Bowie State University Reviews

1,082 reviews
Commuter school but well get the better experience if you stay on cmapus. Try to join clubs and network as much as possible especially if you plan to remain in the area after graduation.
Small school with a lot of different personalities. Anyone can find a group to hang with or be a part of.
I love everything about being at Bowie State University. i am so happy I chose this school. I am apart of the cheerleading team.
Start Your Review of Bowie State University
Mainly my issue is with communication, finances, housing, and food. People in the offices do not reply to emails on time. Documents are lost. When you go into an office you do not always feel welcomed to bring attention to your problems and concerns, instead, you are met with attitudes and laziness. However, life is what you make of it you have to find your own people at the school who are connected to help. You cannot dwell on the past and must work to get what you desire just like anything else. Also just like in life you get what you put out and although I would blame Bowie for certain issues most of the things I have dealt with are a result of my own energy or effort.
The campus as a whole was beautiful. As you walk from one building to another the scenery is stunning.
Even though it's an HBCU there's still a lot of diversity amongst the students there. There's a lot of things to do at the school academically and socially especially during Homecoming. I would like for there to be more housing options and for it to be less expensive.
I like how Bowie State University has a strong sense of pride. They also have a lot of opportunities offered throughout the academic year.
I am a current student at Bowie State University. I decided to stay in campus my first year and it was one of the best things I've done. I believe staying on campus really lets you connect with others better and get a better feel of what it is your school has to offer. College is what you make it you are investing in yourself there will always be people at any university that say "oh this school sucks" but did they really give a solid effort or were they not ready to have such a big responsibility in college. Bowie is an amazing school for business I'm an accounting major and Bowie has provided me with multiple opportunities to be successful also they have a NABA chapter on campus. I couldn't have chose better for my major.
I am currently a Junior Accounting major at Bowie State University. Bowie State is a small school and great for scholars looking for a teaching based school rather than a research-based school.
Bowie State is a diverse University with great teachers and even greater students. You will learn a lot at this school. The tuition is fair and I believe you get your moneys worth. Lots of students come to bowie seeking an education and come out with much more. When you leave bowie state you will have new experiences new friends and maybe even a new job.
What I like about Bowie State University Is that you meet new people and get to know them. Bowie State opens a lot of opportunities for students to be a part of something in themselves, another thing I like about my campus is everyone is enjoying having fun such as parties, programs, and special guests coming down to give us students speeches about life, challenges, and success. The one thing that I want to change is more student being more involve in programs where we talk about our culture, community, and character because we as a student must know who we are and what is our purpose.
I have learned so much semester after semester. I met knew people, networked more, and grown academically.
I still have more room to grow but Bowie has me better with time management, being an all around student, and getting to know and be friends with people who want to see me succeed.
Bowie state is a great school. The campus is beautiful, the professors are very helpful, and the city is very safe.
The only thing I enjoyed about Bowie State University is the Entrepreneurship program because it helps you a lot with opening your business. The school itself is not that great, customer service is horrible and they are completely out dated when you want to sign in Financial aid office, the employee are talking to each other instead of assisting students. In addition, the staff will send you office to office instead of explaining to you the process of your certain needs. If you are receiving a transfer scholarship, you need look for the transfer representative constantly in order to receive your scholarship.
Distance, teaching and professors are excellent for me. The set up of the campus is very captivating. The professors know their stuff and they teach it with passion. The staff goes above and beyond to help the students with they are looking for it comes to registration and choosing a major.
Bowie State is a great HBCU to attend. It is a small campus, so you won't be lost within a sea of students and you will get to know familiar faces fairly quickly. There is a strong sense of community at Bowie State and everyone helps each other out.
My overall experience at Bowue State University (BSU) has been great. I enjoy living on campus. I also like my professors and meeting new people in my classes. I often go to the campus library to study for upcoming tests. I'm very fortunate to have a roommate that I like and get along well. We both graduated from the same county and friends in common. There are several places to eat on campus and overall the food is good. Something the cafe will have crab legs, steak and salmon!! Homecoming week is usually the best parties!!! The few things I want to see change are more of a variety with food choices. I would recommend BSU as a great place to learn and grow.
Start Your Review of Bowie State University
The administration at this university is absolutely terrible. It seems as though they are under staffed, because no one answers your calls, or responds to your messages with any sense of urgency. The administrative faculty at BSU is also very rude, and inconsiderate of the students. I am a current graduate student here and I have been trying to contact the office of financial aid for TWO WEEKS! They give out misinformation and hold your financial disbursement for no apparent reason, and for some students like myself this is a major inconvenience. At most reputable institutions, your refund is disbursed before classes even begin. The attitude of the staff is very unpleasant after finally speaking with someone from the office, I was rushed off the phone, and my questions were answered with uncertainty. They did not the office of financial aid gave me an uncertain answer, leaving me in the exact same position confused and stressed.
Bowie state University is one of the oldest historically black university in Maryland, it is a good School with a small population size. I really love Bowie state because ,with the small population size I can easily participate in class; which include like asking questions in topics I don’t understand . I’m also lucky enough to easily schedule appointments with my professor, to ask question on topics that I couldn’t understand, It’s also a very quite campus, very conducive for studies and diverse as well.
I love it. The atmosphere is just amazing, like everyone on campus is one big happy family. I encourage you to definitely come visit the school and see for yourselves. Our CAB does an amazing job in planning the coolest and most fun events on campus. Also very big shoutout to our SGA for advocating for us day in and day out their amazing.