Bowling Green State University Reviews

2,317 reviews
BGSU is a great college! It offers a wide variety of activities. I enjoy my classes and am learning a great deal toward my major. I believe that anyone would find that Bowling Green State University is an ideal place for anyone to get their college education. The cost is very reasonable and my program is one of a kind.
Bowling Green is a wonderful university. It offers something here for everyone. People come here and they find out who they are or they grow into the person they are meant to be. We learn and shape into the adult we are supposed to become. It is a safe university. BGSU is filled with a large amount of school spirit. You can't go a day without at least putting a school shirt on or walking by the mascot and giving them a high five. The professors care about you and the work that you do. As long as you put in the effort, so will they. Overall, 4 years fly by. You look forward to coming here after high school and then you blink and it's gone. You feel sadnes when you think you won't ever experience a pride or spirit like this again at any other school or part of your life.
without bowling green and all it has to offer, I wouldn't be here today and I definitely wouldn't be as confident in myself or on my path for my major. I'm grateful for this school and all it has to offer me.
Start Your Review of Bowling Green State University
BGSU has been a really great place to grow. I am really glad that I chose this school, it has a friendly environment and good people. I have learned a lot since I have moved here so far, the science department is great.
Bowling Green takes advantage of the disabled and struggling for profit.

I still cannot access my transcripts years later due to disabilites, ALL I HAVE IS DEBT with nothing to show for it, no job prospects.

NOBODY CARES, and if they do they have no authority to affect change.

This college will ruin your life and feed you lies to convince you to go into debt as long as it puts money in their pocket. Avoid if you value your future!
I fell in love with BGSU when i first moved in as a freshman. It is a change of pace from growing up in a big city, but absolutely worth the experience.
This was a terrible college for me to start at. My advisors were constantly changed and were never helpful. Staff is extremely difficult to stay in contact with because they all seem to be too busy to bother with their students whether they are trying to get ahead or just catch up. I wish I never would have gone here and I'm happy to say that I am transferring to a much more involved and helpful school.
BGSU is a very good college for undergraduates who are looking for not only good academics, but also a good social life. The college of business is one of the best in the country, and it’s definitely one of the reasons why I love BG so much. There’s also so much to do on campus. Sure, there’s the Greek life, and the parties. But there’s also a ton of different clubs and intramurals you can join. Is the university perfect? No, there’s definitely some mild problems. The dining halls serve subpar food (but there are quite a few different food choices). And the guidance counselors should really try to be more helpful towards the first year students, who I’ve heard many complaints about not knowing about some key amenities. But besides those minor issues, Bowling Green State is definitely a top tier university.
I love the town of Bowling Green. What I would love to see change is the dorm situation. They have taken down one dorm and are talking about taking another one down. They haven't replaced the dorms with new ones. Now they kick everyone out after their sophomore year. Other than that its great.
Very fun college to go to and a great place to study. The college tuition can be up there in pricing but the community is great and the professors.
As a Fulbright student at BGSU (2010-2012), I enjoyed my student life and loved most of the seminars I took, if not all. The American Cultures Studies program from which I graduated was pivotal in my academic experience and development.
I love my school I've had a great experience. I have found a great fit for my needs and wants. I have made some of the best friends of my life while excelling in academics. I started in exercise science and I am in the process of transferring to the college of business.
I really like the campus life of bowling green state. The campus is beautiful and the people who work there are friendly and helpful. There is a wide range of majors offered.
In my search for an English MA Teaching program I found that I need to attend one that allows me to continue full time employment and attend classes. All of the schools that offer my program locally require that I take some daytime classes. This just isn't possible. BGSU offers my program completely online, with exactly the coursework and degree that I was looking for.

The requirements for entry are not the usual online program "just sign up."
There are requirements such as references and work submissions. They processed my application quickly. They were available for any questions that I had. They even processed my financial aid quickly.

The coursework is rigorous and at a graduate level that I would expect of a good university, such as BGSU. I am so pleased that I found this program. I am looking forward to a lot of hard work, and a well-earned and valuable program degree upon completion.
I haven’t started at BG yet, but I will in the fall and based on the staff and students, helpful insight, and overall positive atmosphere I’m psyched to attend Bowling Green!
Bowling Green State University is a beautiful campus. The students there are very welcoming and helpful to new students to the campus.
Bowling Green State University is a very great college. It is very affordable and has a very beautiful and big campus. The professors are very engaged with their students and lead them on the right path to succeed. It is a very safe and fun environment to be in. The campus food is great and so are the people. It is a very friendly type of environment. Things I would love to see change is the hours of operation of the dining halls. I believe the dining halls should be opened until midnight instead of 8 or 9 so kids can have a late bite to eat. Other than that, Bowling green is the best university to attend!
Start Your Review of Bowling Green State University
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Campus is nice except for the fact that there isn't enough dorm rooms for the junior and senior class to live on campus. Also the fact that the university doesn't give enough money to the liberal arts majors.
I had several learning experiences at BGSU. Overall, I liked attending there but the campus was a little too rural for me. I transfered to a college in a larger city.