Bowling Green State University Reviews

2,222 reviews
The atmosphere at Bowling Green State University is friendly right off the bat. The staff and faculty always make time for students. The campus is beautiful and the winters are relatively easy.
I love BGSU! It's a big campus but every class is within a 10 minute walking distance of the dorms. Bowling Green State University is located in the middle of Bowling Green, Ohio so downtown is just minutes away.
During my overnight stay at Bowling Green State University I enjoyed talking to professors about what to expect as a student on campus. In addition to meeting the staff I also enjoyed getting to know the students on campus via icebreakers that were orchestrated by the faculty. However, I'd recommend Bowling Green expand their business program.
Review Bowling Green State University
My experience at BGSU has exceeded all my college expectations! At first I wasn't one hundred percent positive if I wanted to attend BG but I realized right away that I could not picture myself anywhere else. BG is my home and the people here are some of the best people you will ever meet. Getting involved with Greek Life at BG and joining the Alpha Chi Omega sorority here is what really made my experience unforgettable. Joining Alpha Chi and choosing to go to BGSU were two of the greatest decisions I have ever made!
This is a great college. It's a Division one college, with a division three feel. The campus is beautiful and with the exception of sporting complexes, everything is within about a ten-fifteen minute walk. Lots of opportunities to get involved, and stay on track. Over all just a great college and experience.
I would like to see a bigger focus on the communication design aspects of the graphic design major. The Library is AWESOME for studying, with the country's biggest pop culture archives. The greek life is amazing, there is even a little community for the greek housing. The grocery stores on campus are convenient, and include healthy options. The campus is in the middle of a rural area which is kind of frustrating.
BGSU is a great place to live and has an excellent community for every type of person. The tuition is expensive, and many professors do not understand the financial burden that students face in regards to textbooks and working while in school.
It really prepared me for life! The School of Media & Communication is unparalleled. The range of careers you can go into is phenomenal.
BGSU may have a somewhat small campus, but the school spirit is larger than life. Every Friday is Falcon Friday, the fight song constantly chimes everyday, and countless friendships and connections are made each semester. As a former member of the Falcon Marching Band, I've never seen such school spirit represented at any other school.
I enjoyed the athletic program! I have learned so much! I am so excited to continue to be apart of the team.
Overall, a pretty great school. There are a few things they need to work on in terms of International students, though. Treatment in terms of giving them an equal opportunity when registering for classes (new/transfer) and housing during breaks can and should be addressed.
BGSU's biggest problem is typical: So much money goes to the athletics and athletes. But where it succeeds is in its selection of interesting courses and the professors that teach them. Generally speaking, the campus' instructors are a wonderful lot who will go out of their way to be as helpful and humorous as possible and as understanding to their students' needs as necessary.
BGSU is an average college with average everything. They really do boost their MBA program through the roof however... what is so special about MBAs? This is more than likely due to my experience with people in that program, but they all kind of suck in terms of personality. My department was underfunded and shoved in a degrading building. The history department was underfunded and being cut back on average one professor a year. They seem to really enjoy funneling money towards construction rather than to the students. It doesn't actually help, it just puts more students into debt and ruin the reputation all the professors there worked for.
I am currently loving it at Bowling Green State University. I finished my freshman year recently and I'm in love with the school. The atmosphere is friendly, the staff is engaging, and the learning communities are almost like a little family. I strongly recommend attending. Kreischer needs improvement.
As soon as I arrived at BGSU as a freshman, I immediately felt at home. The town and the people were so welcoming. Although it is a big school, I did not feel overwhelmed or nervous around campus. I felt very safe and secure.
I love that Bowling Green State University is a very open and welcoming community to all students who are willing to put into the effort the the college offers. There is no other college I could see myself attending, my freshman year I truly fell in love with this school.
Bowling Green State University is a wonderful campus to live on. There is so much to do on campus and off. Have family members too that graduated here it is a great University academically and socially.
Review Bowling Green State University
I enjoy being a student at BGSU. I feel like the classes are the perfect size and that you won't feel like just a number at BGSU. It's very easy to get in touch with professors outside of class using email or the inbox on canvas. BG provides several resources for their students to succeed and they work with students that fall off track to get them back on. BGSU does a great job of providing support for their freshmen and making sure they are on the right course to graduate. Freshmen are given mandatory advising meetings to discuss their grades and schedules. BG provides a degree audit so students can look at their progress and assess what they need to do to graduate. I think BG has a very inclusive atmosphere and that they provide events for every race, ethnicity, and gender to enjoy. I really think I made the best choice by coming to BGSU.
I enjoy the diversity at BGSU. It is also a beautiful campus, with a great atmosphere. I value the environment as well as the academics because they're challenging but easy to find help.
My recent time at bowling green has been a great experience. I the campus is very nice. The faculty and staff there are wonderful and are very helpful and understanding. And the student life there is extraordinary, there so much things there to experience as student.