- 4 Year
- BRUNSWICK, ME
Bowdoin College Campus Life
Based on housing cost, capacity, student reviews and additional factors.
On-Campus Housing Available
Freshmen Required to Live on Campus
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Undergrads in College Housing
Average Housing Cost
$6,451 / year
100%of students say overall dorm quality is great. 43 responses
90%of students say the dorms' social atmosphere is great. 69 responses
Based on meal plan cost and student reviews on the food.
Meal Plan Available
Average Meal Plan Cost
$6,989 / year
What are the best food options on campus?
Based on 86 responses
- Jack McGee's Pub & Grill22%
- Moulton Dining Hall22%
- Thorne dining Hall21%
- Café in Smith Union12%
- Honestly, everything here is great.12%
- Convenience store (C-store)8%
- Campus Food Truck3%
88%of students highly rate the dining facilities. 65 responses
Map is loading
Based on quality of housing, food services, student reviews, and additional factors.
Based on campus diversity, social scene, student reviews, and additional factors.
What is your overall opinion of your school and the campus community?
Based on 43 responses
- I love everything about my school and have a lot of campus pride.65%
- I like mostly everything about my school, but there are some things I wish were different.28%
- The school community is okay-we're all just here for an education, nothing more.5%
- I hate my school and have no school spirit.2%
Based on crimes on campus, local area crime rates, and student reviews.
100%of students say they feel extremely safe and secure on campus. 45 responses
How does peer pressure affect students' use of drugs and alcohol?
Based on 37 responses
- You can have a great social life without drugs or alcohol.24%
- Most people partake in some form, but no one treats you differently if you don't.51%
- You'll definitely feel a little awkward if you don't drink.22%
- If you don't partake, you're left out.3%
How visible are the campus police on campus?
Based on 43 responses
- Extremely present and willing to assist students.49%
- There if you need them but not overbearing.49%
- Just there to bust up parties or give out parking tickets.2%
How popular are varsity sports on campus?
Based on 72 responses
- Almost everything on campus revolves around them.10%
- Varsity sports are a big part of campus life.18%
- Varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.67%
- No one pays attention to varsity sports.6%
Men's Varsity Sports
All Track Combined, Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Skiing, Soccer, Squash, Swimming and Diving, Tennis
Women's Varsity Sports
All Track Combined, Basketball, Field Hockey, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Other Sports, Skiing, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Volleyball
Clubs & Activities
Dance, Drama/Theater, International Student Organizations, Literary Magazine, Radio Station, Student Government, Newspaper, Film Society, Television Station
Choral Groups, Concert Band, Jazz Band, Music Ensembles, Musical Theater, Symphony Orchestra
What are your favorite campus events or traditions?
Based on 68 responses
- Back to school lobster bake16%
- Bowdoin-Colby Hockey Game12%
- Thanksgiving Dinner12%
- Polar Bear10%
- Bowdoin Hello7%
- Pre-O Trips7%
Based on access to bars and student reviews on the party scene.
What is the party scene like on campus?
Based on 71 responses
- Tons of raging parties almost any night of the week.1%
- Lots of options Wednesday-Saturday.32%
- Some decent frat/house parties, weekends only.51%
- Good parties are few and far between.7%
- Parties? What parties?8%
What is the biggest party event of the year?
Based on 47 responses
- We don't party9%
Men in Fraternities
Women in Sororities
90%of students say they don't have Greek life. 52 responses