at this university is absolutely amazing with professors who are fully qualified experts in their subjects and are most often involved in research and contributing to their fields even today. There are many opportunities to be involved in research (even as a freshman!) and fun clubs and diverse organizations on campus.
Brandeis University may not hold the most accolades of the numerous new England liberal arts schools, but it's communicative, curious, and creative culture make it shine beyond other schools. Brandeis has a strong if short, history and this history helps students find footholds in the college's culture and life.

Academics are often phenomenal with small class sizes and teachers who are devoted to the student's success. Campus facilities and housing are acceptable, and renovations are regularly being made (although freshman housing is always very cramped and sucks the most). Resources for everything from mental health to lab access are readily available, and encouraged, for students. food is mediocre, and unfortunately, standard, dining hall fare.

over all a great school because of the culture of the student body and faculty.
Brandeis is a great school filled with great people. The professors are top notch and will help you if you are struggling. The dorms and food could be better, but are honestly not the worst around. I love Brandeis and I could not think of a better place to attend!
Brandeis University offers students a variety of extracurricular activities and academic challenges to push students to achieve their full potential. The class sizes are generally small and the professors are concerned with student success. However, the residence halls on campus are sub-par; the roof caved in in one building and the heating is either non-existent or unbearable. Additionally, there are kosher options available on campus, which are often more appetizing that the non-kosher options on campus.
I started about two months ago. I am taking a lot of courses, which comes with a lot of work and studying. But I have also made a ton of friends already. I love my roommate and close friends here. Meals are good too :) they cater to any needs. It's really wonderful. and the campus is beautiful.
Professors here try their hardest to infuse their leftist agenda into their students' minds. Very difficult to find a professor who respects personal opinions that do not coincide with their way of thinking.

With this being said, Brandeis is regarded as one of the best academic schools in New England.
I fell in love with this community from the moment I set foot on campus. It went from a safety school to my first choice for multiple reasons. This campus was home for 4 years and it still feels like home to this day.
I'm grateful for the opportunities I found and received in Film Department, although the department lacks producing opportunities. Proud to be an alumna.
Brandeis was a very good school with wonderful teachers and a plethora of educated professors. I learned so much and was involved in many extra curricular activities, while completing my triple major.
Lots of volunteering opportunities. Great big campus - greenery. Cold weather. Nice dorms. Teachers challenge their students. Majority is Jewish and Chinese students.
Start Your Review of Brandeis University
Brandeis University gave me everything it promised and more during my first semester as a student. I have been exposed to a wide range of highly challenging courses with top notch professors who are dedicated to their students' success. The campus is very well groomed, student life is full of a wide range of consistently active clubs and events, the students here are generally outgoing and diverse, and the entire university is dedicated to the social awareness of its impact on the world.
What I would like to see more of is administratively led social diversity where not only the diversity of the student body is promoted, but also of the faculty.
Also, the standards of our food desperately need to be higher in quality and nutrition not only within the dining halls, but also within the campus grocery stores especially for those who do not have the ability to take themselves food shopping off-campus
The social life sucks here so much, that it makes my preschool look like a party school. The parties are horrible: too crowded, bad music, and nobody knows how to dance. Even if you don't like to party, finding things to do on campus besides homework is usually a struggle. On most Fridays nights when I ask someone if they want to hang out their response ranges from, I got to do homework, to I have to study for this test I have in a month. Most weekends I often find myself asking, "where did all the people go?" with the response being, "they're all in the library." The academics are pretty solid, but unless you find gong to the library enjoyable, I would suggest going to another school. Eating off campus is a must otherwise you may go into good food withdrawal. Quirky, weird, or strange seem to be the words that best captures most students at Brandeis. Between the obsession over social justice and Quidditch I often question why I ever chose to go here in the first place.
Very little diversity of thought. Very liberal. If you are conservative you run the risk of being blacklisted and getting hate mail. SJWs have routinely attempted to censor conservatives from the major newspapers on campus. Oh and if you are white you better be ready to admit your privileged and profusely apologize.