Bowie State University Reviews

1,016 reviews
great campus and it is very affordable so its a good trade off. it has its ups and downs but nonetheless it is a great school to attend. also its a lot of my own family history at the school so that is another reason I attend.
Bowie State is a HBCU that is tucked away in Bowie MD, it's a commuter school but it suits my needs as I help out my family and it's only 8 minutes up the street from me.
On one hand,I like the fact that you don't need to make an appointment before you see a tutor. In addition to that,everyone is willing to help when you ask for directions. Furthermore, the review forms given to students at the end of the course semester assists the school administration to better understand how well the professor interacts with the students. On the other hand, the tuition fees for international students is too expensive as compared to citizens and permanent residents. In addition to that, international students are not allowed to work in the library, I think they're biased.
Start Your Review of Bowie State University
I went on a college tour over the summer and it was great. I saw the admissions office, the criminal justice building, fraternity yards, science building where the people who are majoring in the sciences will spend all their time, theater arts, we learned about athletics, they have intramural teams if you don't make the actual team which makes everybody get involved. We have a chance as individuals to live with a roommate and make connections with other people.
I like that it is a small, but inclusive campus. The atmosphere is comfortable. The staff are professionals, and friendly. Students are helpful, and knowledgeable.
Bowie State is a fun place to be, it is a very friendly campus. Everyone here is iwlling to help you whenever you need it.
On my visit at Bowie state University, I experienced so much diversity. Everyone was full of joy and the campus was really clean and a safe environment. during the tour there was so many helpful people, I felt comfortable asking a lot of questions and getting great feedback.
I like that Bowie State university is an hbcu college and the professors there actually take time out to teach their students. The area is very clean and the buildings are very new and they give everyone great opportunities to get things done. They help students in need and they are very caring. Bowie State have great sports and they have an amazing track and field.
I like Bowie mostly because of the tuition and the student life. You meet some great people here and its just very calm.
the people are great! the school spirit is very good. professors seem interested and willing to help. the upperclassmen are helpful.
I attended orientation and enjoyed how the teachers were and students. They were so helpful. The food was okay and the environment seemed very safe.
Bowie is a outstanding University/ school. I like what Bowie State stands for and has to offer to the students, their students. I picked Bowie for my undergrad after completing community college because i knew that the professors there would be very helpful and play an important role in preparation of my career. Another reason i love Bowie because it is a commuter school and the tuition is reasonable compared to bigger universities. I love Bowie and there is so much to learn and get from there everyday is a memorable experience.
The professors here are great, you will really learn a lot from them if you just apply yourself in class. In turn, the professors can show you the way to many opportunities. However, the institution itself can do better. Meaning the faculty could be more considerate of students, friendlier, happier, etc.
I'm currently going into my sophomore year here at the illustrious Bowie State University. I' am a Criminal Justice major and I' am in love with their Criminal Justice program.
What I like about Bowie State University is that everyone is kind of like a family and most of the professors at the school want to make sure every student completely understands the work.
Excellent college. Bowie may be a HBCU bit there is a lot of diversity on campus containing almost all of the ethnic groups and religions. The professors are great and atmosphere is family/friend like. There is always someone willing to help you out when needed to grasp the bit of info that you didn't understand. Many Students have left bowie more than ready in their field thanks to all of the academic program, resources, faculty on campus.
At the end of the day I love my University, after dealing with everything, it was one of the best expierances.
Start Your Review of Bowie State University
Overall Bowie State University is a good University but like anything else it is not perfect. The classrooms could be a little bit more updated. The dorms could have more air when it is hot and heat when it is cold, but other than that everything else is pretty great.
Bowie is a really great school, filled with wonderful people and great experiences. Bowie excels in the areas of academics, athletics, and community service. The campus is small and convenient, it takes little to no time at all to travel between classes, the cafeteria, and dorm rooms. The students and staff are friendly and welcoming. Bowie is affordable and extremely worth attending. I love how student oriented the staff at Bowie are. The genuinely want to see every student succeed and will go above and beyond to make sure students do succeed. However the cafe could have more food options. The current options are slim to none.
Bowie State University, overall, is a good school. Having a beautiful campus, there is always something to do but, it's only what you make of it. I would like to see more food options and late night food places.