Bowie State University Reviews

1,197 reviews
Its an amazing school with great staff that really takes care of you and has your best interests at heart.
overall its a great experience. There are some professors that slack off that fail to put grades in a reasonable times.
Online learning has had its ups and downs and presented a few challenges. It just depends on the professor and their ability to adapt to teaching an online class and observing to see what methods are the most effective. I've had a few online classes that I've enjoyed taking and I've also had some that I didn't enjoy so much. With the online classes I've enjoyed, professors communicated very well and made announcements when an assignment was due and had a clear syllabus to refer back to. Professors were also available to answer any questions and responded promptly, addressing anything I needed help with or clarification on. Online classes I didn't enjoy involved professors who did the exact opposite and basically had us teach ourselves.
Start Your Review of Bowie State University
Bowie State is a great commuter school and they offer good educational programs. There could be some improvements in the ways they accommodate student needs as well as the professionalism of the employees but overall it's a good school to attend. Very clean and well maintained and I'm impressed with how promptly they shut down in person classes to protect their students and staff amidst the COVID 19 pandemic.
The online learning experience at Bowie State University has been okay. Some professors are very arrogant and don't grasp the concept that online and face to face are two different things. They expect everything to stay the same, when in reality that is not how things work. Corona has changed a lot and it is either we adjust to it or act like it is not there. The best thing to do is adjust because with adjusting, we will grow and learn new things. I find it hard to focus while online because most professors don't take their jobs seriously to begin with which makes it hard for me to grasp that I'm even learning.
My overall experience at Bowie State University has been quite challenging. I find myself being grateful that God even blessed me with the opportunity to get a college education. On the other hand, Bowie State has not been as easy road for me. If it is not the professors that are lousy and do not care about you or your grade, it is the residents you have to deal with that have no respect for you. I learned a lot and have grown so much while being here and I plan on learning more because when you are uncomfortable and step out your comfort zone you grow much more than you think.
The Professors mistreat students. Students voices are ignored. Administration is incompetent. My daughter has been there for 3 years and for 3 years she has suffered at the hands of negligence, disrespect, and constant mistreatment and all by staff. Sometimes I feel she is an inmate in prison. My other children will never attend this University. Do not go to this school. Run the other way...
It’s a great school a lot of diversity and openness coming from California it was a different energy that I needed
Staff is very helpful and understanding . They give great lesson and explain the lesson throughly . Great school to attend
All of the courses at Bowie State during my time were face to face courses. There were no online courses. I do recall taking one class that was not face to face and it was not online. However, the science course did require each student to view video content each lesson that was provided on a weekly basis. Each student was required to complete the video and take an assessment based on our comprehension of the content.
At the time that I went to Bowie, 1989-1995, my experience went fairly well. I lived on campus for two years and then decided to commute my remaining years. In hindsight, I should have stayed on campus. Deciding to commute became a distraction for me and I believed set me back, thus adding another year to my undergraduate journey.
My online experience at Bowie State was a good/ bad one I was able to still learn effectively and still understand everything like I was in the classroom
What I liked personally about Bowie State was the family friendly environment that allows you to settle in and become comfortable with everyday life on a college campus.
Bowie State University is a very good school. It is a small school, and has a home like atmosphere. The people on campus are very kind and friendly people. There are plenty of activities and clubs on campus that can accommodate to anyone’s interest. Overall I’m having a great experience.
Bowie state university is a great school. It’s a small school but the opportunities are still there. There are many clubs and activities around campus that can accommodate to anyone’s interest. The people on campus are also very friendly. Overall good experience so far.
Bowie is a great school to attend it provided what i need to be successful in my future nursing career
Start Your Review of Bowie State University
Also online classes allow me to work on my own and move at my own pace. The use of online courses has made life at work easier, Since I don't have to meet on a regularly basis, It is very convenient for me not having to meet on a regular basis. When a person has to work full time, it is hard for that person to successfully juggle their job responsibilities along with homework and study. A person can always take an online course to deal with the time constraints that a job will put on you. The use of online courses allows you to cover the material needed in school while maintaining your workload.
I've learned that to be a successful distance learner, you have to be self-disciplined and able to work well on your own. Since you won't be physically going to class each week, you can take part in class from the comfort of your own home. You must be self-disciplined because the instructor wont constantly be there to remind you of assignments or of project deadlines.
My online experience was decent, some professors were very considerate with the transition to online learning while others made learning much more difficult than it had to be. Also, there were some programs needed for online learning that not everyone had access to which made completing assignments and tests nearly impossible.
Bowie State is a wonderful university. It is very diverse and most of the faculty and staff are very helpful and kind. I just wish that there were more organizations available.