Bowdoin College Reviews

Filters Applied:
Professor's try really hard to adapt and provide the best learning experience for students. The school even sent out free iPad Pros to every single student in the school which we get to keep.
One of the best undergraduate institutions in the nation. Once you're a Polar Bear, always a Polar Bear.
I was a senior during the year we transition to online school, and most of my classes were seamlessly transitioned to online learning.
Start Your Review of Bowdoin College
Bowdoin is an all-around stellar school. It is comparable to the ivy league in terms of the quality of education.
I couldn't have picked a better school! I am absolutely in love with my college and proud to be a Bowdoin student. The professors and staff are there to help support you during your academic journey and the students are amazing! The campus is very welcoming and the food is great!
Bowdoin College is an incredible place and I would recommend it strongly to anyone applying. The professors are unmatched. Maine is wonderful. I've built life long friendships and a deep connection with the Bowdoin community.
Online courses were not available during my 4 years at Bowdoin College, but I'd imagine the experience is still enjoyable.
Small school where people are friendly and professors are very helpful. The only downside is it can be a little isolating having so little people, but there are a lot of opportunities that the school offers which makes it an overall great learning experience.
Bowdoin is a very special community to be a part of. You can tell from the moment that you step on campus that you are welcome and the people there want you to succeed and will go out of their way to help you. The best part about Bowdoin is truly the people that make it up.
I love Bowdoin. The work is very difficult, and parties aren't great, but the people here are amazing and that's the most important thing. Its a really great place in so many ways.
Bowdoin College is an amazing college. I think the school has a ton to offer. The small class sizes allow for creating great relationships with professors.
The moment I stepped on Bowdoin's campus, I knew that it was going to be my home for the next four years. I am confident that I chose the right school for me. I feel like I'm flourishing in terms of my social and academic life; things are just happening for me here. My professors are wonderful, there's such a tight-knit community, and the people here are so nice. Bowdoin just cares about me!
Bowdoin helps you learn and grow far more than just your academics, but your person. For me, this comes primarily from the people in the Bowdoin community. There are difficulties associated with any one of the elements listed below about Bowdoin, but the people that I've met and have created a community with have turned any of those difficulties around into beautiful learning experiences and reinforcements of community. Maybe it's just that I've found my people -- but there is such an overwhelming number of these people that I feel this from. Students are supportive, collaborative, have a crazy range of interests, and a willingness to try new things (even if that new thing is taking a break and forgoing a reading). There are many ways to learn and challenge oneself, and my time at Bowdoin has shown me how that can both be deepened in academics and extend far beyond just those traditional academics. My academics enhance my holistic life, as my holistic life enhances my academics.
I have loved my experience at Bowdoin so far. My favorite part about the college is its people. It is evident that the professors are teaching because they enjoy it. From my experiences, the professors I have had showed sincere concern and they cared about how their students were doing. Other staff and the students seem just as genuine. The Bowdoin "hello" is real and I love it when I walk by someone on the way to class and they say hello.
So glad I chose to come to Bowdoin! A very close community where people treat each other with kindness and are excited to learn from their peers. Quality of life is great, with great dorms, food and surrounding area. Classes are challenging but there is very little competitiveness and lots of support for students academically. For a small liberal arts school, there is a very healthy and fun social life.
Best things about Bowdoin: the PEOPLE (A-grade human beings very smart and very fun), the PROFESSORS (inspiring, caring, personable, incredibly intelligent), FOOD!!!! (see NYtimes article), Parties (DJ pub nights, social house parties, Crackhouse, Joshuas, fun people), CAMPUS (gorgeous gorgeous accessible campus), NO frats or sororities, Great clubs and events on campus constantly
I loved attending Bowdoin, but it is very expensive and was not very flexible with my family in our financial aid. It is also not a very diverse student body, but is working slowly to change this. Most professor are excellent and you get to engage with them very closely at such a small school, and the professors welcome this.
Start Your Review of Bowdoin College
Next year I will have a Junior at Bowdoin as well as an incoming freshman. No matter if you are a nerd student or a promising artist, Bowdoin is THE place to help you discover your passion. My girls love their college. Go visit. You’ll fall in love with our Polar Bear community!
Bowdoin provides students with so many opportunities. The professors are excellent, the food is fantastic, the dorms are spacious and clean, and the campus is beautiful.
I had an excellent experience at Bowdoin. This is a wonderful place to live, work, and learn. My relationships with professors and peers have had lifelong impact.